Von Miller contract negotiations; update - signed

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He made his mark from running the blog from profootballtalk called "The Rumor Mill." The posts he writes are now under the heading, "Latest News and Rumors." I'm no big fan of his at all, but he is not a journalist reporting just the news, nor should he be thought of as one, nor held to that standard. He's a self-proclaimed rumorist.

with a degree in the Law. interesting isn't it?

and by that standard you probably dont want to read florio.

as a place that compiles stories from local news, some rumors and occasional interpretation of situations/rules/etc.... its not that bad. but dont take it TOO serious (its just football "news" afterall)

It is simply that.

at least they are willing to admit mistakes. and they bring in more than one point of view to spin

He made his mark from running the blog from profootballtalk called "The Rumor Mill." The posts he writes are now under the heading, "Latest News and Rumors." I'm no big fan of his at all, but he is not a journalist reporting just the news, nor should he be thought of as one, nor held to that standard. He's a self-proclaimed rumorist.

You bring up a good point, who is a journalist anymore? What constitutes one? The line between rumor and truth is so blurry these days. The way information is shared at the rate it is shared, it is hard to tell if someone is editorializing or giving a fact.

Thank you for clearing up what Florio is.

miller has a tough road. he can play under the tag for the next two years and the broncos would save money as both those years are lower than the 19 mil per he wants.

i just have a feeling elway isn't going to give him what he wants. I think he will play on the tag this year and they will let him hit the market next year. We will see. Broncos aren't paying a QB so that's the reason they might do it.

But Bills had loads of cap room..now they dont. Gilmore and Taylor might say not going as smooth.

NFL needs to get rid of franchise tag...cant think of another business where you screw your best employee .

Screw by compensating them to the level of the top people in their field?

I would say the opposite, I can't think of a business that would guarantee someone millions even if they get hurt and can't show up to work. Or in Mario's case, start slacking and showing poor effort but still collect $750,000 per game.

Come on man.....

Screw by compensating them to the level of the top people in their field?

I would say the opposite, I can't think of a business that would guarantee someone millions even if they get hurt and can't show up to work. Or in Mario's case, start slacking and showing poor effort but still collect $750,000 per game.

Come on man.....

There is insurance available to athletes to cover their lost compensation in the event that they're hurt. It's expensive, but it's available. Perhaps the most famous NFL player that cashed in on the same was Mike Utley when he was paralyzed in a freak accident on the field. He got paid by insurance instead of being paid by the team.

• 4 weeks later...