Marone

PatsFanNH

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why I'll be a son of a pup, I had that mixed! "Internal injuries" not leg. Thanks for the straight gouge.

The clip of the hit looked pretty straightfoward, clean and frankly, nothing out of the ordinary way.

Yup amazing how fragile the human body really is, to this day I am shocked he didn't retire at the end of that year.

Funny, I was thinking about this the other night (I'm getting old I used to think about girls). Would be nice to know what would have happened it couldn't have been any worse. I believe he probably wanted Whiley coyote out and he ended up out.

no.

I will continue to watch his career path though. he might honestly make it to a HC gig again.

But when Bills hired him it was the same ole.

Shoulda kept Chan and paid whatevers to getting Jim S. when he became available. But no ! Let's go cheap and get Wannstache and nearly ruin Gailey as a human being.

Those were the days.

no.

I will continue to watch his career path though. he might honestly make it to a HC gig again.

But when Bills hired him it was the same ole.

Shoulda kept Chan and paid whatevers to getting Jim S. when he became available. But no ! Let's go cheap and get Wannstache and nearly ruin Gailey as a human being.

Those were the days.

I''d have kept Chan another year if he'd been willing to ditch Wanny. Not sure he would have been. But hiring Wanny in the first place was all on Chan.

I was wondering, do you guys think if he had stayed your playoff streak would have been broken last year? He had the team going in the right direction just had a terrible O.

No. Your ****-ass team would have still cheated us out of it, somehow.

I was wondering, do you guys think if he had stayed your playoff streak would have been broken last year? He had the team going in the right direction just had a terrible O.

Very legit question.

We had a championship caliber defense.

Special teams was coming off a strong season, Carpenter had a great year.

It all depends on how we dealt with the offense during the offseason. McCoy likely would have happened regardless of the head coach, not sure who the QB would have been. We probably would have been much more competitive than we were with Rex, and I didn't really think Marrone was that good of a coach, but he was young and might have improved. We would not be in as bad a shape as we are now if he stayed.

So, Marrone leaving hurt, but the decision to hire Rex hurt much more.

seem to think it was 4,.Detriot, Chicago, GreenBay and New Englang

Please explain how these were gifts? I could sort of see "New Englang" since Tommy didn't play.

As far as the others:

Detroit - 3 missed FGs gifting us 9 points? Actually we gifted them 10. Kyle's 1st pass was a gift pick six into the DBs bread basket on our own 30 and Carpenter missed a fg as well. The comeback Kyle led was amazing. Still waiting for Hotrod to so something like that even though he's had multiple opportunities.

Chicago - I have no idea how that was a gift. Please help me.

Green Bay - Come on man. Our D whipped they're offense badly. Our running game and FGs in the 2nd half controlled the game. Causing a safety to ice the game is luck?

I'm surprised your not counting the Minnesota game too since it was a miraculous comeback as well.

Edited by reddogblitz

Orton was gone at least a day before Marone..speculation was that was a big reason he left...felt he had no QB and the resulting 6-10 staring him in the face would damage his reputation and ability to get another job.

My recollection is that Orton hadnt made a decision, then he had some sort of sidebar with Marone and ran into the locker room and cleared out his locker then announced he was retiring. Marone may not have announced yet but it appeared he had told Orton and Orton bailed.

That may be speculation but it makes perfect sense. Orton would not want to have to battle it out in the preseason with EJ again. He had a good thing going with Marone/Hackett but with a new coach maybe not so much. Take the money and run.

Although I guess it could have gone the other way too, as you suggest. Hadnt considered that angle.