New "Simplified Offense"

DirtDart

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes coaches out scheme themselves.

Just because a defense knows what play is coming doesn't mean they will be successful. At some point you just got to beat the guy in front of you.

What??? Is this football or something? (In case people can't sense playful sarcasm this morning...I couldn't agree more with kota).

I'm encouraged by the change ot Lynn. When I think of great offenses that sustained success over multiple years, I think of teams that did the same things repeatedly with excellence. Everyone knew Jerry Rice was going to run crossing patterns. Everyone knew Denver was going to run that zone blocking/cutback lane stuff with T.Davis. That didn't stop them from executing. The key is understanding the countermeasures taken by the defense and then crafting SIMPLE adjustments to force the defense off balance.

What??? Is this football or something? (In case people can't sense playful sarcasm this morning...I couldn't agree more with kota).

I'm encouraged by the change ot Lynn. When I think of great offenses that sustained success over multiple years, I think of teams that did the same things repeatedly with excellence. Everyone knew Jerry Rice was going to run crossing patterns. Everyone knew Denver was going to run that zone blocking/cutback lane stuff with T.Davis. That didn't stop them from executing. The key is understanding the countermeasures taken by the defense and then crafting SIMPLE adjustments to force the defense off balance.

Agreed

My point all along has been getting lined up with enough time for TT to read the defense. And trust me, I am not making excused for him, I am not sold on TT. It's maddening when they are lining up and all TT has time to do is clap his hands quickly for a snap because the play clock is about to run out. I want to see the O lined up with at least 10 seconds on the clock to determine if, given the time, TT can read a defense.

Last night, Houston was at the line with 20 seconds on the clock regularly (in the first half, before they were in hurry up).

And they still sucked and a QB that has issues reading a defense still couldnt read a defense.

Yes, exactly my point! And you can make that conclusion because he is lining up with plenty of time on the play clock. The Bills need to see TT lined up with that much time....

Took a while, but we got there...

Edited by ricojes

Your welcome to find another team anytime

Gee thanks John. Glad to know I have your permission. Please name all the great QB's in the last 56 years, especially the last 16. I'm sure you've been here for at least the last few anyway.

Edited by norton20

I expect to see minimal delay of game penalties and/or burned time outs because plays are coming in late or they have any personnel group confusion.

@billsupdates

New OC Anthony Lynn wants Buffalo Bills' offense to run at faster pace: http://trib.al/FCdp6Po

That's great... get the game over faster..... I like where their heads are at.

bla bla bla......qb sucks...mumble mumble mumble......qb sucks

Have I covered it all?

Jeez quite the condescending little asshat aren't you. I've watched this team for 56 years so bite me. Actually John, if you were paying attention last game, (did mom let you stay up late and watch the whole thing) you might have noticed no pass rush, bad db play, runners that go sideways instead of taking what's available up the middle, horrifyingly bad uses of timeouts, misthrows on simple out routes by the QB and the ususal litany of things that have plagued this team for 16 going on17 years. And yes John, if you havent been watching for the full 17 years or so, the quarterbacks have sucked. A lot.

Edited by norton20

That's great... get the game over faster..... I like where their heads are at.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic but I am not on board with this 'play fast' idea. With our D being unable to get off the field, the last thing they want is to have the offense shorten the game. I realize the effects playing fast has on opposing defenses but that is a risky proposition for the Bills as they are playing right now. First they have not shown the ability to sustain drives. That is Lynn's first job (along with scoring ofcourse). Secondly, the D has enough issues with rotational depth on the D line that being winded compounds the problem.

This is similar to the stupid decision by Hackett to start his rookie season and rookie QB with a no huddle offense which didnt have the horses to run it.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Jeez quite the condescending little asshat aren't you. I've watched this team for 56 years so bite me. Actually John, if you were paying attention last game, (did mom let you stay up late and watch the whole thing) you might have noticed no pass rush, bad db play, runners that go sideways instead of taking what's available up the middle, horrifyingly bad uses of timeouts, misthrows on simple out routes by the QB and the ususal litany of things that have plagued this team for 16 going on17 years. And yes John, if you havent been watching for the full 17 years or so, the quarterbacks have sucked. A lot.

Trust me, John's been watching for 17 years.

The bed time/mother's basement thing is a bit stale, but whatever.

Making Elway look like a genius. Again.

Except that they did try to keep him and when he left they were in full on panic mode. Its not like the Broncos made a cool calm a collected decision to cut ties with Brock and move on. They wanted him back. If they had gotten their way, Brock would still be in Denver.

Bills Kim gun ran 10 plays. Their run game was counter right and left. If simple means multiple WR screens a game which require no read I'm all for it. Just get the ball to Sammy, Clay, and McCoy

Always helps when you have HOF QB, RB, WR and coach(Levy) calling(I know Marchabroda isn't HOF) and running said plays. Not to take anything away from the current players IQ but not really a comparison.

In my limited opinion, the defensive side must be simpler as they must react to what's coming. A body must be put on a body ASAP. Too much pre-snap thinking causes delays, thus open bad guys. If a team has a front four that can beat their guy 60-70% of the time, complexity isn't needed, Schwartz defense as an example. The occasional blitz causes extra thinking on the O's part which is good....

LOL

Putting aside that you dont pay attention to the forum much (its ok...your not required to)

Yes....I can be a little condesending at times......it is a failure of mine as I shoudl be above that.

I pay attention to all the games..not just the end result of the plays but what happens leading up to them to cause them to fail (you should try that) I think if you did you would realize that the failures of the offense are a collective effort.....bad use of time outs dont necessarily fall on the qb. Was Tyrod not accurate last year? He actually was pretty proficient in the throws he did attempt so why is it all of a sudden a problem.....could it be that the rythum of the offense become a problem......running game is really important in this offense and it has dissapeared......is that a scheme problem? If so does that fall on the QB as well?

You continue to rant about "16 to 17" years......the time starts and stops with each new offense it is not one big beating.

Tyrod Taylor is the best QB this team has had in some time.....he is NOT a top 5 QB and will probably never approach that.......but be careful what you wish for in this department because it could EASILY be worse.

Get the running game averaging 4 yards a clip and converting 3rd downs....and watch and see if Tyrod's profiency does not improve.