MMQB Profile of Marquise Goodwin

Sixteen years of failure have made many Bills fans jaded idiots. And others seem to have just been born that way. Goodwin doesn't owe you or the Bills anything. This isn't North Korea. If he's deemed to not be good enough, he'll be let go.

The guy fell just short of a lifelong dream and you have the keyboard gangsters openly mocking him. It would be one thing if he was a known bad seed or a guy that had been caught doing something wrong in his personal life. On the contrary, Goodwin has been close with his wheelchair-bound sister since birth and the Olympic dream was one that he shared with her.

:worthy:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sixteen years of failure have made many Bills fans jaded idiots. And others seem to have just been born that way. Goodwin doesn't owe you or the Bills anything. This isn't North Korea. If he's deemed to not be good enough, he'll be let go.

The guy fell just short of a lifelong dream and you have the keyboard gangsters openly mocking him. It would be one thing if he was a known bad seed or a guy that had been caught doing something wrong in his personal life. On the contrary, Goodwin has been close with his wheelchair-bound sister since birth and the Olympic dream was one that he shared with her.

Yeah, thats kind of where I am with this, too. So many times, people cut their goals short for one reason or another. He had a chance to do something that meant alot to him, so why not take it. He doesnt owe anything to the Bills or the fans.

They made the choice to pay him alot to play football, and it hasnt worked out. They will probably make the choice to cut him this offseason (at least they probably should).

Knowing what I know of Goodwin, it probably wont stop him from leading the life he wants anyway. He and his family are really into the whole track scene, so him coaching someday seems about right.

[quote name="mrags" post="3977693" timestamp="1467608262

He's apparently not good enough to qualify for the Olympics either. So he pretty much stinks at 2 sports.

Well, Mrags, actually, he was drafted in the third round by the Buffalo Bills and so far has played three years in the NFL, probably making more money in those three years than you have made in your whole life. And as a matter of fact, he was good enough to make the olympics in the long jump and represented the United States in London at the 2012 games. So maybe you can explain how you conclude that Goodwin "stinks at two sports". Most people would say he is among the best in the world at two sports.

When we last heard from you, you were complaining that there were 25 pages of posts in one of the other Goodwin threads, and here you are polluting yet another thread with your pathetic non-takes about this guy. What's the deal? Did you find Glass's contact information on your wife's cellphone?

Edited by mannc

Well, Mrags, actually, he was drafted in the third round by the Buffalo Bills and so far has played three years in the NFL, probably making more money in those three years than you have made in your whole life. And as a matter of fact, he was good enough to make the olympics in the long jump and represented the United States in London at the 2012 games. So maybe you can explain how you conclude that Goodwin "stinks at two sports". Most people would say he is among the best in the world at two sports.

When we last heard from you, you were complaining that there were 25 pages of posts in one of the other Goodwin threads, and here you are polluting yet another thread with your pathetic non-takes about this guy. What's the deal? Did you find Glass's contact information on your wife's cellphone?

You should have thrown in your stance on guns for good measure.....gotta be "all in" 😎

I am sure folks are correct about his training affecting his football condition.

But that is what he dreamed of doing, so good on him to go for it.

I hope he can turn his focus to football 110 % and see if he has what it takes.

If he does not make the team , so be it.

But i do think he is a good kid and i always root for Bills players.

When you sign a contract and are paid a lot of money to do a job you should be making every effort to succeed at it.

I'm not sure where that got lost with some of you, but it's kind-of a basic element of what we call civilization.

We get it........some of you were afraid to chase your dreams and now you wish you weren't as scared or concerned about the perception of your character......but that's life.

The bottom line is that the guy chased a personal goal at the expense of his employer.

Skeevy.

In the end, the one's he f*cked the most will probably be his own family.......that's the thing about selfish behavior.

They could probably use that second contract that he may now never get.

But he has a chance. Now he's gotta' do it. It's all in front of him and no more reasons to half-step.

I am sure his sister would settle for NFL success.......a slightly higher regarded endeavor in this country than the individual "long jump" :flirt: ...... in place of an olympic medal. :thumbsup:

When you sign a contract and are paid a lot of money to do a job you should be making every effort to succeed at it.

I'm not sure where that got lost with some of you, but it's kind-of a basic element of what we call civilization.

We get it........some of you were afraid to chase your dreams and now you wish you weren't as scared or concerned about the perception of your character......but that's life.

The bottom line is that the guy chased a personal goal at the expense of his employer.

Skeevy.

In the end, the one's he f*cked the most will probably be his own family.......that's the thing about selfish behavior.

But he has a chance. Now he's gotta' do it. It's all in front of him and no more reasons to half-step.

I am sure his sister would settle for NFL success.......a slightly higher regarded endeavor in this country than the individual "long jump" :flirt: ...... in place of an olympic medal. :thumbsup:

Sweet Mary, mother of Jesus. I'm in agreement with #BADOL.

Thankfully, Marquise seems to have his head on straight and judging by his post-trials comments he's going to take a couple of days to "get right" and then focus on football -- you know, his JOB.

I was rooting for him to get there. But now I'll root for him at SJF, which is even better. And he can avoid the Zika, etc.

he won't be getting zika because he's not in Brazil. but from the guys i've known who have gone to the olympics to compete it is more or less the wildest party you'll ever go to and so much sex with world class hot athletes you'll get sick. sydney was supposed to be one of the best summer olympic parties ever and whichever winter olympics was after was supposed to be great.

