Weezer, last rock band alive ?

22 members have voted

1. 1. Does Weezer kick ass ?

• Yes
    • No

Last rock band alive?

Rock has had a resurgance, lately, with the alternative scene getting more mainstream attention.

The late 90s - 00s were a tough time for pop rock, but it seems to be on the upswing.

I saw Weezer near Seoul, S. Korea in '08, I think. One of the best concerts I've been to.

They're definitely in my top 10 of all time and the White album is awesome.

Last rock band alive?

Rock has had a resurgance, lately, with the alternative scene getting more mainstream attention..

taking my 12 year old stepson to see 21 pilots at canal side tonight. I like their sound too, and I've seen good reviews of their live shows.

Last rock band alive?

Rock has had a resurgance, lately, with the alternative scene getting more mainstream attention.

The late 90s - 00s were a tough time for pop rock, but it seems to be on the upswing.

I saw Weezer near Seoul, S. Korea in '08, I think. One of the best concerts I've been to.

They're definitely in my top 10 of all time and the White album is awesome.

Yea ? Who am I missing out on ?

I've had to transition to the country scene a little lately.

Got my Weezer tkts. It's a go !!

Edited by Ryan L Billz

weezer, yes. since like what 94? 95? the sweater song, all of that fueled my middle school days in what was not considered rock at the time - it was the closest i would come to actually non country.

there are a few rock bands out there still, but they're not like they were just 10 years ago. 30stm, linkin park were pop rock. other bands, maybe disturbed is the most commercial hard rock out there.

either way, 90's and early 2000's country blows a lot fo that stuff out of the water.

I'm not a huge Weezer fan, but I do have to say they kick ass live.

As far as rock being dead, you couldn't be further from the truth. The Flatliners, Matt Mays, Against Me!, The Menzingers, The Gaslight Anthem, Red City Radio...I could go on. Plus lots of harder/metal types that don't interest me as much but are objectively good bands. There's plenty to carry the torch, they just aren't topping the charts like they might have back in the day.

Against me I love but haven't heard much since the sex change.

Weezer was awesome live have a video on phone but can't get it to post here. Rivers is a monster guitarist, loudest show I've seen at the amphitheater.

Panic at the disco were openers and had all the little girls going crazy.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

90's had Rage, Smashing Pumpkins, NIN, Nirvana, Tool. It didn't die in the 80's

beat me to it. Not to mention Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Monster Magnet, Foo Fighters, STP, Janes Addiction, Dinasaur Jr, System of a Down, Radiohead.........