Pick your QB for the next 10 years

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck for me, then Tyrod. For the next 10 years, can't see Rogers, Brady, Brees. After Luck, I like TT the best of the young guys. I would not want Cam, saw all I need to see after he backed away from the fumble in the Super Bowl - that is not the team I want to build, regardless of his obvious talent. The kid Winston in Tampa showed me a lot more than I expected - could be a monster, don't really know that much about his work ethic and character. Mariotta looks skinny to me, but maybe that is just me. Probably unfairly ascribing brother attributes to Carr, but for some reason I keep expecting him to be not so good eventually. So for me for the next ten: Luck, TT, Carr, Winston, Cam, Mariotta, in that order.

And not Sam Bradford ;-) I remember the clamor for that fellow.

Luck for me, then Tyrod. For the next 10 years, can't see Rogers, Brady, Brees. After Luck, I like TT the best of the young guys. I would not want Cam, saw all I need to see after he backed away from the fumble in the Super Bowl - that is not the team I want to build, regardless of his obvious talent. The kid Winston in Tampa showed me a lot more than I expected - could be a monster, don't really know that much about his work ethic and character. Mariotta looks skinny to me, but maybe that is just me. Probably unfairly ascribing brother attributes to Carr, but for some reason I keep expecting him to be not so good eventually. So for me for the next ten: Luck, TT, Carr, Winston, Cam, Mariotta, in that order.

And not Sam Bradford ;-) I remember the clamor for that fellow.

Tyrod over Cam ? Who are you people ?

Yeah, that's crazy. I like Tyrod and like his upside but Cam is at, or near, the best player in the league.

Obviously 2015 was a great year for him but I'm not sure he's in that upper echelon after one successful year.

I guess I want to watch 2016 before I put him up there. 2015 was markedly better than what went before, it's tough to know if it was a fluke or his potential being realised.

I'm not sold on Jameis yet. Winston's completion percentage and touchdown to interception ratio ranked 32nd in the NFL last year. He showed talent but I think he needs to take significant steps forward before he gets near the top guys. I actually think it's fair to argue Mariota had a better season last year in a much worse offense with way less pass attempts, so it wasn't near as sexy as Winston's.

Edited by Chilly

Maybe you guys are seeing something with Carr that I'm not? I think that he's a nice player but I'm not sure that he'd be in my top 5: Cam, Wilson, Luck, Bortles, and Jameis.

Count me among those surprised to see that much of carrs name