lol @ WGR

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair (and I'd be fine with close to 50/50 hockey / football coverage) does anyone want to hear these guys speculate about Eichel for hours before we actually know anything? Sounds like torture.

Can't tell if you are serious or if this a joke. I recall hearing them talk on and on about Sammy when they didn't know if he was going to play or not. Granted they knew he was injured but were basically just making guesses.

Was happy to hear that that Ruben Brown is going to have a Sunday evening (or late night show, not sure what time) Bills show during the football season...it won't be the post game show, but after all that. Heard Murphy talking about it the other day...didn't say what time, just a "late Sunday Bills show"...I am thinking, after the prime-time game is over?

I know we are all Bills fans here, but I think there is a segment that really don't realize that the Sabres are a pretty big deal to Buffalo too...they aren't nationally prominent, but every bit as important to the local identity as the Bills. I really have no problem with them talking hockey, even during football season! Living in football crazed Texas, it is kind of refreshing to hear some puck talk now and again. I personally think a 2-3 hour a day show, devoted to either team, during the off-season, is kind of over-kill. There is only so much to say about the same thing, over and over and over again...

It's too bad he isn't doing the post game show. I don't even listen anymore. Just to tired of Schopp and bulldog rhetoric. It would be nice to have some informative input for a change.

Can't tell if you are serious or if this a joke. I recall hearing them talk on and on about Sammy when they didn't know if he was going to play or not. Granted they knew he was injured but were basically just making guesses.

When there's a football injury on a football show, that's what they're going to talk about. But I don't think they need to interrupt the football show to speculate on a hockey injury. This is going to get covered all afternoon on the 3-7 slot, and probably all morning tomorrow on Howard Simon, which is fine.

On the day Jack Eichel might be lost for the season, we get the John Murphy Show.

That's Correct my friend ...... Football is KING Locally and Nationally ..... hockey is something I want to hear about when football is no more. I love going to the game ( have 4 season tix ) I need something to do in the winter months . they play too many games. Sabres should check back when they get close to playoffs.

On the same day we hear the good news that Sammy does not need surgery and should be back this year, we are blindsided with Jack Eichel getting hurt a day before the first game of the year and 8 to 10 minutes from the end of practice.

Wow. Just wow.

When there's a football injury on a football show, that's what they're going to talk about. But I don't think they need to interrupt the football show to speculate on a hockey injury. This is going to get covered all afternoon on the 3-7 slot, and probably all morning tomorrow on Howard Simon, which is fine.

someone may want to check on Jeremy White. Not sure he will make it to tomorrow's show.

I get that,but the premise of this thread was complaining they were talking hockey on the hockey show when it was the opening day of the season. Not even bills related. Edited by The Wiz

on the day of the start of the NFL season, we get Sabres hockey hotline.

*sigh*

Sometimes it is good to live far away from the big city...

...then the local sports radio station starts covering HS soccer.

I'd take Sabre's hockey over live HS soccer anyday.