Anthony Lynn, new OC

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy clearly wants to score points. Too many offensive coordinators before him we're not concerned about scoring points. The NFL today is all about scoring points. What a breath of fresh air.

I was watching an interview with Cog where he said he felt the offensive line was playing well

What I want is a OC that will tell him they are NOT playing well because they might be pass protecting well but they are not run blocking with a damn lick.

Our new OC might be that guy....when you have defenders catching the handoff from the QB on running plays....you are NOT blocking well.

It does not hurt that you have RBs that try to make a play be reversing their field and end up giving up negative yardage...and it would certainly help if one cut runners like Williams and Gilsaslee were getting more carries

Here what Lynn said about his feelings regarding Ground and Pound

Ground and pound is just winning football games. It just means you’re committed to running the football. It doesn’t mean you’re going to run the ball fifty times a game. You’re just committed to running the football for four quarters. That’s how we were in Denver. We won more football games in six years than any team in NFL history. It was the ‘ground and pound’ mentality because we were committed to running the football but we would throw the football to beat you. If you want to take the run away, we’ll take that but we’re going to be committed to running it and I think when you play in the northeast, you have to be.”