What will our record be in Preseason??

I think we will go 4-0. We have a great defense and just look at our opponents:

Colts? Andrew Luck is not the QB he once was three years ago. He is over the hill and can barely throw the ball past the LOS

Giants? Manning is still young but his defense is suspect...not to mention his WR corpse.

Redskins? Please...stop the madness. They can't fight their way out of a wet dishrag.

Lions? This is our annual Bills vs. Sweet Home JV game...put it in the win column now.

Going 4-0 in the presaeason is very important. Instilling a winning mentality in this team is crucial. I hope to see Tyrod and Sammy light it up for 8 TD's in the preseason.

Thoughts?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate preseason. I can't enjoy it because all I do is worry about injuries. I get that they need full-speed/full-contact practice ... or do they?

I still like my idea of full speed, no pads, no tackling for pre-season games.

Colts? Andrew Luck is not the QB he once was three years ago. He is over the hill and can barely throw the ball past the LOS

Giants? Manning is still young but his defense is suspect...not to mention his WR corpse.

Redskins? Please...stop the madness. They can't fight their way out of a wet dishrag.

Lions? This is our annual Bills vs. Sweet Home JV game...put it in the win column now.

Going 4-0 in the presaeason is very important. Instilling a winning mentality in this team is crucial. I hope to see Tyrod and Sammy light it up for 8 TD's in the preseason.

Thoughts?

No, it's not....it couldn't be more not important

Thoughts?

The Great Marv Levy never gave a good galdern thought to preseason "records" you over officious jerk.

Thoughts?

The preseason is an exercise in irrelevance. The Bills teams of the 90's averaged 1 win per preseason. That's it. The offenses and defenses should be vanilla and work solely on fundamentals. It's about as important to the team as what I have for breakfast on game day.

It's obvious no one wants to see a player injured....myself included. If you think for one second that I want to go 4-0 in the preseason but lose 4 or 5 players to injury in the process, you're mistaken.

BUT, going 4-0 in the preseason is the first step to instill success, confidence and brotherhood among our players. Leaving some blood on the turf after a hard fought game. Hitting your opponent into next Tuesday is all part of the game. This is football...not Synchronized Swimming. These players are paid significant dough to leave it all out on the field. Sure Tyrod and Sammy will have some bruises and tweaks...maybe a lineman twists an ankle. These types of minor injuries have to work themselves out. They have to be in "game shape" and that means having the ability to give or take a hit when needed.

With that said...4-0 is likely with our team as presently constituted. I know, I know, Marv never won in the preseason....well, given the absence of a Lombardi trophy on our mantel, perhaps we should approach preseason differently this year.

Let's do some math, shall we?

Is there a meaningful positive correlation between preseason wins and regular season wins? Nope. Teams going 4-0 in the preseason are just as likely to finish 8-8 as teams that go 0-4. Irrelevant.

Is there a meaningful positive correlation between preseason wins and next seasons regular season wins? Also a resounding NO. Also meaningless.

Other than your emotional attachment to "winning" the preseason, it means about as much as Rex Ryan saying he "won the draft".

I will never understand why a poster will read a thread topic, not particularly care about it, but feels the need to go out of his/her way to say, "who gives a ****?" It makee no sensee to me.

I will never understand why a poster will read a thread topic, not particularly care about it, but feels the need to go out of his/her way to say, "who gives a ****?" It makee no sensee to me.

i don't get it either. I don't even open them. Now in this case I have an auto-reply for Fergy's threads that says that. But normally...