Anthony Lynn, new OC

Maybe you should wait to see what it looks like first

Ok honeslty Rex even said as much. The offense is installed. Lynn is not going to change the 1970s offense one bit. Just gonna call plays a little different.

But the mentality is set by the HC so as ling as he is here i feel for those that think they will see a modern NFL offense

This is fine. Every single OC in the league was once placed into Lynn's position - having to be an NFL OC for the very first time.

True but most get to install their offense. Correct? So how will an installed offense with a Run first coach change in 10 days

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True but most get to install their offense. Correct? So how will an installed offense with a Run first coach change in 10 days

First time OCs usually aren't stubbornly stuck in their ways like veteran OCs are. I doubt they have many strong opinions about their offense. What Lynn is likely going to do is add a few tweaks and see what works and what doesn't over the next few games. He will mold the offense to his philosophy.

First time OCs usually aren't stubbornly stuck in their ways like veteran OCs are. I doubt they have many strong opinions about their offense. What Lynn is likely going to do is add a few tweaks and see what works and what doesn't over the next few games. He will mold the offense to his philosophy.

Which is a Run first philosophy or the Ground and Pound. Sorry you guys think it will be something different

hopefully he has some screens and quick slants to at least help get those guys the ball

The things Sammy was noted for in college, the thing LeSean and Bush are very good at ?

Crazy talk right there.

Maybe start moving the pocket. There is plenty of things that can change and still be a dominant running team.

Like tell McCoy you bounce one more time and I am sitting you. Follow the blockers i tell you to.

Perhaps he is a stronger leader. Just guessing at that. But it sounds that way from Felton

Two questions. Is Anthony Lynn going to remain running backs coach in addition to his new responsibilities as OC? Secondly, what exactly is Chris Palmer's role with the team? His title is Senior Offensive Assistant. Whatever that means. When you consider that he's had both head coaching and offensive coordinator experience in the league, I'm surprised Rex didn't promote him over Anthony Lynn.

Lets hope this does not cause more conflict with the Coaching Staff and players

Plenty of succcessful offensive coaches have combined the power run with good aggressive passing attacks- Sean Payton, Kevin Gilbride, Jay Gruden and Bruce Arians spring immediately to mind. There's no way to know for sure whether Lynn is another Roman, or brings the whole enchilada to the table for consumption until we have some actual data points.

Its fun reading all the opinions, that's what we're here for, but it is an opinion, for now.

Thanks for the well posted reminder :thumbsup:

Ok honeslty Rex even said as much. The offense is installed. Lynn is not going to change the 1970s offense one bit. Just gonna call plays a little different.

But the mentality is set by the HC so as ling as he is here i feel for those that think they will see a modern NFL offense

He said " get the ball to the playmakers, become multiple "

How many plays did Roman draw up this year to Sammy ?

Just tell me Lynn thinks crowding the LOS/pocket on 3rd and inches and running up the gut is stupid and I'm all in.

spread it wide !

Which is a Run first philosophy or the Ground and Pound. Sorry you guys think it will be something different

I don think he turns it upside down in one week.

He likely already knows where to focus and has a plan in place. And its not likely the PC spewed from OBD media

Edited by 3rdand12

Plenty of succcessful offensive coaches have combined the power run with good aggressive passing attacks- Sean Payton, Kevin Gilbride, Jay Gruden and Bruce Arians spring immediately to mind. There's no way to know for sure whether Lynn is another Roman, or brings the whole enchilada to the table for consumption until we have some actual data points.

Its fun reading all the opinions, that's what we're here for, but it is an opinion, for now.

Very well said.

I have no idea what's going to happen, but yeesh, SOMETHING had to change with that O - Roman sucked, IMO. I'm fine with running over and over, but at least vary up the plays. We have playmakers - Sammy, Goodwin, Clay get them the ball in some space. I KNOW it can be done, I'm watching Redzone today...

You can either fear the worst, or hope for the best - you know were I'm at. Lynn sounds like a guy to me that is deservedly getting his shot to move up the ladder, now let's hope takes the job and runs with it / figures this s**t out!! :beer:

And at least they made the move sooner rather than later, I could not have watched that O until, say the bye, let alone the season.

I'm surprised nobody's started an A-Lynn thread so I will. G-Ro is history. I'm interested in the future and A-Lynn is the future.

Some of the players seem to have confidence in him. I don't know if anyone outside of OBD knows much about his offensive philosophy but SB Nation pretends to:

Lynn is likely committed to showing Ryan that Ryan might still be Jets coach, that Ryan might not be 8-10 now in Buffalo if hed given Lynn this shot much earlier. Lynns philosophy a run-centric offense that plays physical in style and piercing in the passing game is as Ryan-hat-hanging as it gets.

Here are some things that will happen with this Buffalo offense under Lynns direction:

• There will be an emphasis on remaining on schedule in drives. That means more offensive play calls complementing each other. More emphasis on reaching third-and-short situations.
  • There will be a patience and insistence on running the football. He will not abandon the running game just because a play or two loses a yard or only gains a yard. The pounding will be constant.
  • The offensive players will respond to him. Lynn will be clear, precise and demanding. Not only does he speak their language, but he also stirs their passion. Expect a bolder, more confident Buffalo offense.
http://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/16/12948416/rex-ryan-bills-hot-seat-fired-greg-roman-anthony-lynn-offensive-coordinator
Yeah that's great....then who's gonna fix this pile of dogshyt but we call a defense? Edited by BeefCurtns

There is nothing wrong with ground and pound to set up play action......the problem is our running game is LOSING yards

If it was not losing yards it would be more effective. If they spread things out to give McCoy more space instead of bunching it up (which is NOT his game)

Give the ball to the Fullback on 3rd and less then a yard....stop being cute

Start using Sammy

Start playing your QB to his strengths

Edited by John from Hemet

Philosophy isn't the problem with the Bills offense. It's RBs not making cuts, OL not making blocks, and the QB missing reads and missing throws. There were issues with play calling and getting calls in quickly, etc. but plenty of plays out there to be made that just weren't.

Philosophy isn't the problem with the Bills offense. It's RBs not making cuts, OL not making blocks, and the QB missing reads and missing throws. There were issues with play calling and getting calls in quickly, etc. but plenty of plays out there to be made that just weren't.

fair assessment

http://www.wgr550.com/Sources-Roman-firing-was-about-eighteen-games-not-/22880313

Less than 48 hours after the Bills made a bold - and unexpected - move to dismiss offensive coordinator Greg Roman, amid reports of secret meetings behind Rex Ryan’s back, two different sources have confirmed to me that there had been ongoing discussions regarding concerns of the offense since the tail end of last season. Additionally, I’m told Ryan and other high-ranking members of the organization, including owners Terry and Kim Pegula, had met several times over the course of the offseason to address these concerns.

Edited by Billschinatown