All the Cuts in one place...

DrDawkinstein

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody hinted at this last week but I didn't believe it.

Usually a team goes heavy at a position because they have talent there they can't bear to lose. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

Is Rex cooking up some kind of 3-safety defense that he plans to field a lot? If they're worried about AW's fragility, would it have been better to cut him?

I guess next to cutting Manny, keeping 6 safeties is the biggest surprise for me.

Man I'd love to be a fly on the wall when DW, Rex, etc. sit down to discuss these decisions.

My guess is they very much want Aaron Williams to have a chance to come back....but are covering themselves if something happens.....

And if something DOES happen....fans will be be happy that the bills played it safe

I think O'Leary adds something the Bills don't currently have - a bigger receiver to maybe give them some semblance of a passing game over the middle. I can't say I've seen enough of him to rate his blocking skills, but reports aren't very promising on that front. Still, when Gragg went down I think it was O'Leary's job to lose, and to his credit he not only didn't lose it, he actually went out and grabbed it yesterday.

Maybe Rex is hoping Jack Nicklaus will come see his grandson play and have him on the sideline.

TE Blake Annen

OLB Kroy Biermann

WR Jarrett Boykin

CB Mario Butler

WR Kain Colter

DT Brandon Deaderick

DL Lavar Edwards

FB Jerome Felton

RB Boom Herron

LB Randell Johnson

OLB Manny Lawson

WR Dez Lewis

OL Marquis Lucas

OT Chris Martin

CB Sterling Moore

G Cyril Richardson

CB Sammy Seamster

OLB Max Valles

C Fernando Velasco

DT Casey Walker

RB James Wilder Jr.

Some surprises, some not so surprising.

Discuss...

Beerball went to bed last night a happy man. :lol:

A lot has been made of the team keeping 6 safeties and only 5 corners in the press. However, I'm surprised that nobody (including Rex as far as I've seen) has mentioned this point. Corey Graham and Aaron Williams can and have played corner. Remember that we actually drafted Aaron as a corner coming out of Texas and he was later converted to a safety. So, if we did get in a bind in a game due to an injury to a corner or two, one of those two guys could play corner in a pinch. I would think the team took that into consideration here, but I haven't heard it reported -

A lot has been made of the team keeping 6 safeties and only 5 corners in the press. However, I'm surprised that nobody (including Rex as far as I've seen) has mentioned this point. Corey Graham and Aaron Williams can and have played corner. Remember that we actually drafted Aaron as a corner coming out of Texas and he was later converted to a safety. So, if we did get in a bind in a game due to an injury to a corner or two, one of those two guys could play corner in a pinch. I would think the team took that into consideration here, but I haven't heard it reported -

Please god no. All true statements but I still have nightmares about AW as well as DrayFlo playing CB.

I still have hopes for O Leary...........he did look good Thursday night catching all those passes from Cardale.....who, for some reason, really likes OLeary as a receiver. No drops........OLeary was a go to guy at FSU, he has been there before as a receiver. But, he has to do the blocking to be an effective TE in the league. Anyhow, without Gragg (also mostly a receiver type TE), OLeary was the best choice for now. Who know, OLeary may yet surprise us...sometimes it takes a while for new men to get up to speed in the league.

Please god no. All true statements but I still have nightmares about AW as well as DrayFlo playing CB.

Ha - I do too! I just mean they could jump into a CB role in a game and "hold the fort" for a quarter or two if they got into a jam with in-game injuries. Definitely not suggesting its a good long term solution if CB injuries occur. We'd have to pick up somebody if that happens -

@mikerodak

Bills did not outright waive Randell Johnson, Blake Annen, James Wilder or Marquis Lucas -- all were placed on injured reserve.

Correct!

The players they still have, but are on season ending Injured Reserve are:

Blake Annen

Jonathan Dowling

IK Enemkpali

Chris Gragg

Randell Johnson

Marquis LUcas

Reggie Ragland

James Wilder Jr.

Thought I heard they'll do an injury settlement with IK. The rest should be available for TC next year.

They have two players on "Reserve/PUP"

Marcus Easley and Shaq Lawson

One of those two will be activated after week 6 - if they're healthy enough.

edit: They still have Easley as 3rd string 2nd WR. Not sure how that comports to the six weeks NFL rule. Maybe he's exempt because he's named to the final 53 roster. :unsure:

Edited by Nanker