Help from this draft-class is already fading (Williams DUI)

Ronin

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This definitely isn't a good thing but if the whispers and reports are true he isn't a bubble player. The Bills liked him coming out and apparently he is much better than they even thought. They were thrilled with what he did through the offseason program (DWI excluded). He was a guy that they were quietly raving about.

This definitely isn't a good thing but if the whispers and reports are true he isn't a bubble player. The Bills liked him coming out and apparently he is much better than they even thought. They were thrilled with what he did through the offseason program (DWI excluded). He was a guy that they were quietly raving about.

Quietly spectacular?

I'm curious to see how he bounces back. There's been a few articles about him in the Buffalo News and BB.com about his family's struggles including getting evicted just days before he went to college. For his sake, and selfishly because he sounds like a promising prospect, I hope he can use this as a wake up call and realize that his NFL dreams and his ability to provide for his family can go away in the blink of an eye.

@salsports

Bills statement on report of DWI arrest of Jonathan Williams: We are aware of the report and are in the process of gathering information.."

....We have notified the league office of the report under the rules of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy.

Dude! Get an Uber! Live and learn..

seriously, or call the number the NFL gives to all players for a driver. Or a Lyft. Or pay some employee at the bar/restaurant to drive you home. You are risking others lives and your livelihood by doing something like this.

Perhaps the NFL should partner w/ UBER or Lyft. All players are signed up. Then, increase the penalty to 4 games at least for DUI. No excuse, could kill someone.

seriously, or call the number the NFL gives to all players for a driver. Or a Lyft. Or pay some employee at the bar/restaurant to drive you home. You are risking others lives and your livelihood by doing something like this.

Perhaps the NFL should partner w/ UBER or Lyft. All players are signed up. Then, increase the penalty to 4 games at least for DUI. No excuse, could kill someone.

i think some teams do provide uber credit to their players. This came up when aldon smith got his DUI. Unfortunately, no UBER in WNY. They do however have it in Ar-Kansas.

Just really, really dumb in this day and age. My wife and I Uber just about every time we go to a party now, and I can't afford it like an NFL player can.

+1 I use it as well when I go out, even if I only have a couple. better to be safe than sorry.

i think some teams do provide uber credit to their players. This came up when aldon smith got his DUI. Unfortunately, no UBER in WNY. They do however have it in Ar-Kansas.

+1 I use it as well when I go out, even if I only have a couple. better to be safe than sorry.

Living in Cleveland where Uber and Lyft are available. I live 15 minutes from downtown where many bars are. Last weekend I ubered too and from the bar and in total paid around $20. Parking down there is anywhere from $10-20. Super convenient and a must have for any city that wants to attract out of towners. I cannot believe Buf still doesn't have it. Do the Pegulas have some sort of service for Bills/Sabres to drive their players around since there is no uber and it takes and hour to get a cab?

Living in Cleveland where Uber and Lyft are available. I live 15 minutes from downtown where many bars are. Last weekend I ubered too and from the bar and in total paid around $20. Parking down there is anywhere from $10-20. Super convenient and a must have for any city that wants to attract out of towners. I cannot believe Buf still doesn't have it. Do the Pegulas have some sort of service for Bills/Sabres to drive their players around since there is no uber and it takes and hour to get a cab?

UBER keeps getting voted down by the guys in Albany. Blame Cuomo [shakes fist]

It is the time of unicorns and rainbows. Silly Season has given way to Focused Exuberance as fans fall out of love with their beloved draft prospects that have gone on to live their lives elsewhere and learned to love those to whom they've been wed in an arranged fashion. Good qualities are brought to the forefront while unseemly flaws are overlooked for the moment. Perhaps we can wait until players put on NFL pads before making judgements of their ability or reading too much into what coaches are saying?