MMQB: Rex + Rob: The Battling (and Babbling) Buffalo Bros

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm a sucker, but I read this and I get extremely stoked. I don't care. If I'm disappointed later then so be it.

Plus, I really like these guys as humans. It's not that I'm a fan of bluster in general. But their bluster is so authentic - it's just who they are. It doesn't seem insecure and fearful to me, as bluster often does. Those guys just have the life force gushing through them and it spills out of their mouths in hilarious, often a-grammatical, ways. I love them, and I'm glad they are coaching this team.

Whether they turn out to be good coaches with these players in this time and this place remains to be seen. But I'm going to enjoy the ride. And I wish them well in their lives, whatever happens with the team.

Between the Ryans and Tyrod Taylor, I'm finding this a very easy team to root for right now, which has not always been the case (though I always root for the team anyway because I have the incurable Buffalo Bills sickness. Chronic.). this...exactly my thoughts too.. :thumbsup:

I bet the Saints fans have a better understanding? Multiple posters referencing problems with formations, knowing assignments and having the correct number of players on the field.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/sean-payton-coming-up-pft-355577/#.V0iR5Oz3anM

You know full well that asking fans of a team where someone was fired about their opinons is not gonna give you the full scope.

The fans that watched Schwartz go from his position before he came to us HATED him

You know full well that asking fans of a team where someone was fired about their opinons is not gonna give you the full scope.

The fans that watched Schwartz go from his position before he came to us HATED him

So Sean Peyton's opinion on his former DC is not to be trusted, the fans who are harping on the same mistakes Peyton referenced are also not to be trusted. If you read the responses no one was hating on RR a few blamed the front office and said RR made a fair effort. Others talked about similar issues we have had with Rex, the reference to the amoeba front sounds spot on.

As someone who loved the Rtan hiring, it seems it gets worst everyday. Not only did he help destroy the defense and have us "rally" to an amazing 8-8, he has now given us the gift of another loudmouth.

I could care less what you say to your team. You should tell them you will kick everyone's butt. But they are both so tone deaf and never seem to learn. Just shut up! Stop talking to the media. They are like dudes who can only hook with fat chicks who tell everyone they could be dating models if they want. It's like Don Trump inspires them to talk more.

Anything less than the playoffs (and a win over the Patriots) and they need to go. The fact that either of these guys have the nerve to run their mouths after their disasters of last year blows my mind. Shut up and stop wasting elite defense talent for your stupid "system."

So Sean Peyton's opinion on his former DC is not to be trusted, the fans who are harping on the same mistakes Peyton referenced are also not to be trusted. If you read the responses no one was hating on RR a few blamed the front office and said RR made a fair effort. Others talked about similar issues we have had with Rex, the reference to the amoeba front sounds spot on.

I know this is a long thread but I clearly said that the truth is likely somewhere in between.

Sean Payton was destroying the Saints since they only had the #2 defense in the NFL. He then decided to take control of the defense as well.

Rob might be a bigger clown than Rex. At least Rex has some actually real things on his resume.

As someone who loved the Rtan hiring, it seems it gets worst everyday. Not only did he help destroy the defense and have us "rally" to an amazing 8-8, he has now given us the gift of another loudmouth.

I could care less what you say to your team. You should tell them you will kick everyone's butt. But they are both so tone deaf and never seem to learn. Just shut up! Stop talking to the media. They are like dudes who can only hook with fat chicks who tell everyone they could be dating models if they want. It's like Don Trump inspires them to talk more.

Anything less than the playoffs (and a win over the Patriots) and they need to go. The fact that either of these guys have the nerve to run their mouths after their disasters of last year blows my mind. Shut up and stop wasting elite defense talent for your stupid "system."

we are in year 2 Cbis

I know this is a long thread but I clearly said that the truth is likely somewhere in between.

I'm not judging either way, the Saints defense was very good to my fantasy team so as far as I'm concerned RR did great. He should probably pipe down though and stop talking about his former team. Prove your worth in Buffalo and everyone will love you, stop telling us about how great you are and show us. Do we really need a glorified positions coach blustering in May?

we are in year 2 Cbis

Rex is going into his 7th year as coach. They both have been coaching forever since their dad got them jobs.

I've never been a fan of dudes who run their mouths a lot. It reeks of insecurity. But it's one thing if you are winning. Rex has a losing record as a NFL head coach. Rob just oversaw one of the worst defenses in NFL history! And they still are running their mouths!

I have no problem forgiving people for making mistakes. Rex said he made some mistakes running his mouth when he took over the team and they feel flat on their faces. But then he hires his brother, and start talking again.

How about instead of talking about how you are going to beat Belichick and be so awesome on defense, you actually show it on the field? But I'm sure this is all Mario's fault somehow. :)

Rex is going into his 7th year as coach. They both have been coaching forever since their dad got them jobs.

