Bucky Gleason: Right On the Money

Keukasmallies

EZ for the "writers" TBN to pile on now- nothing to argue against them-

but.....to rave about the "classy" organization over in Philly is a joke- If our boy Rex had been run out of KC for some personal issues like Pederson was supposedly run out by Reid would have caused TBN to have a field day-

Do a little research there Bucky-

2 games

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting the fact aside that the article is poorly written, the thought behind it is sobering. We could have had either of those coordinators as our HC and there's no chance we would be in as bad shape as we are now 0-2, about to be 0-3 looking down the barrel of another circus-like offseason where we will fail to change out the people at the top of the hierarchy and continue playing musical chairs with the people at the bottom after having missed the playoffs for 17 straight years

Edited by ndirish1978

so then why did you provide a comment? twice no less? :)

Indeed.

The problem I have with Bucky's analysis is that in the first 2 weeks, or even 4 weeks, it's really not quite clear which are good and bad teams this year. The Iggles looked good, but so far they have beaten the Browns and the Bears. If we'd played the Browns and the Bears, would we be 2-0 right now? If they'd played the Ravens and Jets, would they be 2-0, 1-1, or 0-2? We got beat by the Jets, who lost to the Bengals by 1 point on a FG with <1 min left and a desperation INT from Fitz. On Thurs, they looked "all world". Is that 'cuz they are improved, or because they were playing us and we suck? Time will tell.

They beat the Browns and Bears and suddenly They are the model on how to rebuild a team. Bucky is an idiot.

The best model to follow in rebuilding a team is to get a franchise qb. I'm not giving up on TT as a starter but he has limitations that can not be overcome i.e. making reads and good accuracy in the short and middle game.

To be fair, there was a huge jump in talent with the NYJ from 2014 to 2015 with a new GM and coach. They went out and acquired several key pieces for their offense including Fitz, Revis, and Brandon Marshall.

That is most true, CornerBlitz. And unless Rex had no influence at all in the Jets drafting process (which is most hard to swallow), he might need a mirror to see why those pieces waited 'til after he left to be acquired.

In 2011, when Sanchez was in his 3rd year and still throwing <57% completions and <6 AY/A, there were rumblings around the league that he just couldn't be taught to read a D and to make progressions and Schottenheimer was pulling his hair out trying to make the O work. A lot of pundits were suggesting the Jets might move on from Sanchez or at least draft a 2nd QB to hedge their bets. Instead Schottenheimer parted (was kicked to the curb). In 2011 and 2012, the Jets drafted DL and DE, didn't draft DB until 6th and 7th and a QB in the 7th round and at some point in there Mr Loyalty (Rex) got a Sanchez jersey tattooed on his arm. This resulted in Jets taking the 2nd QB in a bad QB year, along with the Bills.

Again, its possible I suppose that Rex had no influence on the Jets drafting process, but I do find that hard to believe.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

He's a poor writer, stylistically. And he has an age-old axe to grind with OBD. The relationship between OBD and most of the media (local or national) seems to be getting more toxic by the week.

We as fans deserve better than all of this. Bad team, crappy coverage of it.

Strange take.

It was a very well written piece. Concise and credible. Pointing out the obvious is only an "axe to grind" here at TBD (for some).

Gleason is correct in every paragraph.

Gleason's article hits on another feature of the repeated futility of the Bills franchise. The Bills franchise (front office) doesn't

really know how to "start over." During the past 16 years, with all the coaching changes, player personnel changes and the like,

the same poor results keep repeating year in and year out. Yeh, the Eagles right now are where the Bills should be. Lots of teams over the

last 16 years have been. A few years ago Denver had the 2nd pick in the draft because the previous year they were aweful. We had

the 3rd pick overall & got Darious (sp?) Denver immediatley rebounds & wins the SB. Oakland sucked a few years ago, but Jack

Del Rio has that team balling. Are there lots of Bills fans right now confident that we're going to turn this thing around this year

and pick up 10 - 11 wins? Not what I've been reading on the message board. The ineptitude of the franchise to just get moderate

results is astoundingly bad.

Anyway, thats my rant for the day.

The best model to follow in rebuilding a team is to get a franchise qb. I'm not giving up on TT as a starter but he has limitations that can not be overcome i.e. making reads and good accuracy in the short and middle game.

I can't read this without having flashbacks to reading here about how Fitz had limitations on accuracy and throws over 10 yards that can not be overcome. And yet I watched him beat us with just those things one week ago.

Gleason's article hits on another feature of the repeated futility of the Bills franchise. The Bills franchise (front office) doesn't

really know how to "start over." During the past 16 years, with all the coaching changes, player personnel changes and the like,

the same poor results keep repeating year in and year out. Yeh, the Eagles right now are where the Bills should be. Lots of teams over the

last 16 years have been. A few years ago Denver had the 2nd pick in the draft because the previous year they were aweful. We had

the 3rd pick overall & got Darious (sp?) Denver immediatley rebounds & wins the SB. Oakland sucked a few years ago, but Jack

Del Rio has that team balling. Are there lots of Bills fans right now confident that we're going to turn this thing around this year

and pick up 10 - 11 wins? Not what I've been reading on the message board. The ineptitude of the franchise to just get moderate

Its like having a house made of rotting wood and they keep putting fresh coats of paint on it, thinking it will withstand the elements.

Its like having a house made of rotting wood and they keep putting fresh coats of paint on it, thinking it will withstand the elements.

This team lives in a state of denial about its quarterback situation. Why is it we can use 2 first round picks to trade up for a WR but we've never spent whatever it took to draft a top-flight QB?

Edited by ndirish1978

This team lives in a state of denial about its quarterback situation. Why is it we can use 2 first round picks to trade up for a WR but we've never spent whatever it took to draft a top-flight QB?

That, sir, is an EXCELLENT question.

The obvious, though disgusting, answer is they thought they had a top-flight QB already.

Fire RUSS BRANDON on down. Then watch what happens if correct people with ZERO connection to the Wilson owned Bills goes.