Kaepernick and the National Anthem

And what pray tell would you have them to do fix what's wrong? You are making an assumption that they have the POWER to fix it. That's the crux of the matter. You think they don't WANT to fix it? You think they CREATED it on purpose, and they PERPETUATE it because they like it?

So, they make it much worse... so that's a solution? LMAO So essentially what makes them NOT have power if they don't burn or loot? They obviously don't want to fix it because it is not their primary focus to be sure.

Upset? I'm not the one who has spent the whole day on a message board justifying criminal acts in the name of "Civil liberties."

By skirting the issue, twisting words, and failing to acknowledge that they're committing criminal acts, you discredit yourself more than you're capable of comprehending. That's something you won't read in a history book.

I haven't twisted anything, you just don't support certain causes and believe in restricting certain peoples right to protest. Gotcha.

No, just upset about ignorant fools who would rather burn and loot than fix what's wrong in their own damn communities. It's 2016, not the 1770s.

Anyone engaging in looting and burning like that should be held accountable, but principles remain the same regardless of the era.

There will always be an element that does that, but you can't paint everyone with the same dirty brush.

The news will.

I've never cringed so much on this message board in my life. This conversation is really uncomfortable.

Honestly this is tame compared to the PPP thread.

Edited by The Wiz

You're judging an entire group of people based on the actions of of a very few. Ignorance, or racism? Pick one. Sounds like both to me.

Don't like me judging you based on a statement? Tough shirt. See how it works?

So why don't the many speak out against the actions of the few? That doesn't require POWER either.

Pole Vaulter demonstates how Americans react to National Anthem

and then there’s Usain Bolt who’s not even American..:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8uiYELBajc

I"m a little concerned with the NFL's rather obvious hypocrisy here.

Their response today was: "we recognize the right of an individual to choose to participate, or not, in our celebration of the national anthem"

But when the Dallas Cowboys want to honor the police lives lost in their city with a "Blue Lives Matter" tribute.

Oh no, we can't have that. No "demonstrations" allowed then

For years players have used the national anthem as a platform. What makes no sense to me (cue Battle Hymn of the Republic in the background) is that the anthem/flag should be a celebration/acknowledgement of our freedoms. Including the freedom of speech to voice your displeasure with the current state of affairs. Voicing your displeasure while spurning the symbol that grants you that right seems contradictory and pointless to me.

He's only half black. What people don't really know is that in his contract he gets paid 15m for his white half but only 4m for his black half.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Good thing he's not a woman then, because he'd only get 74% of that

For years players have used the national anthem as a platform. What makes no sense to me (cue Battle Hymn of the Republic in the background) is that the anthem/flag should be a celebration/acknowledgement of our freedoms. Including the freedom of speech to voice your displeasure with the current state of affairs. Voicing your displeasure while spurning the symbol that grants you that right seems contradictory and pointless to me.

So spurning the symbol of that right seems contradictory and pointless but spurning the actual right does not. Got it.