Expectations?

OldTimer1960

The expectations are that the Bills will have a winning organization and team. For so many years we've not had both, which is what it takes to be continually successful. We have a lot of talented players and, I believe, a good GM. But Ryan has not been a winner in 5 years. His teams, including this one, have little in the way of a game plan, ability to take advantage of strengths (such as last years defense, which was the mirror or the previous seasons exceptional one), and no discipline (don't continually shake your head Rex over the penalties; do something). Most teams, based on that record, would not hire him (no matter how tough, impressive, and being a "players coach" he appears to be during the interview). Pegula has fired Sabres coaches with more success. Hopefully, he'll figure out sooner rather than later that Ryan is incapable of winning. A lot of posters on this board defend him. But compare him to the likes of truly successful coaches, such as Belichek, who've not always had sterling personnel but still know what it takes to win. Personally, I'm totally tired of having expectations, hearing about our improvement, and being totally disillusioned. We should have won today!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The expectations are that the Bills will have a winning organization and team. For so many years we've not had both, which is what it takes to be continually successful. We have a lot of talented players and, I believe, a good GM. But Ryan has not been a winner in 5 years. His teams, including this one, have little in the way of a game plan, ability to take advantage of strengths (such as last years defense, which was the mirror or the previous seasons exceptional one), and no discipline (don't continually shake your head Rex over the penalties; do something). Most teams, based on that record, would not hire him (no matter how tough, impressive, and being a "players coach" he appears to be during the interview). Pegula has fired Sabres coaches with more success. Hopefully, he'll figure out sooner rather than later that Ryan is incapable of winning. A lot of posters on this board defend him. But compare him to the likes of truly successful coaches, such as Belichek, who've not always had sterling personnel but still know what it takes to win. Personally, I'm totally tired of having expectations, hearing about our improvement, and being totally disillusioned. We should have won today!

GM and coaching staff not on the same page. Not a Schopp fan at all, but he was right on the post-game show. Whaley paid a king's ransom for Sammy and Clay, yet Roman/Ryan/TT either use them poorly or like today, not at all. We continue to carry two kickers, neither of whom can kick worth a damn, and our top paid player is out 4 games for smoking weed. I could go on, but we are a tire fire.

Well Tyrod most assuredly did not deliver in any way. Gonna be a loong season that hopefully ends with us getting a real NFL QB in the next draft.

Amen...

It may have just been week #1...But today this team looked like a legit contender for #1 overall... B-)

Looking at the schedule I say...

Likely losses...seattle, a game with new england, and cincinati

Close games that can be won...baltimore, pittsburgh, arizona, oakland

I still think they can go 10-6.

4-2 division, 3-1 against nfc, 3-3 against afc

Meth is bad.

Looking at the schedule I say...

Likely losses...seattle, a game with new england, and cincinati

Close games that can be won...baltimore, pittsburgh, arizona, oakland

I still think they can go 10-6.

4-2 division, 3-1 against nfc, 3-3 against afc

4-12

1-5 division, 1-3 against nfc, 2-4 against afc.

Let's see who is closer..

I said during preseason that we would go 3-1 & I'm standing by it. Here comes 3 victories!

HA! we have a real chance of going 0 - 4, Jets, Cardinals, Pats. our only real chance is the Jets, maybe.

4-12 would definitely get the Ryans fired.

looking at our schedule could be a real possibility

http://www.buffalobills.com/schedules/game-schedule.html