DrDawkinstein

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised by Lawson, Lewis, Richardson, Boykin

The rest all make sense

Lawson, Boykin and Felton for me.

Not that I'm complaining about Felton because I wanted him gone last year for that matter, but they seemed so in love with him. Like they are with Powell now. He never seems to do jack but Rex loves him. Meanwhile, Boykin was one of the best cover guys they had on special teams but got no love.

Manny is better than McCray and Albright and can play ILB too so this is just a $ move. I think they decided that they're paying him too much not to start. We'll see how they use the cash though...

Edited by vincec

Yes , I am sure the coaching staff is not taking your cavalier attitude toward winning this year, so they keep the players who are ready to play.

You do understand that this kind of thinking - keep the player who's a bit better now, but with less upside - repeated over the course of several years is a main contributor to never moving beyond mediocrity?

Lawson, Boykin and Felton for me.

Not that I'm complaining about Felton because I wanted him gone last year for that matter, but they seemed so in love with him. Like they are with Powell now. He never seems to do jack but Rex loves him. Meanwhile, Boykin was one of the best cover guys they had on special teams but got no love.

Manny is better than McCray and Albright and can play ILB too so this is just a $ move. I think they decided that they're paying him too much not to start. We'll see how they use the cash though...

So you think Whaley was just trying to save the Pegula's some money?

So, who gets cut to make room for Dareus and Shaq?

Take your pick regarding Shaq. I think they can dump anyone besides Hughes, but my money is on McCray. It's going to be tougher for Dareus. Walker is the obvious candidate but he has played great, IMO. I'd probably dump Douzable right now.

A lot of guys are a surprise to see make the 53. J. Lattimore, Albright, Humber, J. Meeks. C. Anderson, R. Groy (probably the worst on our 53), N. Oleary, Gronkowski. Don't think those 8 guys would make the roster of too many other teams in the league.

I don't get Colt Anderson AT ALL. He's the 6th safety and hasn't really shown anything that I've seen. Why?

Edited by vincec

A hedge in case Aaron Williams has any health issues moving forward?

My bet, unfortunately

A lot of guys are a surprise to see make the 53. J. Lattimore, Albright, Humber, J. Meeks. C. Anderson, R. Groy (probably the worst on our 53), N. Oleary, Gronkowski. Don't think those 8 guys would make the roster of too many other teams in the league.

I don't expect Groy to have a strong hold onto his position.

Meeks i can see

lattimore barely. Humber? rex is having a moment perhaps..

Albright will probably just get better, slowly, but better.

Anderson is a teams fav. Even i noticed him

Douzable and Albright

Hmm.. we shall see twentysix. 4 weeks . plenty of things can change

TE Blake Annen

OLB Kroy Biermann

WR Jarrett Boykin

CB Mario Butler

WR Kain Colter

DT Brandon Deaderick

DL Lavar Edwards

FB Jerome Felton

RB Boom Herron

LB Randell Johnson

OLB Manny Lawson

WR Dez Lewis

OL Marquis Lucas

OT Chris Martin

CB Sterling Moore

G Cyril Richardson

CB Sammy Seamster

OLB Max Valles

C Fernando Velasco

DT Casey Walker

RB James Wilder Jr.

Some surprises, some not so surprising.

Discuss...

surprised by Annen and Walker.

Thought Walker would fill that true NT position and wonder if Annen's neck has them worried, hope he makes the practice squad.

is this the final cut?

surprised by Annen and Walker.

Thought Walker would fill that true NT position and wonder if Annen's neck has them worried, hope he makes the practice squad.

is this the final cut?

I missed Walker. I had assumed that he had made the team. I thought he had a very strong preseason and there was a definite need without Dareus. It's another head scratcher for sure.

Edited by vincec

Also, I can't believe that they kept 6 safeties. wtf? I guess A Williams and Graham can play CB in a pinch but that's a lot of safeties.

Somebody hinted at this last week but I didn't believe it.

Usually a team goes heavy at a position because they have talent there they can't bear to lose. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

Is Rex cooking up some kind of 3-safety defense that he plans to field a lot? If they're worried about AW's fragility, would it have been better to cut him?

I guess next to cutting Manny, keeping 6 safeties is the biggest surprise for me.

Man I'd love to be a fly on the wall when DW, Rex, etc. sit down to discuss these decisions.

Edited by hondo in seattle