Expectations?

OldTimer1960

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I try to be an optimist, but my expectations are pretty low for this season. I hope that Rex and his defense pleasantly surprise me and that Tyrod Taylor shows that he is a legitimate good starting QB!

I have been right and wrong about qbs. I am not trying to come off as an expert.

That said, I have lots of faith in Tyrod. I expect him to easily be a top 15 qb by the end of the season. He might already be and I do not think top 10 is out of reach.

I think many underestimate his ability to run. He runs as well as any qb in football imo. The kid can also throw, and he is smart.

I am not at all worried about TT. :)

Edited by Bill from NYC

I have been right and wrong about qbs. I am not trying to come off as an expert.That said, I have lots of faith in Tyrod. I expect him to easily be a top 15 qb by the end of the season. He might already be and I do not think top 10 is out of reach.I think many underestimate his ability to run. He runs as well as any qb in football imo. The kid can also throw, and he is smart.I am not at all worried about TT. :)

I am not quite as confident, but I feel far better about Tyrod Taylor than I have about any QB that we've had in a long time.

I expect the offense to do its part, and average 27 ppg (+/- 1). It's on the D to improve. A good indicator for making the playoffs is a differential close to 7 ppg, which requires the D to hit around 20, an improvement of 3-4 ppg over last season. In my view, it's all on the Ryans.

With this being year number two under Greg Roman, plus Tyrod having a full offseason of reps as starter vice splitting as he had to with Cassel and Manuel a year ago, I expect the offense to do better.

Also, with Rex running his defensive scheme, bringing in his brother and Ed Reed to teach the defense, as well as letting go of players that didn't want to play for Rex [Mariocre], I think the defense will be improved from its 19th ranking last season. I see Zach Brown being an upgrade over Nigel Benjamin and Lorenzo Alexander appears to be an upgrade over Manny Lawson.

Big key to the season is staying healthy. If key players stay healthy, then the Bills have a legitimate chance at a Wild Card spot. If injuries start piling up again, then expect the same as last season, an 8-8 or 9-7 finish, missing the playoffs.

With Rex driving this bus, I am expecting a crash and burn to 5-6 wins. I really hope I am wrong, but this franchise is a bad joke that wears on me the older I get. After 40+ years of being a die hard, this may be the year that I do not see every game.

Any excitement I have today is based on celebrating with friends from Buffalo.

For some strange reason, I'm zoned-in on Adolphus Washington... I'm hoping he shows us something.

good choice to key on.

My expectations are only that this team will be very fun to watch as long as TT is the QB, and that makes me happy right now.

Good enough to keep us interested