RIP Harambe

/dev/null

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think crowd hysteria and a zoo director freaking out led to this conclusion. I'm just really surprised the "protocol" for this type of situation happening at a zoo is for said zoo to shoot the animal dead. If that's the contingency plan, can't wait to see the inspired choices for the poisonous snakes or the owl cage.

If I'm the zoo, I'd sue the parents. On some level their lack of parenting skills led to the reluctant destruction of property.

I think crowd hysteria and a zoo director freaking out led to this conclusion. I'm just really surprised the "protocol" for this type of situation happening at a zoo is for said zoo to shoot the animal dead. If that's the contingency plan, can't wait to see the inspired choices for the poisonous snakes or the owl cage.

If I'm the zoo, I'd sue the parents. On some level their lack of parenting skills led to the reluctant destruction of property.

It's a tragedy for all parties concerned. There will be no lawsuit by anyone. Too damned litigious these days!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Moronic parenting is at an epidemic level spreading around the world. What makes these idiot parents even more criminally negligent is that they delayed notifying the police because they were afraid that they would be in trouble. These people make a good case for being an advocate of forced sterilization.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/30/asia/japan-boy-woods/?iid=ob_lockedrail_topeditorial

The choice was saving the life of a human vs. saving the life of an animal. Not sure why this is so difficult for so many.

well, i'd have shot the mom.

of course you have to shoot the gorilla to kill. its the only option. but it's bull **** and the mom needs punished.

I don't see how the zoo is liable.

hell yeah they are. not having proper security to keep the child from falling in. not having proper security to keep the gorilla away from the moat correctly. not having a proper response that now gave the child and mother great mental stress.

if you've been to a great zoo and to a bad zoo you see the differences.

edit: i'm not calling cincinatti zoo a bad zoo. in fact, it is one of the top zoos in the country and is the best zoo in ohio (which is saying a lot because ohio has 3 of the top zoos in the country's top 25 - toledo, columbus, cinci).

nc zoo is usually ocnsidered top 20.

Edited by Boyst62

Moronic parenting is at an epidemic level spreading around the world. What makes these idiot parents even more criminally negligent is that they delayed notifying the police because they were afraid that they would be in trouble. These people make a good case for being an advocate of forced sterilization.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/30/asia/japan-boy-woods/?iid=ob_lockedrail_topeditorial

Moronic parenting videos are spreading. I could have jumped into any one of a million cages in the Buffalo zoo in the 1970s when my parents were letting me roam pretty free. I just didn't.

A gorilla has to die because of some stupid kid. They couldn't risk using tranq darts because if the kid dies or gets hurt, they get sued for not acting faster.

Ummmm........it's a zoo.......gorilla wasn't really "living"......... it was being kept animate for human observation/entertainment......because zoos....like restaurants........ are about people......not the animals.

Save some DNA and re-print Magilla when the cost of the ink goes down.

In other news.......Doug Whaley says animals aren't meant to live in zoos.

I wonder what these people's reactions would have been had the gorilla killed the boy. It's a bad situation all around, but I'd much rather the headline be what it is rather than the other outcome.

well, i'd have shot the mom.

of course you have to shoot the gorilla to kill. its the only option. but it's bull **** and the mom needs punished.

You wouldn't have shot the mom. You're just saying that for a reaction like the scores of other attention whores on the Internet.

Why should the mom be punished? I'll admit, I haven't looked, but I haven't heard any details about how the mom lost track of the boy - nor have I heard how he got down there. Obviously, she didn't see him going down there ... but I have to think it's likely that at least one adult did. What about the people who (possibly) looked the other way? Were they just "minding their own business?"

This is just so typical of our judgmental/know it all society. People get pissed when parents use those leashes on their children; the same people get pissed when a parent loses track of their child. And about 99.9% of the time, those judging have zero details.

Your logic says that every parent of a child who's gone missing should be punished. That's dumb.

You wouldn't have shot the mom. You're just saying that for a reaction like the scores of other attention whores on the Internet.

Why should the mom be punished? I'll admit, I haven't looked, but I haven't heard any details about how the mom lost track of the boy - nor have I heard how he got down there. Obviously, she didn't see him going down there ... but I have to think it's likely that at least one adult did. What about the people who (possibly) looked the other way? Were they just "minding their own business?"

This is just so typical of our judgmental/know it all society. People get pissed when parents use those leashes on their children; the same people get pissed when a parent loses track of their child. And about 99.9% of the time, those judging have zero details.

Your logic says that every parent of a child who's gone missing should be punished. That's dumb.

Agreed..i would have been arrested more than once if i was arrested everytime i lost sight of my kids, at that age, at a zoo or amusement park.