Interior O-Line Depth

The backup interior job is one where you could potentially find your guy in someone's cut list. It's not exactly an enviable situation, but I could see a guy like Brian Schwenke, Travis Swanson, Evan Smith, or Corey Linsley being available

thanks for a list of hopefuls

I don't see any concrete reason to have faith in Henderson. Forget his very questionable health situation. I see his ceiling as a serviceable backup LT, RT for a couple of games a season if he can overcome the odds with his health. No way he has ever been a quality starting tackle for an NFL team that does not have very low standards for starters. This is Miller's year to sink or swim. I have hope he will swim, but not a lot of faith. I hope he proves me wrong. We have a top quality left side, a decent center and dumpster fire on the right. If Miller can even arise and become an average G this year, it will still not be enough for our team. There is no solution on the team at RT. The RG will also have to be good enough to carry the weakness of the RT to secure the right side, or it will be the downfall of the offense this season.

I do not feel as bad about the starters in general. My concern is the depth.

The backup interior job is one where you could potentially find your guy in someone's cut list. It's not exactly an enviable situation, but I could see a guy like Brian Schwenke, Travis Swanson, Evan Smith, or Corey Linsley being available

Tim Lelito has had a bad preseason and could hit the market as well. He's a guy that has started in this league at both OG and C. Another name to keep an eye on

bills have been interested in him soooo many times

Eventually maybe he ends up on the team?

IIRC, he was really bad for the Giants before his injury last year. My friend who is a Giants fan was always bitching about him. Anyone have any insight?

I think he's el done-zo

There it is...

Needs to be a swing guy who can genuinely play C and G.

Alrighty then.

Hope Miller continues improving.

I would take him if i did not believe in John Miller yet.

Is Lelito going to get cut though ? and how much is he than Velasco ? :wallbash:

He broke his leg last season after 11 starts, but I believe he is healthy now.

I thought it was something severe, not that he was injury prone.

Rex sounds very optimistic about Henderson after being totally silent during his health issues.

It looks to me like 9 O-Lineman will make the team, with CK, Groy, Velasco, and Henderson all there as backups. If Seantrel is healthy he will push Mills and may take the job away.

Groy and Velasco seem like borderline NFLers - and we already know that Kouandijo cannot play guard. Any possibility Henderson could play guard in a pinch?

My guess is that veterans backups get cut in final cutdown and they use 1st or 2nd year players as backups week 1. Week 2 they bring in veterans knowing they will paid per game basis and can be cut if it looks like they have too much wear on tires without paying for whole season.

I don't know what their DB depth looks like. He's the type of guy that I am thinking though.

That'd be awesome--trade them a guy that they didn't re-sign for a guy they thought would be their starting center.

Not saying it couldn't happen; in fact, in the NFL weird stuff like that tends to happen more often than the trades that make sense.

Sterling Moore might be a slight upgrade as their nickel back. Outside of that, don't see much they'd be interested in.

That's who I was thinking of

But they didn't re-sign him.

Good point, that went right over my head.

Sterling Moore might be a slight upgrade as their nickel back. Outside of that, don't see much they'd be interested in.

Yeah, that may make more sense. I was just thinking (in general) if we could flip some of our depth (DB at this point) for someone's interior OL depth it would be good.