Should we trade for Bosa?

Let's say the price is next years first and third round picks, I honestly would pass. I don't think Bosa will ever be an elite pass rusher, I think he will be solid 7-10 sacks a year player as a 3-4 OLB who is effective but not dominant against the run. I wouldn't sell next years draft to bring him in, I think Lawson if healthy can do approximately what Bosa does and then the Bills can find a more true 3-4 OLB prospect in next years draft if needed. Bosa kind of reminds me of AJ Hawk out of college (Draft stock wise) a player who was drafted so high because of low bust potential but was never thought to have that elite ceiling.

I thinking more like Paul Kruger and I think Bosa has way more Talent then him.

if he doesn't want to play in SD/LA he won't want to play here

Why?

The reason he doesn't want to sign there is because they want him to take a bad deal, that wouldn't happen here.

Mario for Bosa?

DEAL ! Miami trades Mario to SD and we get Bosa, this is the best idea I've heard yet.

Part of what makes a Bosa deal so unlikely is that no one in the league has any money left in their allocated "Rookie Pool". I think the only way it would be possible is if Shaq Lawson was part of the deal.

So in this crazy "what if" scenario - what would the deal be? Injured Shaq and a 1st next year? Because I can't imagine injured Shaq and a 2nd would be enough.

With all the angst about Lawson being out and the Chargers too cheap to sign him, should we trade For Joey Bosa and what should we give them? I would start with next yrs first.

I see a lot of people mocking this notion, however, things like this have happened before, including with us getting Bennett as some have already mentioned. I don't think this becomes a real possible option until we are well into the regular season if he hasn't signed yet as they have until week 10. And even then, they would still control his rights past week 10 and could look to trade him then to a team who would have no shot at him in the 2017 draft if he was forced to enter that again.

However...I firmly believe that no trade will happen because there is still so much time for them to work something out and the Chargers don't want to set a precedent that encourages more issues like this with future rookies.

Odds are there will be a compromise on both sides, in fact, Bosa's side has already said they would take either the guaranteed money upfront or the offset language. So really, I just can't see SD doing something like this with so much time left to get a deal done given how good Bosa looked in OTA's, the fact they took him 3 overall they thought so much of him, their desperate need on the defensive side of the ball, and the risk they face with dealing with future rookies and agents.

It's the Chargers, not the players.

In Eli's case it was the player, more precisely the player's father. SD had been bad for a while and was viewed as a bad organization. Archie did not want Eli to endure what he had at NO. So they did the same thing Elway did to Baltimore. I can't remember or don't care what the issue is with Bosa. I think the agent and Bosa want something on the contract that no one does, but can't recall what.

In Eli's case it was the player, more precisely the player's father. SD had been bad for a while and was viewed as a bad organization. Archie did not want Eli to endure what he had at NO. So they did the same thing Elway did to Baltimore. I can't remember or don't care what the issue is with Bosa. I think the agent and Bosa want something on the contract that no one does, but can't recall what.

Eli's father knew the trainwreck that the Chargers have been and didn't want him to have to deal with that. I thought it was a crummy move at the time, but after watching the Chargers since I don't blame them. I wouldn't want my kid playing there if I could help it.

As for Bosa, it's the opposite of what you state. He's only asking for the same thing as other players slotted where he is (and lower) got. The Chargers are trying to remove contractual items that are considered standard for a 3rd overall pick.

Eli's father knew the trainwreck that the Chargers have been and didn't want him to have to deal with that. I thought it was a crummy move at the time, but after watching the Chargers since I don't blame them. I wouldn't want my kid playing there if I could help it.

As for Bosa, it's the opposite of what you state. He's only asking for the same thing as other players slotted where he is (and lower) got. The Chargers are trying to remove contractual items that are considered standard for a 3rd overall pick.

What are they? Do you know?

What are they? Do you know?

Yes. Removal of offsets and payment of the full signing bonus in the first season of the contract are the issues. In the five seasons since slotting, every 3rd round pick got one or the other. From what I understand Bosa not looking for both, he is only looking for one or the other. Incidentally Goff and Wentz got both. Their contracts do not have offsets and pay the full signing bonus this season.