Lorenzo Alexander, sacks & flags

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I expect a flag for a hit below the waist on TT as well.

At least acknowledge the link I posted with quotes from Blandino himself. You are wrong, yet you are too stubborn to admit it.

It was a blown call and that comes straight from the horse's mouth.

The one comments makes a point, if everything is going to be roughing the passer anyway, you might as well rough him for real. Go for the knees, stick an elbow in his earhole, twist the foot.

You know, I am not that far away from that thinking sometimes.

Shame it has come to that though.

I liked Alexander last night. His number kept showing up in plays.

I felt it was not worth the call.

It had to be because he came in contact with his head. Even brushing it. Isn't that automatic PF for the QB these days?

As for the wrap up tackle, I don't see how it could have been any cleaner. You could tell every bit of him was going for the clean wrap up tackle.

That said, the redskins are a dirty team. I don't like them. Weren't they in the news for playing dirty against the Panthers last year too? I am glad we don't have to play them.

Edited by What a Tuel

There's a facebook link on the first page I think. Apparently everyone on twitter is taking shots at the NFL because of it.

http://www.ekla.in/trends/lorenzo-alexander.html

Here's the sack: https://twitter.com/cianaf/status/769324999337443328

Thanks for the revisit. In the good ole days that was a great tackle sack. Brought his hands down to the ankle and pulled up to avoid an injury

At least acknowledge the link I posted with quotes from Blandino himself. You are wrong, yet you are too stubborn to admit it.

I looked at it again. His left arm wraps close to, if not at, Cousins' knee. That's going to get called.

That was definitely a blown call. They thought that they saw something that didn't happen.

It had to be because he came in contact with his head. Even brushing it. Isn't that automatic PF for the QB these days?

As for the wrap up tackle, I don't see how it could have been any cleaner. You could tell every bit of him was going for the clean wrap up tackle.

That said, the redskins are a dirty team. I don't like them. Weren't they in the news for playing dirty against the Panthers last year too? I am glad we don't have to play them.

If i have to accept as the reality. But his intention was clean.

Redskins, I did not realize this till last night.

I was yelling "BOUNTY" on Halls head. I was drinking though.

If i have to accept as the reality. But his intention was clean.

Redskins, I did not realize this till last night.

I was yelling "BOUNTY" on Halls head. I was drinking though.

Perfectly acceptable.

I see your gonna be stubborn on this.....

Its ok.....Im being stubborn that Greg Little needs to make this team and nobody agrees with me.....:)

you're right.... Nobody agrees about little. :)

Look, I don't necessarily like the rule, but anything near the knees is going to get called. And even if a defender hits a QB on the thigh, odds are gravity is going to pull him towards his knee, which leads to a flag.

BTW, does anyone have a clip of Beerman's PF?

ok. So both are protected untill they leave the pocket? The RB with a broken arm was past the LOS.

No, RBs are never protected. They are considered runners all the time whereas a QB only becomes a runner after he's left the pocket. Or something close to that.

Both were wrong calls imho. I also didn't like the ticky tack offensive pass interferece call at the end of the game. Very slight especially considering Norman pinned woods are to his side in the endzone, earlier in the game clearly a penalty and uncalled. Thank God this wasn't a regular season game....