Dez Lewis #3 WR?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just not sure how you can say those things about Goodwin without also recognizing that they're all true for Listenbee as well.

Goodwin himself has said that he's actually not in NFL shape right now--he's in Olympic long jump shape; that's much different. He also said that he feels like he's 3/4 of the way through an NFL season, and he's got a long way to go before he'll be ready to train as though it were an NFL offseason. Training camp is 3 weeks away; I don't think he's got time to catch up.

Right now, I have 6 WRs making the roster: Sammy, Woods, Salas, Dez, Hankerson, and Listenbee.

I like Easley as a ST guy, but his injury coupled with the signings of guys like Colt Anderson, Lorenzo Alexander, Jamari Lattimore, and Eric Stryker tells me that his spot is in serious jeopardy.

Just my 1 cent, of course.

I agree, and I think it's more an indication that he makes the team than it is him being a lock for the #3 spot. He'll need to beat out both Hankerson and Salas.

One thing for Easley is they may still PUP him, and come mid season there's a good chance a spot will open up

One thing for Easley is they may still PUP him, and come mid season there's a good chance a spot will open up

I have been a proponent of this , if legally possible, all along NS.

Give some rook or high-esque ceiling bubble guy a chance to develop and later on bring fresh legs back onto the team for the " run".

Patriots would do it

: )

Could be. Anyone heard of a timetable for his return?

I have not read anything in awhile about his recovery. Just about his determination. Which he has excelled at !

Listenbee has been practice squad bound since the start. Salas and Dez will get in and Hankerson/goodwin for that 5th spot.

I know Easley is a fan fave but I have a hunch he isn't going to make the roster this year.

I think Goodwin can pick it up and make the team because what he does is important to our passing attack. Three patterns: go route, the out n up and a his dig route is great like a lot of little dudes who can put on the brakes.

Thats all he needs, he's done it before against good nfl cover guys and he gets separation. He's in great physical shape, just needs to bulk a little which won't be that hard.

I don't see us cutting him when he's healthy just because he's been hurt in the past.

I've seen a lot of love for Salas. I agree he looked at-worst capable as a fill-in last year.

But while he could be as high as the 4th or 5th best prepared to contribute..........his chance of making the team AT ALL may still hinge greatly on the health of the top 2 or 3 at the start of the season.

If Sammy and Woods are healthy they may choose to keep a gamebreakinig speedster or development type(like ListenB) with the knowledge that Salas will probably not catch on with another team if he is cut..........therefore making him a guy they can probably just call up if one of the top 3 is knocked out of action.

If they really care they could help him get a pseudo-job around town so that he stays nearby while he waits for a phone call from interested teams. :thumbsup:

I've seen a lot of love for Salas. I agree he looked at-worst capable as a fill-in last year.

But while he could be as high as the 4th or 5th best prepared to contribute..........his chance of making the team AT ALL may still hinge greatly on the health of the top 2 or 3 at the start of the season.

If Sammy and Woods are healthy they may choose to keep a gamebreakinig speedster or development type(like ListenB) with the knowledge that Salas will probably not catch on with another team if he is cut..........therefore making him a guy they can probably just call up if one of the top 3 is knocked out of action.

If they really care they could help him get a pseudo-job around town so that he stays nearby while he waits for a phone call from interested teams. :thumbsup:

I think that Listenbee will make the team, but I believe that whoever earns the 3 role will need to be able to block. That's something that Kolby is deficient in right now.

I do think that he'll get 5-8 snaps/game for the exact purpose of threatening the defense with his deep speed.

It's entirely possible that the Bills WR corps will include at least one player cut from another team. I'm not making any judgements until I see some preseason games - or at least TC action.

Yeah the reality is that the Bills do not actually even have a 3rd, 4th or 5th receiver at this point.

As much as I like some of the athletic traits of these guys........4 of the 7 main guys battling for those last 3-4 roster spots have already been most recently cut elsewhere......and not for salary reasons, because they weren't getting the job done.

The rest haven't done much of anything as receivers in the NFL.

Yeah the reality is that the Bills do not actually even have a 3rd, 4th or 5th receiver at this point.

As much as I like some of the athletic traits of these guys........4 of the 7 main guys battling for those last 3-4 roster spots have already been most recently cut elsewhere......and not for salary reasons, because they weren't getting the job done.

I'm hoping Lews makes the strides from year one to two. Sounds like he wants to do it, and is working hard to get there.

I think the true reality is asking the question which teams have "established" 3rd, 4th, and 5th string WRs? Aren't most teams going through this same analysis on pretty much a yearly basis?

I think the true reality is asking the question which teams have "established" 3rd, 4th, and 5th string WRs? Aren't most teams going through this same analysis on pretty much a yearly basis?

Depends on what your definition of "established" is.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope it's Lewis. But my honest pick is Salas.

If ole Dez continues his trending though , he might be Tyrods BFF by seasons end !

We both know Listenbee is a longshot Marty, but i too have high hopes for the kid

yep! sometimes the long shots pay off the most. all i know is im gonna enjoy this season. Salas is a proven solid back up WR did good vs the Jets in wk17 hell def get his share of RECs this season

yep! sometimes the long shots pay off the most. all i know is im gonna enjoy this season. Salas is a proven solid back up WR did good vs the Jets in wk17 hell def get his share of RECs this season

Lal Likes him quite well. Hope both he and Lewis can get it rolling.

• 2 weeks later...