Karlos is Key.

By the way, if you think that Buddy Nix is "the worst GM in history" you don't follow much football. He isn't even the worst GM of the last decade. I guess that I'm the crazy one? Hmmm, I guess that I will give it a shot.

:lol:

Dude, you have GOT to be the most shameless mis-quoter in the history of this board! -Pretty hilarious actually...

Anyway, I get what you're trying to say about Zeke... I'm just saying that until I see the product on the field, -it didn't happen.

I see Karlos as a highly productive "bird in the hand"... As we've established, our linebacking corp suffered numerous injuries last season... I'd like to see the more productive members of that unit stay healthy in '16... Whether you feel that's McCoy, or I feel it's Karlos, it's a message to the training and coaching staff, really.

If K. Williams can improve his production in a familiar offense, we will be hard to out-score... That's whether Tyrod Improves or not.... Sound blocking plus healthy horses coming out of the backfield.... Even the Ryan Brothers would struggle to screw that up.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karlos is a very nice complimentary back. I love the guy and he certainly had some great plays. But Shady should still be a special player when healthy. Karlos broke some long plays, but I'm willing to bet Shady scares defenses more. In addition to the typical injuries RB's deal with, I worry a LOT about the concussion issues with Karlos. You come back from hamstrings and ankles. Concussion histories combined with that running style are a scary combination. Hoping for the best.

Agree. I dont think Karlos is ready to be "the man" yet. He was able to be successful as a change of pace back last year because of the respect defenses have to pay Shadys skills. If we didnt have Shady I dont think Karlos would be as successful. He also takes a beating due to his running style so IDK if he would last as the work horse.

I think that you are selling him short here. Now I'm confused. I think Karlos Williams has every chance to be as good or better than CJ Anderson.

Poor-man's version only because of CJ's contract.... Something on the order of 4-year 18 mil, with a 5mil signing bonus,,, 7.5mil guaranteed... Nice money for a RB.

And Kirby, no offense taken on the FSU thing. We have one more summer session for him to finish his Masters and a job waiting for him in September. With any luck we have both kids off the payroll by fall. This is a glorious time in our household!!!

Y'all are sleeping on J Williams. Just watch.

Ummmm......brave talk imho. Lets see the rookie against the big boys. And, even if he performs....the bills might cut him. (What was the name of that guy who lead the league in preseason rushing for the Bills, the bills cut, and has played for Detroit many years since?....Oh yeh Jaquine Bell)

Ummmm......brave talk imho. Lets see the rookie against the big boys. And, even if he performs....the bills might cut him. (What was the name of that guy who lead the league in preseason rushing for the Bills, the bills cut, and has played for Detroit many years since?....Oh yeh Jaquine Bell)

What?

See my comments up thread regarding him. I heard after the rookie camp that he was way ahead of where they expected and they loved him. Some scouting services had him as high as the 2nd best back coming in before his injury. This isn't a guy battling for a roster spot. They think, very, very highly of him. He will get 8-10 carries a game now and that's before anyone is injured.

I think there are a lot of great points here on both sides, but the most important point so far is how close I am to getting both kids off the payroll. This is life changing stuff!

OK, I'll leave that alone now and celebrate in solitude.

I think there are a lot of great points here on both sides, but the most important point so far is how close I am to getting both kids off the payroll. This is life changing stuff!

Congrats man, travelling in your future?

So you think once they graduate, they'll be completely off the payroll???

:lol: TaaaaHahahahahaha!

Heads-up, they now qualify for a RAISE.

Congrats man, travelling in your future?

Oh, the irony of it all! My wife has travelled all her life. Now she travels for work but has little energy for recreational travel. She grew up spending her summers in Lebanon. Countless trips to Europe. Tonight she arrived in Philly for a few days for work. She travels about 3 times a month for work, but loves it. I've been trying to get her to Europe for 20+ years. I have to settle for joining her on trips generally in the SE. The last 12-18 months have led us to Hilton Head, SC, Miami, Las Vegas, New Orleans, Savannah, Sea Island Ga, Sarasota, FL, Reynolds Plantation, GA, Nashville, Boston, etc. I skip the crappy trips. It could be worse. :)

So you think once they graduate, they'll be completely off the payroll???

:lol: TaaaaHahahahahaha!

Heads-up, they now qualify for a RAISE.

Oh no, I'm so far ahead of you that you have no clue! The RAISE is over. The CPA has his job lined up and can pay his own bills. The "troubled child" will earn more than the CPA. We've monitored this closely! We went through the whole "oops!" phase already. If it's only half as screwed up as it was, we win!

Oh, the irony of it all! My wife has travelled all her life. Now she travels for work but has little energy for recreational travel. She grew up spending her summers in Lebanon. Countless trips to Europe. Tonight she arrived in Philly for a few days for work. She travels about 3 times a month for work, but loves it. I've been trying to get her to Europe for 20+ years. I have to settle for joining her on trips generally in the SE. The last 12-18 months have led us to Hilton Head, SC, Miami, Las Vegas, New Orleans, Savannah, Sea Island Ga, Sarasota, FL, Reynolds Plantation, GA, Nashville, Boston, etc. I skip the crappy trips. It could be worse. :)

Hopefully you bring your clubs ☺

Maybe Karlos's agent should be pushing Bills to get an extra shell helmet for Karlos or one of those new helmets some teams are purchasing. It has to be the Bills since he cannot just show up with new helmet.

