Gilmore hints at training camp holdout

These guys sign a contract and than get all high and mighty when they excel. Sickening. They talk about millions like they really deserve it. Work your whole contract and than work out a new deal. Hold out my butt. Do they really have a brain or is the agent it.

You do realize that is exactly what gilmore is doing right?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why do championship teams like NE and Seattle pay huge dollars to Revis and Sherman?

Wow, NE still paying Revis?? I thought I read somewhere they simply stopped paying him after 2014.

In that case, pay Gilmore what the pats are paying Revis! He's earned it

He is going to play.

But he is going to get paid.

and it may not be the Bills, clearly he is thinking that.

Nothing wrong with confidence.

and i do not expect him in training camp. at this point.

Wow, NE still paying Revis?? I thought I read somewhere they simply stopped paying him after 2014.

I would not have paid Revis what Pats paid Revis.

Much less Gilmore.

You're above this level of obfuscation

They paid him huge money in an attempt to win a super bowl--it worked

Ehh just part of the business, I'm not going to get caught up in it. I hope they don't overpay him, I would like him back but not with a top five CB price tag.

The Bills should have locked him up last year. They will not keep him if he stays healthy this season.

I wish he would hold out to force Whaley to sign him. Gilmore needs to be signed before the season. Then all the FO has to do is wait and see what happens with TT. If he is a star he gets tagged. If he is average then he has no leverage for a new contract.

These guys sign a contract and than get all high and mighty when they excel. Sickening. They talk about millions like they really deserve it. Work your whole contract and than work out a new deal. Hold out my butt. Do they really have a brain or is the agent it.

You are wrong in every possible way.

First, their salaries are slotted as rookies so they aren't getting paid what the true market would pay them.

Second, the teams have no obligation to honor the contract. They cut injured, aging, or simply over-priced players all the time often times with years and millions of dollars left in the contract. Please explain how this is fair? Can't wait to read it.

You are wrong in every possible way.

First, their salaries are slotted as rookies so they aren't getting paid what the true market would pay them.

Second, the teams have no obligation to honor the contract. They cut injured, aging, or simply over-priced players all the time often times with years and millions of dollars left in the contract. Please explain how this is fair? Can't wait to read it.

It's fair because they agree to it. Just like they agree to the rookie scale.

I wish he would hold out to force Whaley to sign him. Gilmore needs to be signed before the season. Then all the FO has to do is wait and see what happens with TT. If he is a star he gets tagged. If he is average then he has no leverage for a new contract.

I think Whaley IS trying to sign him.

Ehh just part of the business, I'm not going to get caught up in it. I hope they don't overpay him, I would like him back but not with a top five CB price tag.

can't imagine he is staying if we pay TT $15m+, not enough $$ to go around. he will be a cap casualty IMO. if Rex's defense works the way it is supposed to, don't need pro bowl CBs, just guys who can cover for 2-3 seconds .... bc the ball is coming out fast.

I don't like the way this one is shaping up. If both TT and Gilmore perform at high level AND Whaley can get them both signed, then Whaley has to be GM of the Year, or whatever they call it, because we'd have a max dollar edge rusher, max dollar DL, plus top dollar LT, QB, TE, RB and CB. Not sure any other team has that all at the same time without the rest of the team being bunch of losers, which we are not.

Is there a salary cap-ologist in the house to straighten this out for me?

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

He should do what he needs to do. NFL players are used, abused, and then thrown away when they lose value or get hurt. He should make sure he gets his before he suffers an injury that hurts his earning potential. Every person in his shoes should do the same thing.

You're above this level of obfuscation

They paid him huge money in an attempt to win a super bowl--it worked

So by paying Revis all that money--that's what "worked"? True, he did have that killer endzone INT to seal it for the NE SB win....

Well, if that is what Revis is paid huge money for, it only worked for that one team. Every other team that pays him huge money sees it completely wasted on one player who cannot even get their team to the playoffs. Go figure..

So by paying Revis all that money--that's what "worked"? True, he did have that killer endzone INT to seal it for the NE SB win....

Well, if that is what Revis is paid huge money for, it only worked for that one team. Every other team that pays him huge money sees it completely wasted on one player who cannot even get their team to the playoffs. Go figure..

Yes it worked

If it's your opinion that the waiver wire pickup who didn't start a single game and was forced into action in the playoffs due to injury that pushed them over the edge, then so be it.

My opinion is that the guy often touted as one of the best CBs ever to play the game, who started 16 games and had 14 PBUs had far more to do with their success that season than the guy that made one single play.

And you're completely missing the point, which is that the best teams in the league often shell out huge dollars to CBs.

And it's worked.

If you want to debate the merits, by all means feel free to offer something beyond "well that one guy made that one play".

I use to be in the camp of being upset when a player held out.

I get it from Gilmore's point of view. I think the Bills will get a deal done and Gilmore will get to sit out two weeks of camp. I do not see this going the way of Byrd or Peters. many vets do not want to be at camp. A CB like Gilmore does not want to be in camp most likely. Gilmore knows he can miss a couple weeks and be fine. The fact that Gilmore showed up to mini camp is a positive sign not a negative.

I get it from Gilmore's point of view. I think the Bills will get a deal done and Gilmore will get to sit out two weeks of camp. I do not see this going the way of Byrd or Peters. many vets do not want to be at camp. A CB like Gilmore does not want to be in camp most likely. Gilmore knows he can miss a couple weeks and be fine. The fact that Gilmore showed up to mini camp is a positive sign not a negative.

I don't like it when players hold out, but I understand it.

That said, Gilmore hasn't held out, and there doesn't seem to be any strong indication that he will.

I didn't think Gilmore was worth the 11 million he is getting. You do not pay corners over 10 mil a year. 4-6 in the back field which means you need 4-6 good guys not 1 stud and average guys. Best pass coverage is a good pass rush!!!!

Doesn't matter right now but he needs his legs under him so camp is important. I remember when Revis signed late, he was worthless for half a season. Gilmore does get hurt allot to and has missed camp time before with small injuries. 7-8 mil/yr no more.

Edited by USABuffaloFan

I didn't think Gilmore was worth the 11 million he is getting. You do not pay corners over 10 mil a year. 4-6 in the back field which means you need 4-6 good guys not 1 stud and average guys. Best pass coverage is a good pass rush!!!!

Doesn't matter right now but he needs his legs under him so camp is important. I remember when Revis signed late, he was worthless for half a season. Gilmore does get hurt allot to and has missed camp time before with small injuries. 7-8 mil/yr no more.

There is absolutely zero chance he signs for that--here or anywhere else.

Big difference between missing a week or two of camp... And showing up a few days before the first game. I can't recall how long Revis' held out for.

Is personally feel like Gilmore and Whaley have it figured out and this will be a non factor.