In honor of the highly missed 10 Things from Bill in NYC..

Chandler#81

Down 13-7 with 4 minutes and change left in the game - First two plays are a bad drop by your Number one WR, and a 5 yard delay of game penalty. This leads to a quick three and out... Pathetic execution at a critical time in the game. Will this garbage ever end?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills tackled as well as the Ravens, I think they win the game. On several plays the Ravens brought down the ball carrier with just one guy hitting him. There were some decent plays with blocking in the front of the carrier that gained nothing.

On the other hand it seems the Bills needed several of them to bring down the Raven ball carriers. Many times the Raven carrier picked up 5 to 7 yards after first contact. I realize it depends on the position of the tackler, but just seemed to happen all to often.

Not that it would have affected the game, but I thought Duke Williams should have brought down the receiver on the touchdown pass. How close does the guy behind have to be in order to bring down the guy in front of him? He certainly seemed close enough to me/

The camera coverage sure left something to be desired. Where was the end line camera on the touchdown that wasn't, that was appealed? And on the roughing the passer?

If the Bills tackled as well as the Ravens, I think they win the game. On several plays the Ravens brought down the ball carrier with just one guy hitting him. There were some decent plays with blocking in the front of the carrier that gained nothing.

On the other hand it seems the Bills needed several of them to bring down the Raven ball carriers. Many times the Raven carrier picked up 5 to 7 yards after first contact. I realize it depends on the position of the tackler, but just seemed to happen all to often.

Not that it would have affected the game, but I thought Duke Williams should have brought down the receiver on the touchdown pass. How close does the guy behind have to be in order to bring down the guy in front of him? He certainly seemed close enough to me/

The camera coverage sure left something to be desired. Where was the end line camera on the touchdown that wasn't, that was appealed? And on the roughing the passer?

Never showed that, did they?

Never showed that, did they?

No , they didn't but they ended up punting anyway on that drive , didn't they? Tackling is important , sure but you still have to score points . The Bills lost this game on their own, not because of officiating or even anything the defense did. The Offense was AWOL.

I need a vinegar rinse after that one.

And yet another night of soaking my liver in Manhattan's after watching crap. Some things never change, I suppose.

What year is it anyway...2012, 2014, or 2008? Could have been watching any opening day game...same results. Dumb penalties, offense that plays not to win, defense that always gives up just enough yards and a couple of stupid special teams blunders.

Terrah wants us to believe that this is a new team....ummmm, no it's not.

No, it is not.

And yet another night of soaking my liver in Manhattan's after watching crap. Some things never change, I suppose.

What year is it anyway...2012, 2014, or 2008? Could have been watching any opening day game...same results. Dumb penalties, offense that plays not to win, defense that always gives up just enough yards and a couple of stupid special teams blunders.

Terrah wants us to believe that this is a new team....ummmm, no it's not.

No, it is not.

Didn't you get the memo? It's only a one year drought. :lol:

^ Even clouding each season with booze, one still can't forget watching this team do the same thing year after year, but with different players and coaching. It really is mind blowing to believe that we have played like this for 16 years and running....just totally mind blowing.

No , they didn't but they ended up punting anyway on that drive , didn't they? Tackling is important , sure but you still have to score points . The Bills lost this game on their own, not because of officiating or even anything the defense did. The Offense was AWOL.

I never said anything about officiating. I just wanted to see the plays, as they normally do. They just didn't show them in those cases.

If tackling continues the way it was today. They are likely to have troubles on defense.

I thought he said that last year, but could be wrong.

Wherever you are, Bill, we're still thankful for all the years you did this!

I know he took a few weeks off due to a health problem, but I thought he was back by the end of the season?

Down 13-7 with 4 minutes and change left in the game - First two plays are a bad drop by your Number one WR, and a 5 yard delay of game penalty. This leads to a quick three and out... Pathetic execution at a critical time in the game. Will this garbage ever end?

i was at game, but on opposite side of field and have not watched replay yet.. but.it sure as chit looked like that pass hit him right in the hands..

this dude has now dropped/tipped some big time catches in the 4th quarter that are really starting to get me worried. I know we dont throw to him enough...but he gots to make da catch there

i was at game, but on opposite side of field and have not watched replay yet.. but.it sure as chit looked like that pass hit him right in the hands..

this dude has now dropped/tipped some big time catches in the 4th quarter that are really starting to get me worried. I know we dont throw to him enough...but he gots to make da catch there

Watch the replay. It was a good play by Smith, he knocked the ball away from Sammy as he was trying to tuck it away. I definitely wouldn't call that a drop.

Some quick thoughts:

Richie played one of his worst games as a Bill.

Cyrus was just ok. The Jets will spread him out more on Thursday - they'll use stunts to isolate him and make him move sideways. I'm nervous about it. Too bad Seantrel has chosen pot over a football career.

Speaking of stunts - I liked the stunts the Bills were using on defense. Looked much more like a Rex Ryan defense yesterday. Pressures were well-disguised and Flacco was uncomfortable. Rex's D is more about causing incompletions than getting sacks. That was on display yesterday.

Robert Woods has no control over his feet. He may have the worst feet of any NFL wide receiver.

Greg Roman does not know how to use slot receivers.

Greg Roman takes forever to call plays. It has been his reputation since his San Fran days and it's not going to change. It reminds me of certain co-workers of mine - good at what they do, but too much on their own clock to ever take their careers to the next level.

Numerous times, Tyrod didn't audible despite obvious run blitzes to the direction of the running play. This is a Big 10 offense, not an NFL offense.

I'll say it: I missed 2015 Karlos Williams yesterday. The offense needed someone yesterday to hit the hole with power and get upfield. Instead the RBs danced.

As a final thought, in my estimation Doug Whaley's strategic vision for building a football team has failed. Watching the Bills yesterday while also watching the Raiders, Jaguars, Texans and other up and coming teams was both telling and depressing. This team is not constructed properly for so many reasons, I can't get into all of them right now but will do so as the season progresses. It's so incredibly frustrating. I hope the Pegulas see what I see. We as fans deserve better.

Edited by Coach Tuesday