Surprise Cuts - 2016

I dunno. Maybe Rob Ryan gets a cut on his finger from exuberant use of a steak knife at the training table? Overdorf gets a paper cut while signing checks? :unsure:

Unexpected = neither of those.

Though I do feel your meaning for "training table" requires a bit of exploration - you WERE talking about the table where they spread out food during training camp, and not the table where the athletes go to get taped up etc?

I think it was Karlos. I thought he'd hang on because of his production last year.

I did too, especially since he doesn't count against the roster until 5 weeks in. A lot can happen in 4 weeks: injuries, guys who looked great in preseason vanishing, trade partners emerge etc.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres no way they cut a medically cleared guy out of worry for his next injury.

I dunno about "worry for his next injury",but what if they feel he's been overtaken on the depth chart by guys who are less of a long-term injury concern?

Dray, Henderson, Robey-Coleman, Gay.

And, we make the playoffs.

Word.

Henderson as in Seantrel? Why ever?

I just don't believe the rosy picture being painted regarding his recovery. Being an OT is dependent on using all of one's core muscles, on having size, and inertia, and mid-body mobility. I just don't see how someone can have a big piece of their colon removed as a result of Crohn's Disease, in which one of the symptoms was his colon detaching from his rectum (!!! :sick: !!!), requiring two surgeries, and bounce back as a Right Tackle, to 100% in under a year.

And, let us not forget that football is, above all else, a business. Crohn's is chronic, and Henderson wasn't ever exactly a stud RT in the first place. There are no guarantees that his condition won't recur. As a player, is he worth that risk?

I just don't believe the rosy picture being painted regarding his recovery. Being an OT is dependent on using all of one's core muscles, on having size, and inertia, and mid-body mobility. I just don't see how someone can have a big piece of their colon removed as a result of Crohn's Disease, in which one of the symptoms was his colon detaching from his rectum (!!! :sick: !!!), requiring two surgeries, and bounce back as a Right Tackle, to 100% in under a year.

And, let us not forget that football is, above all else, a business. Crohn's is chronic, and Henderson wasn't ever exactly a stud RT in the first place. There are no guarantees that his condition won't recur. As a player, is he worth that risk?

I could absolutely see him getting cut.

For 2 years I have been saying get rid of Goodwin and he just keeps stickin around. Not only is he always injured but he runs awful routes, cant adjust on the ball, and doesnt block. I hope this is it for him. Felton holding the ball like a loaf of bread on that goal line fumble last game doesnt help him. Williams could just about do Feltons job.

According to some, he's ALWAYS open...

What is your source on "colon detaching from his rectum"? I have not seen that in any report. It's quite common, on the other hand, to direct output to an ostomy bag temporarily after colon surgery, then redirect after healing is complete.

He may be ready, he may not be ready - you have a very valid point about the timeline for recovery after major abdominal surgery, but I don't believe they will cut him due to what might happen in the future. I mean, following that logic, Aaron Williams should definitely go out the door, and heck, any player with an injury - cut 'em all! If he's not ready, I would think they'd IR him.

I dunno about "worry for his next injury",but what if they feel he's been overtaken on the depth chart by guys who are less of a long-term injury concern?

Which guy on the depth chart is his talent level?

Probably a bit premature but every year we go through who our surprise cuts are. Who's yours?

Offense - I'm going with Goodwin. I think the last not contact injury was the final straw. Hope for him to be able to stay on the field has to be dwindled.

Defense - Robey-Coleman. I just get this feeling that he's in trouble.

Both good calls, but I think Goodwin will hold on for the Percy Harvin roll. Quick elusive receiver who makes some plays in the first few weeks, then gets hurt and goes on IR. Robey Coleman is on the fence.

Brandon Spikes is another close call

I think who I always say every year, Goodwin ( enough of the free money already) Felton just don't need him didn't really need him last year, unfortunately maybe Kyle Williams, and this may not be a favorite of anyone other than me but what has woods done,has he made a reception this preseason yet.