Bucky Gleason: Right On the Money

Keukasmallies

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh - And yet everyone predicted the Eagles would be terrible this year. There's still a fair chance that they finish in the cellar of that division...

However their GM has been solid... They feel they found their franchise QB. They got their 1st round pick back by dumping bradford. They got out of a couple of bad contracts from the Chip Kelly era. They grabbed their old coaches disciple - who added 2 experienced coordinators. And they have some solid young talent: jordan Matthews, Cox, Agholor.

I'm not sure they've really done much in the last 2 drafts to bring a ton more though. Graham has never been the big time pass rusher they wanted, and cox hides a lot of their issues on the d-line. I think they'll likely look to shore up the rush in the next draft, as well as upgrade the secondary. Knowing our old boy Schwartz... it'll probably be linemen that he wants. He's always tried to get by with mediocre db's.

LMAO... I honestly do not understand why people need journalist to tell them what they already know or to justify what they think based off what they see with their own eyes

I wont read the article because i already know the Bills will need to be semi dismantled and rebuilt again. But I guess when the Bills are this terrible yet again the BS sports guys can just do what they do best .. grind the ax.

I mean if it wasn't the Eagles it would of been some other surprise team they would be comparing to.

Rex just simply needs to go..... as does the FO... and I would like the Pegulas to have 0 input in regards to coaching decisions in the future

Edited by ddaryl

5th rated pass D? Played the Browns and Bears....and until Jay decided to go all Cutler they were getting carved up. Oh and he had a sprained thumb from the game in Houston.....on his throwing hand. Wentz looked good no doubt but I'd temper this entire comparison. Only portion I agree with is Brandon and Whaley need to go with Rex if this season continues to trend in this direction. He's right, they should have known about Rex...

This link is dated January 2, 2013. Where Rex goes chaos follows and excuses spew out like an open fire hydrant. The sucker is the person who hires the huckster after the huckster has already demonstrated his flimflam act leaving carnage for others to deal with.

This link is dated January 2, 2013. Where Rex goes chaos follows and excuses spew out like an open fire hydrant. The sucker is the person who hires the huckster after the huckster has already demonstrated his flimflam act leaving carnage for others to deal with.

How does a huckster make it to the AFC title game 2x ?

Sounds like a credentialed huckster.

You should have heard him yesterday.

We are a national laughingstock, again.

27242498.jpg

How does a huckster make it to the AFC title game 2x ?

Sounds like a credentialed huckster.

Overall he has a losing record and (I believe???) hasn't had a winning record in five consecutive years. He left the Jets in shambles with a four win season, and the next coach wins 10 games. If you believe that he has done a good job in his short stint with the Bills after a losing stint with the Jets then your standards are low.

Overall he has a losing record and (I believe???) hasn't had a winning record in five consecutive years. He left the Jets in shambles with a four win season, and the next coach wins 10 games. If you believe that he has done a good job in his short stint with the Bills after a losing stint with the Jets then your standards are low.

To be fair, there was a huge jump in talent with the NYJ from 2014 to 2015 with a new GM and coach. They went out and acquired several key pieces for their offense including Fitz, Revis, and Brandon Marshall.

My standards are low ?

Rex = 4-2 in playoff games in 2009, 2010.

You/Buffalo Bills. = what's a playoff game.

He will be gone soon, the Cardinals and Pats will bury our faces in the mud.

I drank the koolaide with the Rex hire but looking at it now obviously it was a horrible hire & the warning signs were there, most of the fans(including me) just refused to see them. Hasn't had a winning record in 5-6 years, his defense has been in decline, his scheme did not fit the personal already in place, the 2014 Marrone led Bills made the Jets look stupid in 2 games that year. Another rebuild is on the horizon again after this year. Sad times indeed.

Edited by Gordio

To be fair, there was a huge jump in talent with the NYJ from 2014 to 2015 with a new GM and coach. They went out and acquired several key pieces for their offense including Fitz, Revis, and Brandon Marshall.

As Francesca points out Rex did have a substantial say in personnel when he was with the Jets. It was his team and it was his philosophy that guided the franchise. Now many are making the point (not necessarily you?) that he wasn't substantially responsible for the team that he was coaching.

When he leaves NY order and coherency is quickly restored and the team then moves in a positive direction. Rex after being fired goes to Buffalo. In short order the team is in a state of chaos. If you want to believe that Rex isn't primarily responsible for the state of confusion that the Bills are currently in then that is your prerogative. My position regarding Rex is not only harsh but it is unshakable.

When in doubt check the record. Black and white has no nuance.

He's a poor writer, stylistically. And he has an age-old axe to grind with OBD. The relationship between OBD and most of the media (local or national) seems to be getting more toxic by the week.

We as fans deserve better than all of this. Bad team, crappy coverage of it.

Do you think the Buff News writers have beef w/OBD because they have the stones to call out a crappy product and they refuse to tolerate mediocrity? And OBD feels that the Buff News should sugar-coat everything and be grateful they have an NFL team to write about? I do.

As much as I dog on the Buffalo Sports Writers. I do have to give them props it has to be hard coming up with new content when the same thing happens every year with the team (just the names change).

So I guess I cant blast them too hard for venturing into click bait and hot take articles.

As Francesca points out Rex did have a substantial say in personnel when he was with the Jets. It was his team and it was his philosophy that guided the franchise. Now many are making the point (not necessarily you?) that he wasn't substantially responsible for the team that he was coaching.

When he leaves NY order and coherency is quickly restored and the team then moves in a positive direction. Rex after being fired goes to Buffalo. In short order the team is in a state of chaos. If you want to believe that Rex isn't primarily responsible for the state of confusion that the Bills are currently in then that is your prerogative. My position regarding Rex is not only harsh but it is unshakable.

When in doubt check the record. Black and white has no nuance.

I'm sure he had some influence when Tannebaum was there, but that influence was very much curtailed with Idzik as the two were constantly at odds.

My standards are low ?

Rex = 4-2 in playoff games in 2009, 2010.

You/Buffalo Bills. = what's a playoff game.

He will be gone soon, the Cardinals and Pats will bury our faces in the mud.

Lingering on his first two years doesn't alter his overall record with the Jets and the Bills (admittedly a small sample). Making the argument that his first two years as a HC redeemed his coaching that followed is a mistaken perspective when judging one's body of work.

The bottom line is that the franchise that Rex left in chaos in NY is stabilized after he departed. The franchise that Rex went to in western NY is now in quick order in a state of chaos and destabilized. For the NY franchise with Rex's firing it was addition by his subtraction. If you want to correct the problem here the same formula should be applied.