How did Mark Kelso ever get away with his own Extra Shell helmet or was that before NFL rule book became as big as Encyclopedia Britannica?

Old article on Kelso's helmet.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/7/3/3134086/nfl-concussion-litigation-mark-kelso-buffalo-bills

5.6 yards/carry should knock your socks off. The thing that I think most people overlook though, is that it's easier to put up gaudy ypc numbers in spot duty/as a role player. He was far more effective last year as a change of pace back to a healthy McCoy as opposed to when he was the clear cut starter and got 20 carries a game. Very few guys can take 20 carries a game and be consistently effective (even though they may not average 5.6 ypc) and that is why McCoy is a special back. As a 1-2 punch when they're both fully healthy they're amazing together. We really need them both to stay healthy.

While I think I get the point you are TRYING to make....... Karlos never even actually had 20 carries in a game.

This type of hyperbole is consistent with much of the mythology used to downplay the impact of MG and KW.....who both ran for well over 5 yards per carry and scored the bulk of the rushing TD's for Buffalo in 2015.

The reality wrt Karlos ability to be a feature back is this........he only had one game....Giants.......early in the season where he started with McCoy out.

He struggled but he also suffered a serious concussion in the game and apparently was playing with it for much of the contest which kinda' explains some of the struggles. (Watkins was also out, which is a key factor in the Bills ability to move safeties out of run D)

But other than that Karlos ran well and put the ball in the end zone whenever McCoy was out.

McCoy was injured early in the Dophins game and Karlos took the rest of carries...had a great game......... and he excelled in the 10 quarters post McCoy tearing his MCL running for.

But he wasn't the starter late in the year because he was playing with a bad shoulder. Gillislee got the bulk of the carries in Washington/Dallas/NYJ post McCoy. MG actually followed the blocking better than McCoy or KW.

So back to KW, basically, a rookie 5th round RB played really well in 12 of the 14 quarters where he was present and McCoy was not..........and yet the narrative here is the opposite and dead wrong.

McCoy has not been a dynamic RB for the past couple seasons.......4.3 yards per carry and not putting the ball in the end zone is not dynamic in the slightest.

Fun to watch make people miss?........yes.........but with much of that being accomplished laterally it didn't really amount to the actual yardage that it felt like or physically wear down a D like a big back would.

For a small fraction of the investment they got better production from MG and Karlos........and it's hard to chalk that production all up to being change of pace backs since they continued to do it for the last few weeks without him.

I have my doubts about Karlos just like everyone else.........I think concussions will likely end his career very short........but honestly there are tons of RB's that could put up the production McCoy did last year in this offense.......and many who would do better.......as exemplified by the 5th rounder and the street free agent who actually did it last season.

I am very excited about the stable of backs they have.......anxious to see Jon Williams in action this summer........big backs are the way the league is adapting to smaller, quicker defenses that pursue well sideline to sideline and minimize the impact of small, quick finesse RB's like McCoy.

I realize that Bado has been working hard to make a case against Shady for a while now......

While I consider him to be a VERY effective back......I will be watching him with much interest. I am wondering if the bills are considering making a move after this year that is NOT football related.

Shady talks too much and is in the news too much for the wrong reasons.

I think that the bills when they drafted Williams this year were just going with value vs round.......but sometimes when you do that you just plain get lucky and get a stud.

lets say Shady puts up a solid season this next year....but really like the backs they now have behind him and see the opportunity to trade him? I dont know the cap implications of that but......when you have talent you want to get it on the field.

I love Karlos, however he is one hit away from retirement.

Also, Karlos was the knock-out shot after tons of body shots throughout the game. I think he is the perfect complimentary back. The workhorse? Maybe, but not yet

This is very true.

That being said, our running game is a great strength.

Shady is our star RB, but our back-up guys are also important.

I'm concerned about Karlos' concussion history, and this had to be a big reason why we drafted Jonathan Williams.

I really hope that Karlos has improved on his running game, I know that he played good as a back-up, but as a starter, he was barely noticeable.

What really surprised me about Karlos was his play as a receiver. He ran good routes and showed he had great hands. Remember his touchdown against the Giants?

The back-up RB battle in training camp will be fun to watch. We have a good group of players in that category.

Agree. Im really looking forward to seeing what a healthy J Will can do on the field.

See my comments up thread regarding him. I heard after the rookie camp that he was way ahead of where they expected and they loved him. Some scouting services had him as high as the 2nd best back coming in before his injury. This isn't a guy battling for a roster spot. They think, very, very highly of him. He will get 8-10 carries a game now and that's before anyone is injured.

I also think J Will is gonna be awesome when healthy.

Edited by Marty McFly