Bills cut Karlos Williams

FireChan

Well, when you don't show up for voluntary workouts and your competition does, then when you show up for mandatory mini-camp you are 30 pounds overweight, then you get suspended for four games, then the competition looks good in practice/games, it puts you behind the eight ball. Only has himself to blame, BUT he is talented and will get another opportunity most likely. Hopefully he will maximize that chance.

Edited by purple haze

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serously, this is just plain idiotic the more I think about it. Williams was electric at times last year...are we really supposed to believe that Boom Herron or James Wilder Jr. are better options at RB?

Huh? They will both be cut. Shady, Bush, Gillislee, and JWill will be the RBs.

Serously, this is just plain idiotic the more I think about it. Williams was electric at times last year...are we really supposed to believe that Boom Herron or James Wilder Jr. are better options at RB?

The timing is odd given what he showed on the field. But they know these guys far better than we do so its hard to push back too much yet.

no they aren't but I have to speculate that something happened the last couple of days for him to get cut. I could throw the FO or him under the bus, but until I have more info about the situation I can't play the blame game.

Stop thinking. You'll feel less stress because it's clearly something you're not good at.

Huh? They will both be cut. Shady, Bush, Gillislee, and JWill will be the RBs.

No offense, but the way the RB's dropped like flies last year I'd put even odds on one of them having to be on the roster opening day due to injury...or during the season at some point

This is clearly the Pegulas saying "enough with this ****--we won't be made the laughing stocks of the the League." No matter how they dress it up, this was not a football decision.

Pegulas: "first Karlos, now MarceL?? We will not be made fools of!--Karlos, you're fired".

They have been indulgent (coddling) of this same exact behavior in the past. Two years ago it was going to be a "watershed moment" that will or will not "disprove he's a bad seed". The next time he is suspended 2 years from now, they will again say the exact same thing.

Same story 2 years later and all that gets tossed out the window and they reset with the same comments. Meanwhile, Karlos shows up out of shape and facing a suspension and he's strung along for a while and then fired hours before a game.

If that's your definition of "coddling" then every team "coddles" their star players that get into trouble. Karlos one of those players, apparently isn't interested in bettering himself, and is replaceable. That is likely why he got cut.

I wasn't asking why Dareus was being coddled again, I was asking why Karlos was getting the bum's rush all of a sudden.

But he was that expendable? Then why not cut him when the suspension was announced?

Because they were looking at the total team wide RB picture.

Marcel has leverage because he's good and needed.

Karlos has no performance leverage ... "he was that expendable." The Bills actually did him a favor when giving him more time to redeem himself.

If that's your definition of "coddling" then every team "coddles" their star players that get into trouble. Karlos one of those players, apparently isn't interested in bettering himself, and is replaceable. That is likely why he got cut.

Yes they all coddle their star players--there you go.

How do you know Karlos wasn't interested in bettering himself? He said the same things Dareus said 2years ago--and Marcel wasn't serious about "bettering himself" was he? Yet he didn't get cut

Because they were looking at the total team wide RB picture.

Marcel has leverage because he's good and needed.

Karlos has no performance leverage ... "he was that expendable." The Bills actually did him a favor when giving him more time to redeem himself.

Well, this is the hypocrisy of the situation that I am talking about. It has nothing to do with saving souls or bettering one's self or whatever is being spun here.

Simple football decision double standard. Just call it that.

See ya! This guy sent some of the weirdest tweets I've ever read. Between some that were obviously meant to be dm's, and others that were just plain incoherent.

They've seen what he's brought to the table this year, and it wasn't enough to warrant keeping him.

Yes they all coddle their star players--there you go.

How do you know Karlos wasn't interested in bettering himself? He said the same things Dareus said 2years ago--and Marcel wasn't serious about "bettering himself" was he? Yet he didn't get cut

Well, this is the hypocrisy of the situation that I am talking about. It has nothing to do with saving souls or bettering one's self or whatever is being spun here.

Simple football decision double standard. Just call it that.

Please go on and on and on and on and on about this please.

You already know what time it is. Marcel has much greater value therefore has more leeway, you already knew this.

Please go on and on and on and on and on about this please.

You already know what time it is. Marcel has much greater value therefore has more leeway, you already knew this.

The fourth-string running back was TOO FAT to play in a preseason game. I can't believe this is controversial.