Gilmore hints at training camp holdout

Ignoring the possibility that a tag might be needed for Tyrod Taylor or another player, the Bills could franchise Gilmore for 2017 and 2018 and he would not hit $15M per year on average from 2016-2018. Each side must gain something for a deal to get done. The Bills will pay a little less than what Gilmore would get as a FA (probably about $14M per season), they'll get a 5 season contract length and Gilmore will get guaranteed/paid a whole lot of money.

Bills have an interesting dilemma. Franchise TT or Gilmore? I think whoever doesn't get franchised is gone next year, unless the Bills pony up the monay. Let's say TT and Gilmore both have good seasons but the Bills miss the playoffs again. Do you stick around or look for greener pastures?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure he does want $15M a year. I don't see him getting that much though. It's what is known as a "starting point" in negotiations. Gilmore will also want other things, like a bunch of guaranteed money. He'll get that, but he'll have to give up some of that yearly average to get it. (He's not accepting a 5 year, $75M contract that pays $15M/season with no guarantees or signing bonus.). He wants cash or full guarantees far in excess of his guaranteed $11M salary this season. He's going to have to give to get that.

Ignoring the possibility that a tag might be needed for Tyrod Taylor or another player, the Bills could franchise Gilmore for 2017 and 2018 and he would not hit $15M per year on average from 2016-2018. Each side must gain something for a deal to get done. The Bills will pay a little less than what Gilmore would get as a FA (probably about $14M per season), they'll get a 5 season contract length and Gilmore will get guaranteed/paid a whole lot of money.

The franchise tag for a cb this year is 13.9 mil. it goes up about a mil a year or so so next year would be 15 mil and the year after would be 18 mil.

$12.5MM/yr. The Bills are offering somewhere around $13MM. Gilmore wants $15MM+.

you sure?

Bust!!!

Personally, I would have no problem with him holding out. I would probably do that if I was in his shoes. Too much risk playing on a one year deal. But Gilmore is a great character guy. If he talked and celebrated more, people would realize how good he truly is.

Thats a bullshoot attitude C.

You have a contract to honor

Bills have an interesting dilemma. Franchise TT or Gilmore? I think whoever doesn't get franchised is gone next year, unless the Bills pony up the monay. Let's say TT and Gilmore both have good seasons but the Bills miss the playoffs again. Do you stick around or look for greener pastures?

poopoo.

Pay TT when he shows off his progress. Tag Stephon because its cheaper to tag him then TT. simple math for me.

But they both can get done if needed.

the whole winning team thing is an X factor at this point. ask Byrd

Pay TT when he shows off his progress. Tag Stephon because its cheaper to tag him then TT. simple math for me.

But they both can get done if needed.

the whole winning team thing is an X factor at this point. ask Byrd

If I can find a bridge deal for Tyrod I do it but my preference is sign Gilmore and leave myself the tage option for TT.

If TT has another year the same as the last (decent but still obvious weaknesses) then I am not ready to tie myself into a 5 year $20m deal. If that scenario plays out the tag gives me one more suck it and see year before I have to make that call.