Wishing the Ryan brothers the best

major

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do to

For the life of my I do not understand the hate on this board for people associated with OUR team.....we should WANT them to do well....its like they dated their sisters or something.

Agree. We get more hate from our own fans then our rivals. I never understood that.

Not wanting to start another Rex thread, not sure if this is being discussed elsewhere:

Did anyone see the segment on the Bills last night on ESPN NFL Live? It was Trey Wingo, Jeff Saturday, Damian Woody and Jerome Bettis, discussing Rex Ryan. They showed a clip from the Ryan brothers documentary...it was Rex speaking to the team, in a lecture hall at SJF, the first day of training camp...he is doing the classic Rex, swearing every other word, speaking in a lot of platitudes and talking tough.

Only Bettis defended Rex, saying "that's who he is", for better or worse. The Bills owners hired him, to be that guy, and that is what he is giving them.

Jeff Saturday, former Colt, said, essentially, "if grown men need to be motivated like that, you are not going to win anything"

The most interesting take, however, came from Woody, who played for years for Rex. He prefaced it by saying "You all know, I am a Rex guy, I love Rex...but after a while, players start to realize, everything Rex says is about "me"...it is always centered around him, and how people perceive him. It may get guys fired up some, but at the end of the day, it doesn't teach them, or re-enforce fundamentals that it takes to win football games. And, Rex hasn't really won anything, for as big as his reputation is..."

I am pulling for Rex, because he is our guy, and I will pull for him as long as he is our guy...but I must say, I have never been a big fan.

Buddy Ryan died in anticipation of what his two idiot sons were going to do to the Ryan defensive legacy. If he were alive, he'd probably punch them in the face.

!@#$ the Ryan brothers.

breh. I didnt like the Ryan hire in 2015. But that **** was madd disrespectful bro. keep it classy man. smh

We all want the Rex and Rob to do well but the reality is, this is like watching a special olympic athlete compete in the real olympics.

Unless someone rolls over and gives us a pity win, the Ryan's don't have the abilities to lead us to the Super Bowl. The only consistency in their performance is excuses, stupid comments, poor play calling, poor coaching, misuse of the clock, misuse of players, poor game planning and outdated schemes.

No one wants the Ryan Brothers to fail, but when you take into account the realities of these facts, it is easy to see why the Bills are losers and why nothing will change until they are gone. Rex went down the same road in NY, Rob in NO. Rinse and repeat

Edited by BillsRdue

I'm not easily offended but the fact that some of the posts in this thread are still here is very sad.

Yep. Some things deserve to be deleted from public forums.

And it says a lot about the maturity and character of the people posting it.

As long as Rex is coaching the Bills, I hope like hell he succeeds. And he doesn't seem like a bad guy. Don't know him personally, but I am sure he doesn't deserve to have some of these things said about him.

Edited by PolishDave

i dont think there is a single person here that would rather they fail than succeed.

i do think there are a lot of people here that want success very badly and do not think that the Ryans have a real chance of achieving it.

agree or disagree with those people, you come off as a bit of a schmuck for thinking people want them to fail more than succeed.

Winner winner chicken wing dinner!

People want Rex gone because of his results and the desire for the team to win.

Sure, for the "yeah he's a loser, but he's our loser" crowd, it doesn't compute, but success is more fun..

Also I hoped this thread was about their inevitable dismissal...🤓

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I hope Rex Ryan crashes his truck in to Tom Brady, both injured and Rob Ryan goes to give mouth and chokes on the Buffalo wing lodged in Rex's throat making him able to sing in high tenor where he joins the Italian opera. Rex gets up to save Brady then both move to Singapore to get married and never go near a football

This is fun and you can be creative.

I for one am willing to give Rex/Rob the entire year to show what they can do. Had the Bills won one of their first two games people on this board wouldn't be so negative.

They're definitely in a tough spot now having to face Arizona (top 3 team in the league) and then the Pats (top 3 team).

I remain positive because the schedule gets easier after Week #4 and the Bills will eventually get some important players back. Guys like Dareus, S. Henderson, Sh. Lawson, and M. Easley.

I also like the idea that Rex decided to go in a different direction by letting A. Lynn call the plays on offense. Roman was too conservative and too complicated at the same time.

Lynn will play at a faster pace, call plays with more time on the play clock to allow Tyrod to audible when necessary (could be a big diff.-maker - the better QBs do this), and will use different player groupings to try to create mismatches (for instance 4-5 WR sets when opposing defenses are not ver deep at CB).

I think the Bills miss RB K. Williams. They need a big back for short yardage and goal line situations.

Keep an eye on WR G. Salas. He's a lot better player than you think and could be a key guy towards converting more on third down.