I've never been a fan of dudes who run their mouths a lot. It reeks of insecurity. But it's one thing if you are winning. Rex has a losing record as a NFL head coach. Rob just oversaw one of the worst defenses in NFL history! And they still are running their mouths!

I have no problem forgiving people for making mistakes. Rex said he made some mistakes running his mouth when he took over the team and they feel flat on their faces. But then he hires his brother, and start talking again.

How about instead of talking about how you are going to beat Belichick and be so awesome on defense, you actually show it on the field? But I'm sure this is all Mario's fault somehow. :)

I get your point

THe talking doesnt really bother me as long as they back it up

I know this is a long thread but I clearly said that the truth is likely somewhere in between.[/quote

I'm not judging either way, the Saints defense was very good to my fantasy team so as far as I'm concerned RR did great. He should probably pipe down though and stop talking about his former team. Prove your worth in Buffalo and everyone will love you, stop telling us about how great you are and show us. Do we really need a glorified positions coach blustering in May?

There is no football being played.....reporters are asking them questions.

Is this really a big deal?

I get your point

That's the point John. They haven't yet they keep talking. What you should do in life is see if you're doing something wrong and make adjustments. Rex and Rob are dudes who just get louder the worst they get. Those type of people are awful.

Ryans, stop talking to the media or anyone who will listen to you. Coach up your team and if you actually have real success, scream as loud as you want. Belichick probably just looks at those 2 as complete buffoons.

I get your point

There is no football being played.....reporters are asking them questions.

Is this really a big deal?

It's alarming that his defense had the same problems as Rex's did last year. It's also worth mentioning that it's all the Saints fault and not his. Wasn't he brought in to help with the pre snap communications? He didn't even have his D on the same page in his 3rd year with the Saints? No your right, it's not a big deal it's much the same. Edited by Commonsense

Some people here at TBD and in the media will not be happy unless Rex and Rob are the Debbie Downers that many in the media are. (There is a difference between being realistic and being so negative that you search out the cloud in the silver lining).

I have no problem with our head coach and other coaches having confidence and confidence in our team. I like the fact that they have personality.

The alternative is to have a personality like Dick Jauron or Jerry Sullivan as head coach. Neither guy would be considered a leader of men.

Other than Mario (who went on strike) and a back up tight end from the Jets, players seem to love playing for Rex.

Rex and I similarly do not like being around negative people. That is why I don't participate here as much as I used to. If I want to get a daily dose of negativity and snark, I could do that by reading Bucky, Sully et al.

Just my two cents.

I bet the Saints fans have a better understanding? Multiple posters referencing problems with formations, knowing assignments and having the correct number of players on the field.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/sean-payton-coming-up-pft-355577/#.V0iR5Oz3anM

Do these ones get credit? Or are they the wrong ones to listen to?

Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar viewpost.gif
Florio said that Rob pretty much said he was handcuffed here and it wasn't his defense he wanted to run. Payton's response was it's never anyone person's defense, it's a collective process but he was very much a part of it and had a lot of say.

Indeed..I think under the circumstances RR did do a good job. Bad FA signings, loss of veterans, injuries, influx of rookies, scheme changes all had an effect.

Truth is we need more than a damn good job to be done. We needed it to be excellent, better than damn good...and in that respect...he failed.

And my god would Rex Ryan be railroaded if this was one of his players saying this:

Breaux made a comment that had caught my ear during his interview at the Saints HOF golf tournament.

Breaux talks about the off-season & his golf game

talking about the transition/install to DA's system "It's much easier now, you know. We can just play instead of thinking."

not that it wasnt obvious from watching them play under Ryan. But it was clearly a very real issue, and not just one the posters of the board thought was happening.

Do these ones get credit? Or are they the wrong ones to listen to?

Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar viewpost.gif

Florio said that Rob pretty much said he was handcuffed here and it wasn't his defense he wanted to run. Payton's response was it's never anyone person's defense, it's a collective process but he was very much a part of it and had a lot of say.

Indeed..I think under the circumstances RR did do a good job. Bad FA signings, loss of veterans, injuries, influx of rookies, scheme changes all had an effect.

Truth is we need more than a damn good job to be done. We needed it to be excellent, better than damn good...and in that respect...he failed.

If your going to jump into the middle of a conversation read the whole thing. I said some posters blamed the front office and that RR gave them a fair effort.

I thought Rex was fine in the interview. That's who he is. Could have left out the part on Mario. I thought Rob came off as a buffoon mainly because he threw Sean Payton and Dennis Allen under the bus. Should have left that part out, true or untrue (it's probably somewhere in the middle) as it was unnecessary IMO.

I actually like that Rob said that about working with the saints because it's nice to hear the truth for once instead of political double speak that usually comes from coaches.

Also Screw Mario, glad Rex called him out for not buying in and not playing hard.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian