MMQB: Rex + Rob: The Battling (and Babbling) Buffalo Bros

He himself is not so stable. He's frenetic. He's hyper. His teams exhibit the same qualities. If you're looking for stable I think you'll be disappointed.

Yup. The real hope is to be .500 come mid November and then go on a 10 game tear into late January. I have a hard time seeing him as a guy that strings together 12 win seasons with regularity even if this one goes well

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. The real hope is to be .500 come mid November and then go on a 10 game tear into late January. I have a hard time seeing him as a guy that strings together 12 win seasons with regularity even if this one goes well

I do not get this thinking. Not to become rude, much less defend Ryan.

But don't people grow?

And change over time. Experience is the best teacher.

How long has Rex been a HC ?

Because his pressers still seem a bit over the top does not mean he won't change tact.

As an old fart, i still am fine tuning myself. My ability to communicate, and my effort to execute.

If you are looking at long term wins losses ? There is enough parity in the league that so many factor play in to statistical analysis that we as fans can barely cover them all. and hells bells luck is one of them !

Math suggests he will be steady, but not a good steady. That worries me more then his ability for " stability "

Give the Man his year to prove it.

But don't people grow?

Because his pressers still seem a bit over the top does not mean he won't change tact.

As an old fart, i still am fine tuning myself. My ability to communicate, and my effort to execute.

If you are looking at long term wins losses ? There is enough parity in the league that so many factor play in to statistical analysis that we as fans can barely cover them all. and hells bells luck is one of them !

Math suggests he will be steady, but not a good steady. That worries me more then his ability for " stability "

:thumbsup:

HA!..that's why I chose that name. Getting old is better than the alternative.. :nana:

As has so graciously been pointed out, I am no spring chicken myself!

As a 3rd grader I used to walk home to Jack Kemps house on occasion with my classmate, his son. I thought it was cool then, but probably even more so now. Warwick is still a bit sketchy to me, but Butch Byrd was a favorite as my sister used to babysit for them and I traded football cards with his son. So yeah, I'm old enough to know OJ was absolutely amazing.

Odd hire? Ticket sales were through the roof. That's what it's about with Russ and company. Sales baby and if they just happen to win then great.

I don't disagree that the hiring of Rex added some excitement and a lively personality to the organization, especially after having to deal with the dour and insufferable Marrone. But my view is that the new display of excitement by the fans (reflected by ticket sales) had more to do with the new hope that the new ownership represented. To most people it brought back optimism to a recognized backwater and irrelevant franchise in the NFL. Also, the recognition that the new owner was committed to running the franchise much differently from the prior regime changed the dynamics in a positive direction for the customers. (Not criticizing the prior owner.)

You can blame Brandon for the Rex hire. I don't. This was an ownership decision. He had the opportunity to consult with anyone he wanted inside and outside of the organization. That was his decision and so he has to be accountable for it. Maybe the next time he has to make a coaching decision he does a better job at doing his due diligence.

He may be overwound but that does not directly equate to the team's performance does it ?

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but, unfortunately it has. His teams have been undisciplined.

He brought in his brother who has the same qualities. Who is the X's & O's minder?

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but, unfortunately it has. His teams have been undisciplined.

He brought in his brother who has the same qualities. Who is the X's & O's minder?

Naw its cool to present the Penalty factor.

And last year we racked em up. and some hurt more than others !

This is not answer so much as a question. From what i picked up, the penalties were more often confusion or broken play. (excepting for Jerry, he was the same hot head with Marrone : )

If that poor communication we saw last year is still present this year, i will too know the Ryans are done.

My suggestion is that if that particular matter can be repaired , consistency should prevail. Regardless of Rex.

x and o

Sure he draws the overall game day up. Sure he defines the team.

The under Coaches are tasked to make sure players understand and then can execute.

I was faulting middle management last year honestly.

How the hell could Preston Brown not be getting plays called in?

Fix that and the LBs will again be Rex's strength as demanded by his method of play.

The penalties that reflected lack of discipline were the worst and terribly frustrating. Almost as much as a certain PI penalty in London I may seek therapy for.

And there were WAY too many discipline penalties. I do feel that was a reflection of the coach.

The penalties that reflected lack of discipline were the worst and terribly frustrating. Almost as much as a certain PI penalty in London I may seek therapy for.

And there were WAY too many discipline penalties. I do feel that was a reflection of the coach.

i agree they were frustrating - but not sure it is a reflection of Rex? They had the second most penalties in the league in 2014. It was an issue before he got here. And Rex's jets were middle of the league in penalties before he came here. Edited by YoloinOhio

i agree they were frustrating - but not sure it is a reflection of Rex? They had the second most penalties in the league in 2014. It was an issue before he got here. And Rex's jets were middle of the league in penalties before he came here.

I don't want to turn this into a crusade (obviously I'm not in love with the guy), but I think everything is a reflection of the head coach to some degree. To say he didn't make it worse doesn't impress me. It's his job to make the team better. I get that it's not that easy, but there was some really stupid, "lost your cool moments" that resulted in huge untimely penalties and maybe an extra loss or two. Who knows, but watching that made me I'll.

I'll try too relax a bit now. :)

But don't people grow?

I'm all for chances but people tend not to flip a switch without a major event. Also, I haven't seen anything this last year that screams to me that he WANTS to be a different person. Tweak and refine things, sure I guess, but Rex is Rex and I think Rex likes Rex. Which is great for him, but probably a roller coaster for us. Do you see him as an even hand and self disciplined for months at a time, yet alone years?

I'm all for chances but people tend not to flip a switch without a major event. Also, I haven't seen anything this last year that screams to me that he WANTS to be a different person. Tweak and refine things, sure I guess, but Rex is Rex and I think Rex likes Rex. Which is great for him, but probably a roller coaster for us. Do you see him as an even hand and self disciplined for months at a time, yet alone years?

That would be an extreme shift wouldn't it ?

Change can been be slow , can be progressive , or slow to a crawl and then chase the running rabbits.

Last year is not where i base my overall opinion of Rex's future trending.

That was just a Bad Moon risen for Rex.

He may not be all that good , but he really ain't that bad either.

Can he evolve? we all do.

Will it be enough? not sure.