Is Russ Brandon to Blame?

Dorkington

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet his career trajectory is very impressive. Wonder why that is?

Man, only this place...

Most fan bases will go after the players, coaches, GM and even the owner. But Bills fans? The Marketing Man Must Go!!!!!!!

:lol:

Russ Brandon 1 of 3 men in the room conducting our head coaching search.

Russ Brandon a man who has the ear and trust of the owner (also 1 of the 3 men in the interview room) that hired Rex Ryan.

Rex Ryan a coach that fundamentally believes in running the ball way too often and punting on 4th and short in the 4th quarter way too often.

So look, if you want to believe that Russ Brandon is simply a ticket salesmen and that he doesn't have a big say in who our head coach is, you're a lot more gullible than most informed Bills fans.

Also, if the Bills want to start playing smart football and playing the the correct %'s, I'm available for hire. I have a laptop. I follow the 4thdownbot on twitter. I have access to the win % websites, that show when you punt on 4th and 1 from the 50 yard line down 3 in the 4th quarter, your % chance of winning the game goes down. I have capabilities that can help this $1.4 billion franchise win games on the football field. Data and capabilities that this entire organizations seems willing to ignore. Enough already with this incompetence.

Edited by Estro

Russ Brandon 1 of 3 men in the room conducting our head coaching search.

Russ Brandon a man who has the ear and trust of the owner (also 1 of the 3 men in the interview room) that hired Rex Ryan.

Rex Ryan a coach that fundamentally believes in running the ball way too often and punting on 4th and short in the 4th quarter way too often.

So look, if you want to believe that Russ Brandon is simply a ticket salesmen and that he doesn't have a big say in who our head coach is, you're a lot more gullible than most informed Bills fans.

Also, if the Bills want to start playing smart football and playing the the correct %'s, I'm available for hire. I have a laptop. I follow the 4thdownbot on twitter. I have access to the win % websites, that show when you punt on 4th and 1 from the 50 yard line down 3 in the 4th quarter, your % chance of winning the game goes down. I have capabilities that can help this $1.4 billion franchise win games on the football field. Data and capabilities that this entire organizations seems willing to ignore. Enough already with this incompetence.

What in the world are you talking about?

Do you not know that Russ Brandon and the Bills are building a robust analytics department?

What in the world are you talking about?

Do you not know that Russ Brandon and the Bills are building a robust analytics department?

I could do more for that analytics department by standing next to Rex Ryan on game days with my laptop and following the live analytical websites that tell you what you should do on 4th down......than the Bills have been able to do "building up their robust analytics department" over the last 3 years. But i get your point, I'm just as much a cynic as this team as most who have had to live through this sheer incompetence.

We've changed all the important bits of this team, owner, GMs, coaches, QBs, and still the same results... the only constant has been, since the late 90s, Russ Brandon has been in various positions in the front office. Is he to blame?

Yes he is. He expanded the Bills fan base and brought in some bad moju. Eliminate those fans and Bills will return to glory. :wallbash:

I could do more for that analytics department by standing next to Rex Ryan on game days with my laptop and following the live analytical websites that tell you what you should do on 4th down......than the Bills have been able to do "building up their robust analytics department" over the last 3 years. But i get your point, I'm just as much a cynic as this team as most who have had to live through this sheer incompetence.

I'm just goofing with you.

This is one of my pet peeves. A few years ago Russ said, at a press conference, that we were building a "robust" analytics department and the entire thing just wreaked of Russ' marketing bull ****.

I bring this up from time to time.

Is there any truth to this? Did he expand the fan base, or did he just say that he did?

I don't see how....When I used to go to the games there was usually close to 80,000 fans in the stands. No way they could get that number consistently again

Thanks, May Day 10, as that was actually pretty funny.

All I gotta say is I haven't been advocating firing anyone and anytime I even mention that Brandon has had some degree of influence in his position of power I get a slew of Bills fans here claiming otherwise.

I spent years reading this forum without posting. About 4 years ago, I started to actively post. About a year ago, I couldn't take it anymore, as an avid fan, my frustrations with this team hit a breaking point and I signed off this site and have had the discipline to read it once a month or less and I've only posted a handful of times over that same time period.

The subject of Russ Brandon strikes a live and raw nerve with me, as some of you (bandit), might recall from my previous posts.

I don't think there's much value in litigating the role Russ plays on the Bills and/or Sabres, however, I do believe his role on the Sabres is different from his role on the Bills and that is completely logical and not at all inconsistent with how multiple unit organizations/businesses are run under the same CEO/owner.

I offer this perspective. If nothing else, Russ, at a minimum, has served as a key adviser to the ultimate decision maker for the Bills over the past 15 years. At times that role has morphed into being the decision maker and at times it has strayed further away into a secondary adviser. In any case, his advise has produced the product that we see on the field in some form or another.

That is enough evidence in my opinion to ask, or even beg for the Pegulas to look elsewhere to get advise in the future and remove Brandon from the organization completely.

This isn't a with hunt, this is a desire to get fresh ideas into an organization that has spent too long reliying on this person to help guide a team that has performed worse than any other sports franchise during that same time period.

Thanks, May Day 10, as that was actually pretty funny.

All I gotta say is I haven't been advocating firing anyone and anytime I even mention that Brandon has had some degree of influence in his position of power I get a slew of Bills fans here claiming otherwise.

When you support the assertion with a quote from the owner saying that after the GM asked his questions and "we all" knew Rex was the guy, so Russ said "don't let him leave", and that's the definitive word that he has too much influence, what do you expect?

Telling your boss to hire a guy he wants to hire isn't having influence. At best, it's wanting the appearance of influence.

I've said from the beginning that this entire conversation is wrought from the misplaced desire to point the finger at one person for the last 16 years of failure.

In reality, the reason is much simpler: no QB.

You want to know who to blame? Here's a list:

John Butler

Tom Donahoe

Marv Levy

Tom Modrak

Buddy Nix

And--if you don't believe that Tyrod is the guy (which how could you at this time?)--Doug Whaley.

When you support the assertion with a quote from the owner saying that after the GM asked his questions and "we all" knew Rex was the guy, so Russ said "don't let him leave", and that's the definitive word that he has too much influence, what do you expect?

Telling your boss to hire a guy he wants to hire isn't having influence. At best, it's wanting the appearance of influence.

I've said from the beginning that this entire conversation is wrought from the misplaced desire to point the finger at one person for the last 16 years of failure.

In reality, the reason is much simpler: no QB.

You want to know who to blame? Here's a list:

John Butler

Tom Donahoe

Marv Levy

Tom Modrak

Buddy Nix

And--if you don't believe that Tyrod is the guy (which how could you at this time?)--Doug Whaley.

Good take here, Bandit.

When your boss says he wants to hire the guy, you have to tell him "don't let him leave the room" when you suspect there's a very good chance that if he does, there will be a competing offer from another team.

But hey, if it's intellectually easier for people to blame Brandon instead of doing the homework, then so be it.

GO BILLS!!!

Good take here, Bandit.

When your boss says he wants to hire the guy, you have to tell him "don't let him leave the room" when you suspect there's a very good chance that if he does, there will be a competing offer from another team.

But hey, if it's intellectually easier for people to blame Brandon instead of doing the homework, then so be it.

GO BILLS!!!

I wondered when you'd chime in...please feel free to elaborate if you know better than I on this one