Gilmore hints at training camp holdout

Since he according to an unreliable source Vic wants the highest paying CB contract in NFL no wonder he wants to hold out. Probably channeling the dead agent Parker.

Give him a contract based on incentives including number of games started/finished and number of tackles. Those will reduce numbers a bit.

Stipulate he owes one game check for every time he attempts a shoulder tackle without wrapping up.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well we hope he is anyway.......

I am trying to figure out where Stephon has really done anything to raise the ire of anyone

He cracked a Marshawn Lynch joke

He is here for mini camp

We are not talking abut byrd or peters here

for example, Eric Berry is a no-show at minicamp for the Chefs as he seeks an extension. Assuming he wants to be the highest paid safety (again).

el oh el

same old bills

Go ahead, explain how...this should be amusing.

well we hope he is anyway.......

I am trying to figure out where Stephon has really done anything to raise the ire of anyone

He cracked a Marshawn Lynch joke

He is here for mini camp

We are not talking abut byrd or peters here

True--guys don't typically hold out after showing up for minicamp.

If he cannot stay healthy he should not be asking for top salary.

Just out of curiosity, who do you think has missed more games due to injury in their 4-year careers: Gilmore or Josh Norman? No cheating.

Since he according to an unreliable source Vic wants the highest paying CB contract in NFL no wonder he wants to hold out. Probably channeling the dead agent Parker.

Give him a contract based on incentives including number of games started/finished and number of tackles. Those will reduce numbers a bit.

He'll never agree to it

No worries it appears:

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills CB Stephon Gilmore said he wouldn't sit out of training camp practices if he doesn't have a new deal by then.

I guess they're not that close yet. Just before a deal is struck is usually when both sides bring out the heavy guns and rhetoric is most fervent. Coaches talk up back ups. GMs leak horrifically skewed alleged demands to the media. Agents do the same. Players skip practices and decide to vacation in another hemisphere. Then, almost as if by magic, a deal gets struck and everyone's happy and bestest buddies again.

I guess they're not that close yet. Just before a deal is struck is usually when both sides bring out the heavy guns and rhetoric is most fervent. Coaches talk up back ups. GMs leak horrifically skewed alleged demands to the media. Agents do the same. Players skip practices and decide to vacation in another hemisphere. Then, almost as if by magic, a deal gets struck and everyone's happy and bestest buddies again.

Hah!

Yep.

Pretty sure that pattern emerged in the Dareus and Incognito deals, though not so much in the Hughes and Glenn deals.

These guys sign a contract and than get all high and mighty when they excel. Sickening. They talk about millions like they really deserve it. Work your whole contract and than work out a new deal. Hold out my butt. Do they really have a brain or is the agent it.

These guys sign a contract and than get all high and mighty when they excel. Sickening. They talk about millions like they really deserve it. Work your whole contract and than work out a new deal. Hold out my butt. Do they really have a brain or is the agent it.

First off, he hasn't held out.

Secondly, do you really mean--in light of all the research being done as to the long-term health effects of this game--to marginalize the idea that these kids need to get as much money as they can while they can get it?

Not when they sign a contract. What does a contract mean if they can change it because they didn't know about long term health? You are kidding me. They are not kids.

Did you just come out of a 25-year deep sleep or something? Welcome to Professional Sports Contract Negotiation Strategy 101.

Not when they sign a contract. What does a contract mean if they can change it because they didn't know about long term health? You are kidding me. They are not kids.

The contract means the same thing as it does to the team, who can cut the player at any time. This isn't new, and it's not going away.

And yes, absolutely, they're kids. Gilmore is 25 years old; he's got 2/3 of his life left (provided he can get out of football without serious injury).

Perhaps you think he has no right to try to maximize the amount that he earns while he's in his physical prime; that's for you to decide. I happen to think he has not only the right, but the responsibility to himself, his family, and future generations of both his family and NFL football players to maximize his value, as long as he does it in a professional manner. He's under contract, and he showed up to the mandatory minicamp even though he's recovering from surgery.

What, exactly, is the problem here?

Correct. Then he scored 50 million dozen dimes guarenteed

Don't talk about Dareus and dimes; he might have flash back to dime bags,

First off, he hasn't held out.

Secondly, do you really mean--in light of all the research being done as to the long-term health effects of this game--to marginalize the idea that these kids need to get as much money as they can while they can get it?

Yes but soaking up all the money on a team sport will just result in players getting demolished because cheap players in front miss tackle and CB needs to do Deion impression or hit when being tackled.

Don't talk about Dareus and dimes; he might have flash back to dime bags,

Yes but soaking up all the money on a team sport will just result in players getting demolished because cheap players in front miss tackle and CB needs to do Deion impression or hit when being tackled.

Then why do championship teams like NE and Seattle pay huge dollars to Revis and Sherman?