It's that time of year.....Steve Tasker

Bubba Gump

I'm pretty sure he is brought up every preseason when it comes to his four games worth of color commentating for the Bills. Love the guy as he is one of my all time favorite Bills, but my God he is bad. Although, in his defense I will say he has improved slightly with the tripping over his own tongue, but still mispronounces names frequently. Now when it comes to having a feel for what's happening around him throughout the stadium.....he is cluless. I was at the game yesterday and there were more than quite a few Giants fans in attendance. I had recorded the game as well and watched it when I got home. So, on the Giants second possession it was 3rd and 19 from deep in their own territory and the Giants ran the ball, playing it safe. Boos rained down after NY had a decent gain, but still came up short of the yardage to make. Tasker says, Bills fans are unhappy because the defense gave up too many yards on a 3rd and long. WHAT???? All the booing was from the Giants fans for running on 3rd and long. All the Bills fans around me were cheering because they stopped them, as they would normally do. I don't know what he was thinking as I've never heard a home crowd boo their team for even giving up 19 yards on a 3rd and 20 forcing a punt. Too bad concussion protocol wasn't around when he played.

Edited by Bubba Gump

I found that comment very odd as well but I was able to sync the radio broadcast so listened to murph and Kelso for most of the game

He just seems out of his element doing live color. Like I said, I was at the game and there were a bunch of obnoxious NY fans around us that were blatantly booing the Giants play call on that 3rd and long. Btw, Giants fans might be worse than Bills fans when it comes to loyalty. They were absolutely ripping two time Superbowl winning QB Eli Manning. You suck, you're holding us back, you haven't been good for two years. It was great to listen to them.

He just seems out of his element doing live color. Like I said, I was at the game and there were a bunch of obnoxious NY fans around us that were blatantly booing the Giants play call on that 3rd and long. Btw, Giants fans might be worse than Bills fans when it comes to loyalty. They were absolutely ripping two time Superbowl winning QB Eli Manning. You suck, you're holding us back, you haven't been good for two years. It was great to listen to them.

I think Bills fans are quite loyal. It's Giants fans who are the opposite of that. We rip our players so often because we lose. Trust me, any two time Super Bowl winning QB in Buffalo would be held in a much higher esteem than Giants fans hold Eli Manning's legacy. Giants fans only exist when they win.

I think Bills fans are quite loyal. It's Giants fans who are the opposite of that. We rip our players so often because we lose. Trust me, any two time Super Bowl winning QB in Buffalo would be held in a much higher esteem than Giants fans hold Eli Manning's legacy. Giants fans only exist when they win.

Yeah, but this:

post-3967-0-98095100-1471793593_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tenhigh

Yeah, I don't know, he always seems to take pessimistic point of view. Like the kids day game performance making a lot of fans, and I believe it was him who responded with "yeah a lot of them won't know or realize this game won't be counted at all, anywhere".

Well, you aren't wrong Steve.

Edited by What a Tuel

Tasker tries hard and he has improved a lot the past few years, but he is brutal to listen to which is one reason he hasn't been snatched up by a major network to work regular season national games.

Preseason for the Bills you get what you get.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Tasker isn't very polished (and that thing about Bills fans booing on the Giants run play on 3rd an long was just weird), but he did have a couple of useful insights, particularly on the Bills WRs not being in synch with EJ on what looked to me, at first, like just poorly thrown balls. He also made the correct call on the Little "no possession" TD, explaining that rule better than most. So it wasn't a total washout.

Tasker isn't very polished (and that thing about Bills fans booing on the Giants run play on 3rd an long was just weird), but he did have a couple of useful insights, particularly on the Bills WRs not being in synch with EJ on what looked to me, at first, like just poorly thrown balls. He also made the correct call on the Little "no possession" TD, explaining that rule better than most. So it wasn't a total washout.

Come on, if that is the correct call on that TD pass then the NFL doesn't know what a completed pass is.

The guy took 3-4 steps in bounds with the ball securely in his arms, and then a few more out of bounds as he was falling, rolls over out of bounds, and the ball comes out. If he was bobbling it, I could see their point. But he wasn't bobbling it at all for those 3-4 steps in bounds.

Wish I could find a GIF of it.

Edited by What a Tuel

tasker is a nice guy. But always seems like he is in a dfferent time zone.

When doing these games. I am surprised they haven't given him the hook.

Like his old stablemate Ray Bentley.

Yeah, I don't know, he always seems to take pessimistic point of view. Like the kids day game performance making a lot of fans, and I believe it was him who responded with "yeah a lot of them won't know or realize this game won't be counted at all, anywhere".

Well, you aren't wrong Steve.

He was in full, regular season 'don't want to sound like a homer and give the Bills any credit' mode. He tries too hard not to sound like a homer and makes a lot of obvious mistakes.

Tasker tries hard and he has improved a lot the past few years, but he is brutal to listen to which is one reason he hasn't been snatched up by a major network to work regular season national games.

Preseason for the Bills you get what you get.

Ummm...he's been a regular season analyst on CBS games for years. :blink:

Watching/listening to the Colts game he was so bad i was getting irritable. Not knowing #s or players etc.

Giants game he did his homework, but his perspective is odd sometimes.

The long shot of his son.. I was just waiting for him to pick his nose. You know he wanted to.

I guess it could be worse, and certainly has been.

Just tell me who has subbed in correctly, thats all i ask !!