No more "probable" on NFL injury reports

YoloinOhio

@armandosalguero

NFL is getting rid of the "probable" injury classification this season.

The NFL injury classifications going forward will be "out," "doubtful," and "questionable." Again, no more "probable."

Let me be the first to express an overly unenthusiastic "meh".

Why are they doing this? Bet fantasy fans aren't happy...

It's "probable" this will make them more happy. The other 3 make it sound like the likelihood of playing is 50% or less. If there is no probable then they are going to play.

Then again, if you have a player with an injury not listed as "probable" you could have a player going in the game when he's only 70% and only taking 10 snaps. Unless they are still going to be on the injury report but still listed as playing.

Edited by The Wiz

So they are required to list all injuries, correct? So even minor ones where they are going to play will be listed as "questionable"? That's not easy for fantasy owners.

I think they will be on the list but listed and In and not questionable. Either that or every single player is the league is going to be listed as questionable.

They should just have "Out" and "In". That's all that matters as the rest of it is made up nonsense.

The only reason I think it matters is for fantasy leagues. If a player is "in" but is coming back from some sort of injury that will limit his playing ability/time then it will screw up most peoples teams.

Pretty much the same thing that happened with Stevie. Always had a groin injury and was listed as probable but had some good and bad games.

Vegas is behind this somehow. I just haven't figured out how.

Less clarity for the average Joe is always a bonus for Vegas.

More explanation

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/21/nfl-drops-probable-from-injury-report-redefines-questionable-and-doubtful/

Questionable means "uncertain"

Doubtful means "not likely"

No percentages

So sounds like minor injuries not even listed anymore

I think this is an improvement for player safety because teams won't be able to go after someone who is slightly dinged up. In addition, it keeps teams from getting in trouble for not listing someone as probably (like the Mario Williams wrist situation a few years ago).