Let's Get Wilder - Watch out for James Wilder, Jr at RB

Ty Dunne knocks another one out of the park

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/07/20/james-wilder-jr-hopes-make-name-bills-backfield/

The vehicle pulls into a parking lot off Tifft Road and out steps James Wilder Jr. Hes not alone, either.

Theres his fianceé, Bianca. There are his two children. No, dont tell Wilder hes buried on the Buffalo Bills depth chart. This running back on the brink brought his entire life to Western New York, from his family to his car to his furniture, because he plans on sticking in Western New York.

If McCoy is the speed guy, he feels he can be a power counterpunch. Considering Karlos Williams was considerably overweight even before the suspension was announced, he'll get that opportunity. And, true, he woke up at 5:45 a.m. each morning through OTA's and minicamp to be the first player at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Great article.

Compare that with Bucky's latest. Such a contrast.

Peter... which one? Remember he was the guy that said the Sabres should tank then when they did he blasted them for doing so... but someone dug up article one and posted it and the whole BN staff retreated into their bunker.

It doesn't say much for the season when in July we're hoping that a player like JW Jr. amounts to something.

I have more faith that Bush will turn into something and that's severely limited too.

JW Jr. sounds like a nice kid though, good family type of guy, perhaps if we need someone to head up the team nursery or something.

We'd be much better off picking someone up like Blount if the Pats cut him or another RB that misses the cut somewhere.

It doesn't say much for the season when in July we're hoping that a player like JW Jr. amounts to something.

I have more faith that Bush will turn into something and that's severely limited too.

JW Jr. sounds like a nice kid though, good family type of guy, perhaps if we need someone to head up the team nursery or something.

We'd be much better off picking someone up like Blount if the Pats cut him or another RB that misses the cut somewhere.

Ugly Troll.

How teams approach the RB Position:

A few teams -- One star back

Most teams -- Running back by committee

The Bills -- Last man standing

• shady -- bar room brawls, still not 100%
  • KW -- fat, high and suspended
  • JW -- drunk and stupid

Ahhhh I get it, he has two kids he must be good at running a nursery.

It's not like he was a running back at FSU or anything.

Ban this troll.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Oh, gosh... look who's crapped in the punchbowl again.

How teams approach the RB Position:

A few teams -- One star back

Most teams -- Running back by committee

The Bills -- Last man standing

• shady -- bar room brawls, still not 100%
  • KW -- fat, high and suspended
  • JW -- drunk and stupid

With our Oline, as long as the back hits the hole he has a good chance to play well.

Geez...it's the most desolate time of the offseason, where nothing is happening, and we've got a story in the news about a guy trying to make the team.

Wilder will be, at best, the 3rd option on the depth chart in week 1, and I can tell you from the bits I've seen of him at FSU that I'd take him ahead of Reggie Bush--a guy that was clearly on the decline before he tore his ACL at the age of 30.

As to Blount, no thanks for multiple reasons: 1) if he can't make the Pats' roster ahead of James White and Branden Bolden, he's not worth much; 2) everywhere else he's been besides NE he's quit on his team.

The Bills are in a very good spot RB-wise, where they can lose 2 RBs to off-field issues and still face the prospect of having a 2-headed attack of Shady and Mike Gillislee.

Now, if they were to suffer another loss due to injury or off-field issues, then that's a different story.

Geez...it's the most desolate time of the offseason, where nothing is happening, and we've got a story in the news about a guy trying to make the team.

Wilder will be, at best, the 3rd option on the depth chart in week 1, and I can tell you from the bits I've seen of him at FSU that I'd take him ahead of Reggie Bush--a guy that was clearly on the decline before he tore his ACL at the age of 30.

As to Blount, no thanks for multiple reasons: 1) if he can't make the Pats' roster ahead of James White and Branden Bolden, he's not worth much; 2) everywhere else he's been besides NE he's quit on his team.

The Bills are in a very good spot RB-wise, where they can lose 2 RBs to off-field issues and still face the prospect of having a 2-headed attack of Shady and Mike Gillislee.

Now, if they were to suffer another loss due to injury or off-field issues, then that's a different story.

Agreed on everything except that Wilder will be AT BEST the third option week one...I dont see Gillislee as clearly being the better back/winning that job. We have a lot of camp and a lot of preseason game action, and I believe in Wilder's skill set...Gillislee played real well last year, but I do think Wilder's size and skills will intrigue Roman and what he wants to achieve down to down...we will see

Agreed on everything except that Wilder will be AT BEST the third option week one...I dont see Gillislee as clearly being the better back/winning that job. We have a lot of camp and a lot of preseason game action, and I believe in Wilder's skill set...Gillislee played real well last year, but I do think Wilder's size and skills will intrigue Roman and what he wants to achieve down to down...we will see

PaattMaann!

Where have you been?

You may end up right about Wilder; I just meant that--at this point--Gillislee has the inside track on the #2 job for week 1 (assuming J-Will gets suspended, since we know Karlos won't be available).

PaattMaann!

Where have you been?

You may end up right about Wilder; I just meant that--at this point--Gillislee has the inside track on the #2 job for week 1 (assuming J-Will gets suspended, since we know Karlos won't be available).

I've been a busy busy guy, was not around the computer much as life picked up..all good and fun things so its worked out : ) But footballs coming back and so am I (I'm going to try) - missed talking football with the best, most intelligent fans in the Bills Mafia

I know what you mean about Gillislee...I am worried about him having to be our number 2 back for the first 2-5 weeks of the season. He had a high YPC last year, but that was inflated to like 4 runs of 40 yards or longer....is that a sign of what he will do regularly if given the time? Or is it a sign that he was a bit lucky? His last game, as the "feature back", was pretty terrible if I remember correctly.

I am on the fence with us bringing in someone else...I guess it wouldnt hurt, but we still need to get The Williams and Shady their touches, and adding a 6th running back is hard to feed...focus on Gillislee and Wilder and hope they work out for the first quarter of the season?