Unpopular opinion thread

Do you even read my posts? :lol: This is the exact same thing I have been saying. Your comments in this thread reflect that you either haven't read anything I've posted or you don't understand it.

Yes I know you think they will be good, just teasing you about how upset you will be when it happens.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I know you think they will be good, just teasing you about how upset you will be when it happens.

don't sell Buckeye Nation short on how much we want the rivalry back, and how much the conference needs that program to be elite again. Edited by YoloinOhio

If I understand this thread's intentions..

The Brothers Ryan together do not come close to matching Buddy Ryan's coaching ability. They have many of Buddy's traits, but, not the ones that make coaches successful.

Well, this is the unpopular opinion thread. And I'm not intending to demean Thurman who deserves to be the HOF.

But when Fred was in his prime (a short-lived prime, to be sure) and healthy (not often enough), I was in awe of his ability to consistently make something out of nothing. I think both Eric Moulds and Fred Jackson tend to be underrated because (#1) they played on losing teams, (#2) and their statistics didn't fully reflect their ability largely because of #1.

Moulds and Fred Jackson don't belong in the same category.

Moulds was a turd of a human being as a Bill off the field and on, where he famously quit on the team in Miami.

His talent was GREATLY overestimated by young Bills fans at the time.

He peaked in 1998 and then came back over muscled and heavy legged and never was able to replicate that gameday speed of 1998 again........his yards per reception declined rapidly and he couldn't gain separation and subsequently whined for PI flags like no Bills receiver before or since.

Jackson never had elite talent but he actually got better as he got older because he adapted and got wiser as he played.

Moulds was a hard head who never really adapted to his declining skills.

These two had nothing in common.

You are fixated on a few games and are ignoring the circumstances in which he found each of the last 3 teams he has coached. To me, that is a strange way to judge him. He has been on the move 3 times in the past 9 years. And a guy like Swinney has been around one team for the same amount of time and played in one really "big game"..and lost.

Bottom line on Harbaugh vs. Liar:

If the Bills had the choice to hire one or the other..........who would you want?

Harbaugh.

Not even close.

As I have stated, Harbaugh still has much to prove. From your comment, you think he has already reached expectations?

it will be, and he did quite well last year for taking over a floundering team that went 5 -7 the year before and took them to a bowl win over Florida. Harbaugh has nothing to prove, he cold retire right now and still be considered an elite coach.

Moulds and Fred Jackson don't belong in the same category.

Moulds was a turd of a human being as a Bill off the field and on, where he famously quit on the team in Miami.

His talent was GREATLY overestimated by young Bills fans at the time.

He peaked in 1998 and then came back over muscled and heavy legged and never was able to replicate that gameday speed of 1998 again........his yards per reception declined rapidly and he couldn't gain separation and subsequently whined for PI flags like no Bills receiver before or since.

Jackson never had elite talent but he actually got better as he got older because he adapted and got wiser as he played.

Moulds was a hard head who never really adapted to his declining skills.

These two had nothing in common.

I think you're underestimating Moulds' talent. I think now maybe Sammy surpasses him, but before that, I think he was the most talented receiver we have ever had.

it will be, and he did quite well last year for taking over a floundering team that went 5 -7 the year before and took them to a bowl win over Florida. Harbaugh has nothing to prove, he cold retire right now and still be considered an elite coach.

aim higher

A good Michigan team is good for college football. I miss rooting against them.

Maybe to Big Ten fans, but the rest of the nation has moved on from the days when that conference was representative of the best college football. I don't think the vast majority of college football fans care that Michigan hasn't been relevant for some time now. Same for schools like Penn State--no one cares that they are no longer part of the conversation. It's all about the SEC.

Bills fans vastly overrate the 2004 Pittsburgh game as one of the worst losses in franchise history. Everyone talks about that game like they were playing UB. The Steelers were a very deep and talented team who happened to have young backups like Willie Parker, Ike Taylor and James Harrison, who became mainstays for the Steelers the following year. Hardly 'scrubs' as they've been described here over the years.

Even sitting whoever they sat that day, Pittsburgh was still a better team.

Jacksonville was the infuriating game from that season.

Yes! I have opined regularly that those "backups" that beat the Bills that day were some of the stars of SB winning teams just a few years later.

Here are some of mine:

Ralph wasn't a great owner. He held the fans hostage for the 00's, sold games to a different city, and oversaw 60 years of futility with 1 good decade. Much of the failings of the Bills can be pointed at not investing in the "other side" of the team. Going cheap on facilities, coaches, and trainers/training.

As I've seen here... Marv wasn't a great coach. He was a good coach who was given a great team. As others opined if Parcells, JJ, or Gibbs were the Bills coaches they have a SB.

Aaron Rodgers wouldn't be Aaron Rodgers if the Bills had their pick and took him. The fact that he got to sit, learn, and adjust is what made him as good as he is.

I think you're underestimating Moulds' talent. I think now maybe Sammy surpasses him, but before that, I think he was the most talented receiver we have ever had.

In 1998, yes. One of the greatest seasons ever by a Bill and definitely the best receiving season in Bills history.

But he never came close to replicating that season where he was running over, around and thru everyone but his fans kept projecting that talent level on him and expecting it to return but it never did.

Yes! I have opined regularly that those "backups" that beat the Bills that day were some of the stars of SB winning teams just a few years later.

Here are some of mine:

Ralph wasn't a great owner. He held the fans hostage for the 00's, sold games to a different city, and oversaw 60 years of futility with 1 good decade. Much of the failings of the Bills can be pointed at not investing in the "other side" of the team. Going cheap on facilities, coaches, and trainers/training.

As I've seen here... Marv wasn't a great coach. He was a good coach who was given a great team. As others opined if Parcells, JJ, or Gibbs were the Bills coaches they have a SB.

Aaron Rodgers wouldn't be Aaron Rodgers if the Bills had their pick and took him. The fact that he got to sit, learn, and adjust is what made him as good as he is.

If not 2 or 3. Marv was another cheap hire by Ralph.

Imagine this place upon the hiring a guy with a .425 winning % and no playoffs on his resume.