Duke Williams

I thought he was really coming on in the back half of the Schwartz year but then there was a major regression last year. I have to think that was, at least in part, him not understanding the defense as he seemed to be out of position on pretty much every play. He certainly looks "all in" so far this year and if he is with his physical tools he can be pretty good for us.

I agree completely. I thought he would challenge Graham for the starting spot last year but he was awful. He was completely unprepared to step in for Aaron Williams.

Last year was certainly trying for the young man. His game left a lot to be desired and he was called out publicly. That can shake a guy's confidence. I believe this offseason that he's really worked on shoring up weaknesses and elevating his dick game to A-1. I wouldn't be surprised if the improved confidence that comes with having a strong, A-1 dick game translates to better performance on the field as well. Time will tell.

Let's hope he ends up in better shape than Isaac Hayes...

I agree completely. I thought he would challenge Graham for the starting spot last year but he was awful. He was completely unprepared to step in for Aaron Williams.

I have not gotten past that honestly. He has much to prove to me mentally yet. sorry to sound harsh

I think Duke is just an example of a number of players who are clearly a lot more motivated...and subsequently more prepared....this year.

Preston Brown

Duke

McCoy

Goodwin

Woods

Hopefully Seantrel Henderson is healthy and finally motivated to play up to his elite ability level and we can add him to the list at some point in 2016.

There were a lot of distracted and/or complacent fat cats on the team last year.....particularly but not exclusively on the defensive side of the ball.

At some point in the season that could be 6 starters.

I'll take that.

I think Duke is just an example of a number of players who are clearly a lot more motivated...and subsequently more prepared....this year.

Preston Brown

Duke

McCoy

Goodwin

Woods

Hopefully Seantrel Henderson is healthy and finally motivated to play up to his elite ability level and we can add him to the list at some point in 2016.

There were a lot of distracted and/or complacent fat cats on the team last year.....particularly but not exclusively on the defensive side of the ball.

I'll take that.

watch your words my friend

"Hopefully Seantrel Henderson is healthy and finally motivated"

I am surely hopefull that was not your intention

Why?

Is this another one of those cases where you know nothing about the background of the player?

Preston Brown

Duke

McCoy

Goodwin

Woods

I'll take that.

Duke - FA next year

Woods - FA next year

Goodwin - FA next year

This is a factor even if it is not entire reason - saw same thing in high school and college seniors who would get their act together final year.

Why?

Is this another one of those cases where you know nothing about the background of the player?

excellent answer. well thought out and intellectual

Nope i have no clue. I do not even watch football much less follow the Bills

But you are going to tell me aren't you?

cuz you always do

You really come off as an asshat too much. because i suggested you were careless about your word you affront me yet again ?

its wearing and old.

Finally he might be motivated?? really?

well lets hope his pot smoking lazy azz can get off the couch and suck it up like you would.

you never cease to amaze me.

excellent answer. well thought out and intellectual

Nope i have no clue. I do not even watch football much less follow the Bills

But you are going to tell me aren't you?

cuz you always do

You really come off as an asshat too much. because i suggested you were careless about your word you affront me yet again ?

its wearing and old.

Finally he might be motivated?? really?

well lets hope his pot smoking lazy azz can get off the couch and suck it up like you would.

you never cease to amaze me.

And you just declare the first thing that comes to your mind.

Google is your friend.

But YEAH I WILL tell you.

The guy was a complete turd at the U.....actually suspended 3 times.......probably should have been kicked off the team but they were in a tough spot with limited scholarships and tons of OL problems.

He did his part there in cruise control......picked up the pace enough to get the NFL min-wage paycheck.......then progress halted again.

Rather than B word about the perception of a player how about letting the guy PROVE that he's left that bushel of red flags behind him.

Great example of a Bill who was a turd in college and turned it on as a pro and later became a consummate pro was Pat Williams.

It can happen.

Duke - FA next year

Woods - FA next year

Goodwin - FA next year

This is a factor even if it is not entire reason - saw same thing in high school and college seniors who would get their act together final year.

I'm sure you didn't mean to imply their improvement is contract oriented. :rolleyes:

Seriously though the only downside to this list with added motivation is that it's more personal/job based than it is about reaching a SB.

Perhaps getting to the playoffs will build that kind of hunger but for now the fear of lost jobs or less lucrative second contracts will suffice.

I'm pretty sure that was Meeks. And I just watched the game with half of buzz but I thought there were some shaky Duke moments. I would watch again but it's preseason football.

Was that Duke or Meeks? I could have sworn from the replay that it was Meeks. Maybe both had huge hits...

I thought I saw #27 after the play, not #36. I was watching the condensed replay so I heard no commentary afterwards. It was definitely in the 2nd half.

Edit: yeah, I was wrong. It was Meeks. Sorry!

Edited by eball

I don't know about college ball but that's been the case here, its been visible on the field. Glad to have him back but not putting any expectations on this young man- he's regularly been a flailer and a drifter in the run game, and his feet get lazy in pass pro. doesn't play like he's hungry to prove himself every snap. I've posted examples before and the one play I watched him this game was another one. Sending positive vibes Seantrel's way, I would love to see him improve.

I don't know about college ball but that's been the case here, its been visible on the field. Glad to have him back but not putting any expectations on this young man- he's regularly been a flailer and a drifter in the run game, and his feet get lazy in pass pro. doesn't play like he's hungry to prove himself every snap. I've posted examples before and the one play I watched him this game was another one. Sending positive vibes Seantrel's way, I would love to see him improve.

I liked some of his work against the Redskins. Glad you are sending the good towards him !

Duke has looked ok, but didn't he miss the tackle that led to the first touchdown?

Thats what I thought.

A couple of the guys over pursued looking for the big hit. Reed needs to keep teaching these guys patience and form tackling are effective