Pick your QB for the next 10 years

Brees has a Super Bowl and in all likelihood he will retire as the all time leader in passing yards. He's 3 decent seasons from that. He has a chance to be the all-time leader in TDs as well. He's the most under appreciated player in all of sports.

Common man, are you for reels here?

Do you think that the schmutz on his cheek has anything to do with him being the most under appreciated player in all sports of all time? ^_^

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Common man, are you for reels here?

Do you think that the schmutz on his cheek has anything to do with him being the most under appreciated player in all sports of all time? ^_^

Ha ha, that's quite possible. His hairline isn't too pretty either (then again, neither was Peyton's).

I just never understood it though. There's a really good chance that he retires as the all-time leader in yards and TDs. He's won a Super Bowl. He really is an all-timer and is often treated like an after thought because he's not interesting off the field.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Oh, I understand that I'll be alone on this island. Not saying that I'd pass up Luck/Wilson/Winston if given the chance, just that Teddy is my guy if you put a gun to my head.

His strengths are a perfect fit for the kind of team I would build. I have a clear idea of the guys I want around him. I'm very loosely working on my own playbook with these scheme fits in mind. If I'm going down, I'm going down in my own way (I hate how much like Rex that makes me sound).

Surprised to see this. I think he's an ok qb and makes some nice decisions but that throwing motion.....oooohhhh that throwing motion. Of all the qbs in the nfl, you choose him? What exactly does he do that others don't do?

Maybe you guys are seeing something with Carr that I'm not? I think that he's a nice player but I'm not sure that he'd be in my top 5: Cam, Wilson, Luck, Bortles, and Jameis.

Totally agree. That's my 5 too, in pretty much the same order.

Ha ha, that's quite possible. His hairline isn't too pretty either (then again, neither was Peyton's).

I just never understood it though. There's a really good chance that he retires as the all-time leader in yards and TDs. He's won a Super Bowl. He really is an all-timer and is often treated like an after thought because he's not interesting off the field.

I agree. I would take Brees in his prime (which is still) over P Manning in his prime on every Sunday/Monday/Thursday.

Surprised to see this. I think he's an ok qb and makes some nice decisions but that throwing motion.....oooohhhh that throwing motion. Of all the qbs in the nfl, you choose him? What exactly does he do that others don't do?

What I'd be looking to run is some variation of the West Coast offense. What I want is a QB that excels in the short & intermediate areas, has the placement to allow yards after catch, is cerebral and brings a degree of mobility to the table. For me, I think that's the exact structure that sets Teddy up for success. Why I want him above others is that Teddy understands his limitations deep and won't take undue risks. It's a ball control, clock control scheme.

The reason that he's not regarded that highly by most is because he's been in a scheme that doesn't fit him. I believe he had the most 7-step drops in the NFL with one of the worst pass protection lines in the NFL. He's still the supremely talented QB he was at Louisville but Norv has really struggled to cater for him. If he joins me in my crusade, I'll have him ticking in no time.

I agree. I would take Brees in his prime (which is still) over P Manning in his prime on every Sunday/Monday/Thursday.

In my own very personal opinion Brees has a bit too much of the flutie in him for my liking. Probably a big part of why I'm never going to give him his due.

In my own very personal opinion Brees has a bit too much of the flutie in him for my liking. Probably a big part of why I'm never going to give him his due.

In what sense? His game is almost identical to Peyton's IMO. Both are smart, incredibly accurate and rack up numbers.The only difference is Brees is 6 feet and Peyton 6'5".

In what sense? His game is almost identical to Peyton's IMO. Both are smart, incredibly accurate and rack up numbers.The only difference is Brees is 6 feet and Peyton 6'5".

Totally off field stuff, attitude & demeanor. Just not my cup o' tea. Not at all rational when having a football discussion.

Totally off field stuff, attitude & demeanor. Just not my cup o' tea. Not at all rational when having a football discussion.

Brees doesn't rise to Flutie's level of arrogance. Not even close.

Personally, they don't remind me of each other as players or as men. But to each their own.