Should have been focused on football the whole time. Dez Lewis is. Listenbee is. Would hate to see a player that wants it real bad cut over someone who has shown nothing except a fast 40 time and is more interested in track. When there are guys like Corey Knox that says he would die to make his NFL dream come true and trains every day and stands out in front of the stadium with a sign begging for another chance, it's a total slap in the face for Goodwin to say he would rather do track and football is a hobby that pays the bills. I fully support the dreams of all Olympians and maybe it's the Bills that are holding Goodwin back. Cut him loose so he can get ready for 2020!

he won't be getting zika because he's not in Brazil. but from the guys i've known who have gone to the olympics to compete it is more or less the wildest party you'll ever go to and so much sex with world class hot athletes you'll get sick. sydney was supposed to be one of the best summer olympic parties ever and whichever winter olympics was after was supposed to be great.

I have heard the same thing. And yet, you have relentlessly attacked Goodwin for wanting to go....And of course Goodwin did make the London Olympics, so he undeniably has "Olympic-level talent", despite your blathering to the contrary.

your analogy of best korea has no logic behind it. this is a guy who has not shown nfl talent. this is a guy who in 5 years will be equal to james hardy, darick rodgers, etc... far below roscoe parrish, josh reed, etc.

the whole keyboard gangsters comment is just as silly and pathetic. because someone opposes your view means that they perpetuate aggressive bulliness? you state your opinion, others will state theirs. there are no facts in this opinion side of the matter but there are facts:

goodwin is no longer olympic talent, and barely ever way.

goodwin is no longer an nfl talent.

of those, he had the best chance for success in the nfl which will pay him better and allow him to take care of his family best.

he chose poorly.

see below.

Skeevy.

amen.

Skeevy.

So according to you, those that support Goodwin are people that were too afraid to chase their own dreams? That actually makes sense to you? If anything, you'd think it would be the opposite.

Anyway, to someone who apparently sees the world in only dollars and cents, it's obvious as to why you're clueless about this whole thing.

freddie's came and ate his crow.

26CB needs to come eat his, too.

I have heard the same thing. And yet, you have relentlessly attacked Goodwin for wanting to go....And of course Goodwin did make the London Olympics, so he undeniably has "Olympic-level talent", despite your blathering to the contrary.

had been an olympic talent. not has. he has choked the last 2 years when the pressure was on.

qualifying for the olympics isn't all that hard. i've known a dozen athletes to qualify for the olympics to get their ass beat. to get to the olympics in the long jump is being one of the best 200 long jumpers in the world - an amazing feat - but hardly would you consider it to be the best of the best.

in the nfl he was among the top 100 players at his position when he was picked.

So according to you, those that support Goodwin are people that were too afraid to chase their own dreams? That actually makes sense to you? If anything, you'd think it would be the opposite.

Anyway, to someone who apparently sees the world in only dollars and cents, it's obvious as to why you're clueless about this whole thing.

he did not make a sweeping generalization. he said some people were afraid to chase their dreams. that nullifies the rest of your weak argument so there was no need to read on.

Edited by Boyst62

Should have been focused on football the whole time. Dez Lewis is. Listenbee is. Would hate to see a player that wants it real bad cut over someone who has shown nothing except a fast 40 time and is more interested in track. When there are guys like Corey Knox that says he would die to make his NFL dream come true and trains every day and stands out in front of the stadium with a sign begging for another chance, it's a total slap in the face for Goodwin to say he would rather do track and football is a hobby that pays the bills. I fully support the dreams of all Olympians and maybe it's the Bills that are holding Goodwin back. Cut him loose so he can get ready for 2020!

When it comes down to it, whether a guy considers it a hobby, or passion- it makes for fun chatter here but doesn't much matter.

Can he run the routes, catch the balls, and take the hits? We will see, just like we will with Dez or listenbee.

qualifying for the olympics isn't all that hard. i've known a dozen athletes to qualify for the olympics to get their ass beat.

I think I speak for everyone on this board when I say that no one gives a rat's ass how many Olympic athletes you claim to have "known", and even you had known dozens, it would lend zero credibility to your argument. Next, you'll be regaling us with stories of your own athletic prowess...spare us, please.

Would Dez Lewis have shown so much promise this summer if he was taking time off to practice his shot put?

Who knows. Who knows how much he's even really showing. Soon enough they will pop on the pads and start playing and we will find out where they all really are.

Who knows. Who knows how much he's even really showing. Soon enough they will pop on the pads and start playing and we will find out where they all really are.

and that is all that really matters isn't it ?

Plenty of conjecture here.

Being a fan of Goodwin in the general sense, i feel he has plenty to prove as an NFL player this season.

I think I speak for everyone on this board when I say that no one gives a rat's ass how many Olympic athletes you claim to have "known", and even you had known dozens, it would lend zero credibility to your argument. Next, you'll be regaling us with stories of your own athletic prowess...spare us, please.

so if you don't give a rats ass about JBoysts stories, why do you care about the loser that hasn't finished more than 8 games in a season and has amassed a grand total of 20 catches, 3 TDs and a handful of yards in 3 years?

And as I've said before as I'll reply to your comment to me... It's not about me and what I've done in my life. This is about Glass. He stinks. And no he did t leave his number on my wife's phone. To my knowledge, he's married and since he's such a saint I'm sure he's faithful. But if I did find his number on my wife's phone we would be arguing this because I'd kill him in a New York Minute.