Chip Was Right About Shady

Madd Charlie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you blame the line? There's only five of them and they have held up well and afforded Taylor time. Defenses are stacking the box with 7 or 8 guys and our idiot coaches keep calling running plays. And our wonderlic wunderkind QB (15/50 for those scoring at home) is either too dumb to audible into a pass play or isn't allowed to. What do you think is going to happen when you run into a brick wall? We support the Bills so we should all be experts on this, metaphorically speaking.

:lol: Slow eyes, or slow brain?

There's nothing "wrong" with him. He's still a very good back. But:

1. He's almost certainly lost a step or two. That happens to the best of them by their late 20s after that many carries.

2. He's ill-suited to this Raiders 1971 style offense. That would require the 3 yards and a cloud of dust grinder combined with fast big-play guys.

They actually run very little out of heavy formations. It's mostly draws and treys out of shotgun formations. As a matter of fact, I'm sure that they would do much better if they would just go full Schaub/Foster/Johnson Texans and run power and play action rollouts the whole game. McCoy might not be an ideal fit for that but he could do it if it were blocked properly. Right now nothing is blocked properly, he's getting met in the backfield on almost every handoff.

Edited by SoFFacet

They actually run very little out of heavy formations. It's mostly draws and treys out of shotgun formations. As a matter of fact, I'm sure that they would do much better if they would just go full Schaub/Foster/Johnson Texans and run power and play action rollouts the whole game. McCoy might not be an ideal fit for that but he could do it if it were blocked properly. Right now nothing is blocked properly, he's getting met in the backfield on almost every handoff.

Here's my thing: you've got the incredibly mobile QB. You've got Shady. You've got talented skill players. You've got an O line that has trouble winning mano a mano. That's the perfect recipe for a Chip Kelly-style offense! Even if they didn't do it last year because they weren't sure that they were going with Tyrod until the end of preseason, that's what they should've tried to implement this year. That's what their personnel is suited for.

It would take balls that Rex does not have to play EJ. He will play once Tyrod takes that big hit that's certainly coming. every D in the league has the recipe to stop Ty and we play two very very good coaches in the next few weeks so prepare your self for some sad Sundays

Edited by Dayzofglory

I don't question shady's heart at all. Sometimes I think the problem is he tries to do too much, desperate to break a big play in an impotent offense or when nothing is there, and it costs him.

Watch what he does when he stays in to block. He sacrifices himself - he is no prima donna on the field

He needs to lose playing time to Mike G. Rex doesn't have the balls to do it though.

In the early 1990's Marv pulled the entire starting defense in the 3rd quarter (blowout loss in Miami I believe) because they were playing like crap. A message needs to be sent - you give 100% every down or you don't play.

Edited by Azucho98

He needs to lose playing time to Mike G. Rex doesn't have the balls to do it though.

In the early 1990's Marv pulled the entire starting defense in the 3rd quarter (blowout loss in Miami I believe) because they were playing like crap. A message needs to be sent - you give 100% every down or you don't play.

MG deserves some important touches, he's physical and finishes runs and finds the end zone.

MG is probably never going to be a great back but he's looked good since he got on the field in Buffalo and there is just ZERO physical element to the run game with Shady in there and that is sorely missed.

IMO two things killed Greg Roman here.......inexplicably late playcalls and the Shady McCoy acquisition.

THE WRONG guy for his offense.

You could argue effectively that he raised the game of the OL and Tyrod and even Sammy over the course of the last 18 games......so he wasn't a complete turd. I suspect he signed off on the McCoy direction so that's what he gets. Hopefully next play caller can make better use of everyone.

There should be no surprises about Shady McCoy. He is a declining running back in his 30's. The only people that bought into the McCoy hype don't understand the running back position, it's importance and the aging decline curve with running backs.

Hes like 28. Not in his 30s

I was right about Shady. That should be the title of the thread. I've been literally right about everything and have been getting crap for the past 2 years for it. Shady as a ground and pound RB? He weighs like 200 pounds and costs a small fortune. You can get a guy in the 3rd or 4th round these days that's better suited for the workhorse role. You need a nice 230 pound guy like what we are going to see next week from Arizona

McCoy is one of the best players on offense. Where is the hate for McCoy coming from?

Thurman Thomas would have the same performance with the current OLine if he was to play in his prime shape.

Shady is an exciting player to have and yesterday he turned 2 yard gains into 5 or 6. He's elusive. If there's a running back you want to get rid of, it should be Bush. He serves no purpose on this team especially after seeing that Brandon Tate can more handle being a KR/PR.

McCoy is one of the best players on offense. Where is the hate for McCoy coming from?

Thurman Thomas would have the same performance with the current OLine if he was to play in his prime shape.

Shady is an exciting player to have and yesterday he turned 2 yard gains into 5 or 6. He's elusive. If there's a running back you want to get rid of, it should be Bush. He serves no purpose on this team especially after seeing that Brandon Tate can more handle being a KR/PR.

Mainly just people who don't know what they're watching. You're correct.