If Cam Newton was white this thread would have been titled what QB besides Newton.
If Luck was black he would be getting criticized for his high turnover rate and poor playoff performances. He has 20 more INT's than Russell Wilson.
Oh and which one of these QB's have lost time to injury? The two guys that run a lot and we worry would get hurt over time or the prototypical QB?
Newton is already on par with Brady and Rodgers. Wilson and Brees a notch below. Luck still has more to prove.
Ps. Roethlisberger is a piece of turd as a person and I would not want him on my team, but as a QB talent he is also right behind my top 3

Edited by Dragonborn10

If Cam Newton was white this thread would have been titled what QB besides Newton.

If Luck was black he would be getting criticized for his high turnover rate and poor playoff performances. He has 20 more INT's than Russell Wilson.

Oh and which one of these QB's have lost time to injury? The two guys that run a lot and we worry would get hurt over time or the prototypical QB?

Newton is already on part with Brady and Rodgers. Wilson and Brees a notch below. Luck still has more to prove.

Ps. Roethlisberger is a piece of turd as a person and I would not want him on my team, but as a QB talent he is also right behind my top 3

Maybe I'm being naive, but I'd like to think that's not true. Cam and Wilson have much better teams around them than Luck. When you have to do so much on your own (A. Luck) sometimes things get forced.

But the real reason I jumped in here is to say that while Big Ben may be good, I think he is the ENTIRE turd as a person.

Brees is a regular guy, not the leader of a wacky hillbilly cult involving a father and son.

Newton is already on part with Brady and Rodgers. Wilson and Brees a notch below. Luck still has more to prove.

Newton isn't "on part" with Brady and Rodgers. He's a better athlete than either and his game is far different. But he has no testicular fortitude. He's soft, not a ruthless competitor. Went fetal in the SB.

Maybe you guys are seeing something with Carr that I'm not? I think that he's a nice player but I'm not sure that he'd be in my top 5: Cam, Wilson, Luck, Bortles, and Jameis.

Yup.

And Caaaaayyyyyyyyumm is easily the best right now and still young and just took a team with Greg Olsen as it's top playmaker to a SB.

He'd be even better with the talent the Bills had on offense last year.

If Cam can stay healthy with Kelvin Benjamin coming back.......as bad as they beat down most teams last year..........they could be unwatchably good.

What I'd be looking to run is some variation of the West Coast offense. What I want is a QB that excels in the short & intermediate areas, has the placement to allow yards after catch, is cerebral and brings a degree of mobility to the table. For me, I think that's the exact structure that sets Teddy up for success. Why I want him above others is that Teddy understands his limitations deep and won't take undue risks. It's a ball control, clock control scheme.

The reason that he's not regarded that highly by most is because he's been in a scheme that doesn't fit him. I believe he had the most 7-step drops in the NFL with one of the worst pass protection lines in the NFL. He's still the supremely talented QB he was at Louisville but Norv has really struggled to cater for him. If he joins me in my crusade, I'll have him ticking in no time.

don't hold your breath on Norv.

I like Roethlisberger clones which is why I picked Wentz and Bortles. I really like Wentz as he has that leadership quality as well as knowing how to win a championship which I think will pay off down the road.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I'd like to think that's not true. Cam and Wilson have much better teams around them than Luck. When you have to do so much on your own (A. Luck) sometimes things get forced.

But the real reason I jumped in here is to say that while Big Ben may be good, I think he is the ENTIRE turd as a person.

Agree on full turd

I don't think Cam had much better WR's than Luck. Carolina's defense was better. But Cam lost his best WR in training camp. Olsen is great. But the offense is as entirely dependent on Cam as it is for Luck. Wilson did more as a QB last year than previously as injuries took their toll on the Seahawks running game.

Agree on full turd

I don't think Cam had much better WR's than Luck. Carolina's defense was better. But Cam lost his best WR in training camp. Olsen is great. But the offense is as entirely dependent on Cam as it is for Luck. Wilson did more as a QB last year than previously as injuries took their toll on the Seahawks running game.

agree on cam not having decent WRs last year. One difference is that cam has had a running game to help him and luck has not. I think I read before they signed frank gore last season that luck had never had a RB rush for 100 yards in a game while he has been in Indy. Not sure if that changed or not last year (in the time he actually played).