Marcell substantiated

plenzmd1

Honestly, I'm MORE pissed off its resulting from him simply being too lazy to have gone and taken the drug test...seriously??

Getting a few hours more of sleep is worth losing $2-3 million dollars??

Unless he didn't take it because he knew it would come back positive and at least this way gave him a little wiggle room...

Nothing lazy about it. The only reason you miss a test is because you know you're dirty. Random testing means random testing. They will show up at your house, your place of work, wherever and whenever you inform them you'll be. You are required to notify them of your whereabouts at all times. Taking a trip? Make a call, send an Email. I know an Olympic athlete who was on a training run at 0700, and a USADA tester showed up at their house at 0730. Luckily they had their cell phone with them because they had a time limit to meet the USADA tester or it would have counted as a missed test. And there's no screen involved. You have to drop trou right in front of the tester (sorry Whizzinator fans).

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A poster on the BB forum had a great idea.

Dareus can regain good will by restructuring his contract so Gilmore can be re-signed long term.

Buffalo Dunn

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?530234-Dareus-suggestion

given the nature of MDs contract, does he have any incentive to do that?

short of an intense desire to be liked, why would he even entertain it as a response to this?

given the nature of MDs contract, does he have any incentive to do that?

short of an intense desire to be liked, why would he even entertain it as a response to this?

He wouldn't.

But He can regain good will by growing up and play his 12 games this season.

Keep his mouth shut with the silly hollow catch phrases. And earn his huge game check every week.

IMO This guy has a lot too prove in particular too his teammates.

Edited by Best Player Available

He wouldn't.

But He can regain good will by growing up and play his 12 games this season.

Keep his mouth shut with the silly hollow catch phrases. And earn his huge game check every week.

IMO This guy has a lot too prove in particular too his teammates.

he has to give the catch phrases for a few days. its the nature of the beast with the media cycle. but like you said, the only thing that matters is showing up in the best shape of his life, and knowing the playbook better than he ever has. anything beyond that is just reality TV entertainment.

Nothing lazy about it. The only reason you miss a test is because you know you're dirty. Random testing means random testing. They will show up at your house, your place of work, wherever and whenever you inform them you'll be. You are required to notify them of your whereabouts at all times. Taking a trip? Make a call, send an Email. I know an Olympic athlete who was on a training run at 0700, and a USADA tester showed up at their house at 0730. Luckily they had their cell phone with them because they had a time limit to meet the USADA tester or it would have counted as a missed test. And there's no screen involved. You have to drop trou right in front of the tester (sorry Whizzinator fans).

Doesn't your response say you could miss a test because you might not have had your cell phone (not saying thats what happened); not just because you know you're dirty. I am interested to hear the reason for why he missed. If there isn't one then its likely because he knows he wouldn't have passed.

Doesn't your response say you could miss a test because you might not have had your cell phone (not saying thats what happened); not just because you know you're dirty. I am interested to hear the reason for why he missed. If there isn't one then its likely because he knows he wouldn't have passed.

i dont recall, i think there was some chatter on not letting players lie about the reason for the fail, but has it been confirmed that missing it was actually the cause beyond his own statement?

Well of course he would come up with something. "Didn't have my cell phone" won't do.

i dont recall, i think there was some chatter on not letting players lie about the reason for the fail, but has it been confirmed that missing it was actually the cause beyond his own statement?

I thought I saw a couple things up thread that said he missed a test (besides just him). If so I think the reason could be interesting.

Do you enjoy being wrong? Is this some sort of Taoist thing?

Wrongness for wrongness sake?

I don't really consider fans (of sports teams at least) to ever be "wrong" when it comes to hoping/cheering for their team to win. That's the whole point of rooting for a team in the first place and what makes them fans to begin with. You don't lose points when you're rooting for your team and they don't deliver. It sucks, certainly, but I'd rather be wrong while rooting for a team I like to win than right about my favorite team being terrible -- even if the later is the truth.

When it comes to having objective discussions about the state of the team (or the sport in general) then yes, blind faith in your chosen team is usually more of a hindrance to good conversation than it is a benefit. But that's different I think.

When it comes to having objective discussions about the state of the team (or the sport in general) then yes, blind faith in your chosen team is usually more of a hindrance to good conversation than it is a benefit. But that's different I think.

Well, considering this is a messageboard, blind optimism here would seem to be...a bit much.

I watch the team every week, and carry on like a loony HOPING they win. More often than not, it ends in disappointment. But the rest of the week, I'm not going to be a sunshine and roses polyanna when the team is clearly not making any strides going anywhere.

Well, considering this is a messageboard, blind optimism here would seem to be...a bit much.

I watch the team every week, and carry on like a loony HOPING they win. More often than not, it ends in disappointment. But the rest of the week, I'm not going to be a sunshine and roses polyanna when the team is clearly not making any strides going anywhere.

It's a personal preference certainly, I wasn't trying to say everyone should share that view. And I agree that when it comes to substantive discussion about the state of the team or the sport itself the blind optimism is every bit as cumbersome as BBFS.

Do you enjoy being wrong? Is this some sort of Taoist thing?

Wrongness for wrongness sake?

Its called fandom

This team once went to 4 straight super bowls.....and i was actually alive at the time that happened.

Fans will stick with this team till they get it worked out.

You also dont have to go to the other extreme and be the pisser in the punchbowl joe.

It does not have to be a north pole/south pole thing

Its called fandom

This team once went to 4 straight super bowls.....and i was actually alive at the time that happened.

Fans will stick with this team till they get it worked out.

You also dont have to go to the other extreme and be the pisser in the punchbowl joe.

It does not have to be a north pole/south pole thing

Says the north pole.

Also, anyone who is still watching this team after the past decade and a half can't be categorized as anything OTHER than a fan.

Not a fairweather, not a bandwagoner.

A poster on the BB forum had a great idea.

Dareus can regain good will by restructuring his contract so Gilmore can be re-signed long term.

Buffalo Dunn

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?530234-Dareus-suggestion

That would be superb, regardless of how unlikely.

I would hake his "hi" picture and use it as my avatar for one full season.

I thought I saw a couple things up thread that said he missed a test (besides just him). If so I think the reason could be interesting.

4 violations to get this level of suspension i thought i read here

That would be superb, regardless of how unlikely.

I would hake his "hi" picture and use it as my avatar for one full season.

4 violations to get this level of suspension i thought i read here

4 violations yes but I think a missed test counts as a violation. I do think his other violations were positive tests, but I thought this one was a missed test. Could be wrong. Would love some verification.

4 violations yes but I think a missed test counts as a violation. I do think his other violations were positive tests, but I thought this one was a missed test. Could be wrong. Would love some verification.

I believe you are correct. Missed test is the same as failing these days

• 3 weeks later...