Week 2 predictions: Jets at Bills on TNF

YoloinOhio

The Jets are going to try to do the same thing defensively against Buffalo that Baltimore did - except this time it isn't going to work.

Tyrod is going to have a much better game, especially in the intermediate passing range. Fans will be saying – “Where was this last week?”

The Bills won't be able to run the ball well in the first quarter, but it will open up as the game progresses.

My main concern is still whether or not the Bills defense will be able to stop the run. I think the Jets will have a much better day running the ball than Baltimore did.

But their passing game led by Fitz will let them down. Statistically, Fitzpatrick will have a terrible game. His lack of productivity will be the excuse Jets’ fans give for why the Jets lose this one.

Bills over Jets 20-16

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jets are going to try to do the same thing defensively against Buffalo that Baltimore did - except this time it isn't going to work.
Tyrod is going to have a much better game, especially in the intermediate passing range. Fans will be saying – “Where was this last week?”
The Bills won't be able to run the ball well in the first quarter, but it will open up as the game progresses.
My main concern is still whether or not the Bills defense will be able to stop the run. I think the Jets will have a much better day running the ball than Baltimore did.
But their passing game led by Fitz will let them down. Statistically, Fitzpatrick will have a terrible game. His lack of productivity will be the excuse Jets’ fans give for why the Jets lose this one.
Bills over Jets 20-16

I can see that happening.

I will believe Bowles is a better coach when he manages to beat Rex, which he could not do last year. Or perhaps when he gets his team ready to play in a final game in which the playoffs were on the line.

Bowles was 0-2 vs Rex last year. How is he better ?

All of this. So many Bowles and Fitz fanboys here.

Both true points, but he did coach his team to 10 wins. I feel that's closer to being a playoff level team than 8 - 8.

Bills are at home, but missing Glenn and Dareus and with Watkins less than 100% you've probably got to take the Jets. Plus they are due to beat Rex after losing those two close ones last season.

It'll be ugly though. These Thursday night games always are. Jets 19 Bills 13.

I know I am. 100 on the Jets.

Glad to have you on the team fan :doh: base

jets dropped 150 yards rushing on a good cincy defense. that concerns me the most.

I do not worry about the Jets rushing game , or any team for that matters against the Bills.

I do worry about some size mismatches in the pass game. Knowing See More might be dressed makes me feel better about Decker in the Slot. No was way Robey covers him.

Only real concern is TT. The rest will work itself out.

21 17 Bills

Prior to the season, I had us losing vs. Baltimore and winning at home vs. the Jets, and I felt pretty confident about it.

After seeing our O-line struggle so much last week, I'm now concerned a bit with this matchup w/o Glenn. Add to that all the questions with Watkins too.

Divisional games can be tough to call b/c the players/coaches know e/o so well. Look how bad the Hawks struggle vs. the Rams last few years. Despite all of our question marks, there is no denying we have owned the Jets the last few years, winning the last 5 I believe. There is also no denying that for whatever reason, Fitz struggles vs. Rex.

Short week helps the offense move on from the clunker. The offense is better than that and the O-line, Tyrod, and Roman will all be motivated to show that last week was just an anomaly.

If Sammy plays: Jets 16 Bills 24

Edited by bobobonators

17-9 Jets. This OL will not hold up against the Jets front, which is light years better than a good Ravens front. Tyrod was brutal even when he had time. Despite an improved Bills' D, the offense is going to be the season killer. None of it bodes well.

17-9 Jets. This OL will not hold up against the Jets front, which is light years better than a good Ravens front. Tyrod was brutal even when he had time. Despite an improved Bills' D, the offense is going to be the season killer. None of it bodes well.

They are going to have to use tyrods legs and have him get quick passes out to beat this jets team. like brady 2 years ago on us

Greenberg on Mike & Mike is such a Jets homer, but he says the NYJ defensive line dominated a good Cincinnati O-Line like he has never seen before. Thinks the JETS D-Line is best in the NFL. The only reason Cinci won was by getting several huge explosive plays by AJ Green.

That being said, I don't know who the Bills are getting any explosive plays from? It would have to be from Tyrod, McCoy or Watkins but that trio showed no ability to do anything in game #1.

Being on the road will neutralize the Jets line a bit in my opinion. The Bills aren't horrible....but unless something crazy happens like last years Thursday nighter (a Buf Special teams or defensive TD) I see the Jets getting some revenge here and the Bills losing 27-13.