Is Quinton Coples about to become a Bill?

We'll have to see how much money we have left, but you make good points. If we have to cut people to make either deal, who are we cutting? I think that is the real question and does that deal improve or just swap players.

Kruger is a bit older so if I had to prioritize for depth, I'd go with Coples. We'll see. Get ready as today and Friday will see a to of guys lose their job and will any of these guys be worth it. I like your point that both of the above players can easily step into Rex's system.

If look at the numbers Kruger's has had better big seasons than Coples yet Coples has been more consistent. That said I think either one of these guys would be a nice add over Albright or Biermann. I know Albright has been talked about a lot but he didn't do much on the field and think he needs to gain 20 lbs to be a more effective LB so think he's more of a PS type guy.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rams coach Jeff Fisher said he "wanted to give him a chance and give him an opportunity to get out there early to see if he could find work. If not, we're going to keep the door open for him."

"I really appreciated everything that he did," Fisher said of Coples. "Going from end to tackle, if you've never been in there, is quite a change. He worked really hard at it.

Well, the Rams are loaded in the D line.....so a castoff there might still have talent. I am a little tired of looking for Jets retreads though.........Rex D is like a Swiss watch, and hard to learn apparently. In the end, though, the reason not to sign him....as indicated above, is the lack of fire in the belly.......its lots easier to tone a player down (see J Hughes)...than it is to jack them up.

(Jets fan here so feel free to ignore me) Q is a pretty talented player but he seems way too laid back. Rex had a hard time getting him motivated and Bowles couldn't get him to perform in a contract year. His production does not match his talent and that will frustrate you to no end. Good depth pickup if you need it.

Welcome. We love opposing fans who are cool.

I would be on board. Seemed like a freak at UNC. Thought he was gonna be a solid pro. Sometimes guys just have to find the right fit.

Motivation was a problem at UNC as well and was the issue in the pre-draft conversation. Thing is I recall he could switch it on and dominate when he felt like it. Then he would go back and disappear for stretches. Sounds like maybe the same guy today.

Motivation was a problem at UNC as well and was the issue in the pre-draft conversation. Thing is I recall he could switch it on and dominate when he felt like it. Then he would go back and disappear for stretches. Sounds like maybe the same guy today.

These are the type of guys I would avoid drafting (it also describe me until age 23).

If look at the numbers Kruger's has had better big seasons than Coples yet Coples has been more consistent. That said I think either one of these guys would be a nice add over Albright or Biermann. I know Albright has been talked about a lot but he didn't do much on the field and think he needs to gain 20 lbs to be a more effective LB so think he's more of a PS type guy.

I hope we keep Albright and stash him on the practice squad. He has a nose for the ball and is a gamer, like you said if he puts on 20-40 pounds of mostly muscle and upper body and core strength he can be a beast. Im all for signing Coples, familiar with the HC and the playbook and decent depth player.

(Jets fan here so feel free to ignore me) Q is a pretty talented player but he seems way too laid back. Rex had a hard time getting him motivated and Bowles couldn't get him to perform in a contract year. His production does not match his talent and that will frustrate you to no end. Good depth pickup if you need it.

Reiterating what eball and others have said... I worked at Carolina when he was playing his college ball there, (Coples, not eball. Not sure where eball played his college ball.) and had friends who were close to the program. That was precisely their take when he was coming out in the draft.

Rex seemed to have been able to push his buttons somewhat effectively, better than anyone else has yet in the NFL anyway. Maybe he can do it again.

Edited by jimmy10

I hope we keep Albright and stash him on the practice squad. He has a nose for the ball and is a gamer, like you said if he puts on 20-40 pounds of mostly muscle and upper body and core strength he can be a beast. Im all for signing Coples, familiar with the HC and the playbook and decent depth player.

This is my feeling on Albright as well.....I think with another 20 pounds on him that kid will be a monster

In other words if he gets some steroids? :D

I think he can add 20-40 lbs, but only about half of that will be muscle (if he doesn't juice), and that's okay--the hope is that he'll be able to maintain his speed with some added fat.

I saw the entire defense quit against Washington. Not just Mario.

Coples was available well before then. The entire defense quit in Washington, but things could have been different after the malcontent's efforts Vs NE and Philly.

Vs NE? That was the one of the few games the defense actually played well. Unfortunately the offense couldn't do much.

And Mario had a big sack at the end of that Philly game.

White's TD at the end of the half was clearly Williams freelancing, as was his half-hearted effort on Bradford's long TD throw. Bradford stepped right into the wide open area when Williams rushed 10 yards behind the LOS