What will our record be in Preseason??

Generally I would agree with you, but, there are topics that are so ill thought out (several of yours come to mind) that they demand to be ridiculed.

The alternative is deeming the thread as not contributing positively...

I literally scrolled back up to see if Gugny started this thread.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I literally scrolled back up to see if Gugny started this thread.

Well at least you didn't figuratively scroll up. That would have been silly.

I want our record to be - no injuries

We agree on something. Mark it on the calendar!

I just don't understand the mentality that our team (who we will bellyache, B word and moan about during the regular season) should go out and give 35% effort because "it's just the preseason". Think about the mental aspect: teams will be intimidated. They will watch and re-watch film to address our strengths. It's still man vs man out there...our guys have to beat their guys. What's wrong with that?

Seems to me most of you are already cashing in your chips and going home. The season is just starting and it begins vs. the Colts.

4-0 baby!!!

4-0 and we win the Conference Preseason title. PRESEASON CHAMPS!!!!!

The defense is so vanilla in the preseason it won't matter. They play to keep the starters healthy and not tip their hand to what they will do during the season. I really just want to see how Jones and Manuel will work the offense. This is really the first time Manuel will have stability in the Offense and no pressure to produce. He may still drop a turd but it will be interesting to see how he does in the same system from last year knowing his place as the back up. I also want to see who is going to pick up the slack for Lawson2 being out. Manny and Shaq being injured makes letting M.Williams go look foolish. And I can't wait to see how Ryan2 defense will be completely running the Ryan defense.

I just don't understand the mentality that our team (who we will bellyache, B word and moan about during the regular season) should go out and give 35% effort because "it's just the preseason". Think about the mental aspect: teams will be intimidated. They will watch and re-watch film to address our strengths. It's still man vs man out there...our guys have to beat their guys. What's wrong with that?

Seems to me most of you are already cashing in your chips and going home. The season is just starting and it begins vs. the Colts.

4-0 baby!!!

lol, chill dude. These are professional football players. They don't get "intimidated" by watching game film of us dominating them in a meaningless game. Preseason victory is less about the win-loss record and more about specific plays. If Tyrod goes out there and runs for 200 yards on 4 carries, then yes, other teams will take notice, but just because he did that does not mean we will win the game. And who cares if we win the game? I'll take no injuries and entertaining football over a victory any day, so long as we're talking about the preseason.

And just to be clear, you're waaaaaaaay too overzealous about your predictions. But that's ok. Like I said, it's meaningless whether or not what you predicted comes true or not. Prepare to be disappointed over meaningless football.

lol, chill dude. These are professional football players. They don't get "intimidated" by watching game film of us dominating them in a meaningless game. Preseason victory is less about the win-loss record and more about specific plays. If Tyrod goes out there and runs for 200 yards on 4 carries, then yes, other teams will take notice, but just because he did that does not mean we will win the game. And who cares if we win the game? I'll take no injuries and entertaining football over a victory any day, so long as we're talking about the preseason.

And just to be clear, you're waaaaaaaay too overzealous about your predictions. But that's ok. Like I said, it's meaningless whether or not what you predicted comes true or not. Prepare to be disappointed over meaningless football.