Anyone catch the conspiracy theory on PTI?

Virgil

I'm surprised Chris Palmer wasn't also fired. He has no ties to Rex. Roman brought him with him from SF. He's been a head coach and offensive coordinator but let's promote the guy with no OC experience.

I was shocked at Chris Palmer's hire. His prowess destroying QBs is so horrible that I actually use his name as a verb. Getting "Chris Palmered" means to ruin a promising QB by playing him too early and with a poor supporting cast, particularly a terrible OL.

He only got the Browns job when they came back because no viable candidate wanted it. The league didn't want a repeat of the Jax and Carolina expansion when those teams made championship games in their second seasons so they dialed the expansion perks way back.

As for Roman, he's obviously a scapegoat here. Rex's defense had worse problems - including not getting plays in on time, scheme issues and lack of production - and they lasted the whole season. Then, after giving up 37 point to Fitz and the Jest, he fires the OC? Please. He felt pressure to make a move and he's leading the defense so he only had one choice. I'm sure it didn't bother him that firing that guy removed the only real option to replace him as HC.

The information you seek is here. Buck up on your self of steam.

He has a life.

Look pal. We all have lives. We also all spend countless hours on a website devoted solely to the Buffalo Bills. A sports team. If you follow sports, even remotely closely, Rachel Nichols has been nothing short of ubiquitous on ESPN over the course of the last two decades. Edited by metzelaars_lives

Can't remember the girl's name who was co-hosting, but she made a wild accusation about why Roman was fired.

Roman was the only in-house guy who wasn't a straight up "Rex" guy. If Rex were to get fired mid-season, he was basically the only guy who could replace him. Knowing that, Rex fired him first and used him as his scapegoat too.

I don't believe this for a second. I don't think Rex is that maniacal nor smart, but it just had to be repeated and I was shocked at the balls of her to say it on primetime.

I thought of this possibility too. He would've been the obvi interim coach, now there is none.

What's a scapegoat? I have hear of "escape goat" before... But this is a new one!!!

Irregardlessly, romo became the new chas riengold, git er done, pegs cheap... F5.

Dumpster fire.

The Rob & Rex S*** Show is in full force and the fans, Whaley, Brandon and the Pegulas are all aboard for the ride. The whole NFL is laughing at this team. 0-4 here we come. Neither Ryan can coach and two make it a zoo.

To all of those posters that predict everything is beautiful every spring and summer, (I put my trust in Gailey, Rex, Marone, Whaley and on and on) please quit drinking the Kool-Aid until we actually beat a good opponent in an important game and this team is relevant in December. Until that happens nothing has changed.

Why was Henderson let go for Reed who had zero coaching experience? Only because Rex wants to look like a big shot. The DBs have taken a serious step backwards.

Don't doubt it for a SECOND!

In the event of his sh#*!-canning, Rex doesn't want replacing him to be an easy task... With Tyrod having enough sucess to look like the guy going forward, Roman would have been a shoe-in for the job....

REX WAS NOT HAVING IT.

His secondary gets burned for 100 yards by 3 different Jet Receivers... His D-line get's TRAMPLED for 3 TD's by a 30 year-old RB!!!!.... A washed-up QB skirts his passrush and scorches him for 376 yards at the HOME OPENER! -It's a no-brainer... -Fire the OC to cover the fact that he's sucking at his job......

Roman was the only non Rex guy on the team. Hes not going to fire his brother or one of his croanies. Now he's fully pregnant like he wanted. Unfortunately for him he's out of people to blame so what happens when we finish the season 6-10? Do we really subject ourselves to another year of this mess?

Proof of this is Thurman still here. What has he done? He even got "replaced" by Rob but he still has a job.

Can't remember the girl's name who was co-hosting, but she made a wild accusation about why Roman was fired.

Roman was the only in-house guy who wasn't a straight up "Rex" guy. If Rex were to get fired mid-season, he was basically the only guy who could replace him. Knowing that, Rex fired him first and used him as his scapegoat too.

I don't believe this for a second. I don't think Rex is that maniacal nor smart, but it just had to be repeated and I was shocked at the balls of her to say it on primetime.

She's right. It was a bold act of self preservation. Didn't think he had it in him.

It will be all over for the Ryan brothers after this season. Way it sucks that Pegs has to eat 3 more years of his 25 million contract but I get the feeling Pegs could careless about the money. Firing Roman was a BS cowardly move. He didn't deserve that. Just shows you what a phony use car salesman Ryan really is. I don't know how they could possibly bring him back next year & sell it to the fans.

The theory does hold some water.

The assumption would be that the Pegulas were meeting with players (potentially behind Rex's back) in order to get the pulse on Roman. But another interpretation could be that they were starting to gather info on the players' observations about Rex himself. Given his salary and stature within the organization, Roman would be the logical guy to take over the remainder of the season.

I'm sure Rex is smart enough to execute that kind of move if Terry and Kim gave him the latitude to do it. It also helps him that they've invested so much money into him at this point.

They must begin to look at this season as a salvage operation, at the very best. Firing Rex would create the most turmoil, since all of the assistants on the defensive side are his guys. It's tough to tell how they would react.

Firing Roman removes a guy with clout, but also a guy who was mostly a lone wolf within the operation. You can excise him like an appendix and the long-term effects on the remainder of the body won't change.

But the Pegulas at this point have to hope they took out the right organ.

The theory does hold some water.

The assumption would be that the Pegulas were meeting with players (potentially behind Rex's back) in order to get the pulse on Roman. But another interpretation could be that they were starting to gather info on the players' observations about Rex himself. Given his salary and stature within the organization, Roman would be the logical guy to take over the remainder of the season.

I'm sure Rex is smart enough to execute that kind of move if Terry and Kim gave him the latitude to do it. It also helps him that they've invested so much money into him at this point.

They must begin to look at this season as a salvage operation, at the very best. Firing Rex would create the most turmoil, since all of the assistants on the defensive side are his guys. It's tough to tell how they would react.

Firing Roman removes a guy with clout, but also a guy who was mostly a lone wolf within the operation. You can excise him like an appendix and the long-term effects on the remainder of the body won't change.

But the Pegulas at this point have to hope they took out the right organ.

If they didn't, I'm sure plenty of bills fans will be scheduling their lobotomy's in the near future.

If they didn't, I'm sure plenty of bills fans will be scheduling their lobotomy's in the near future.

At this point, it's tough to give them a lot of grief. They were green when they hired Rex and have been advised by everyone's favorite salesman.

The fact that they are taking a personal approach to this situation gives me hope that they see the discord within Football Operations. My guess is that they'd prefer not to have to eat a bunch of money in doing a complete reset of the organization. The problem with that mindset is that the parity in the NFL can still get this team to 7-9 or maybe even 8-8. Sure, that's not the playoffs, but it's spinnable ("They had a winning record over the final 14 games ...").

I think Roman saw a lack of progress with TT in camp and knew their days were numbered. He tried to plaster over the problems by simplifying.

It might get ugly under Anthony Lynn, but hopefully this "get it into the playmakers' hands" approach will give ownership a clear path forward into 2017, and likely one which involved starting over in drafting a new QB and instituting a new leadership structure within the organization.

Edited by pocoboy