Bills' 2016 Organized Team Activities - Week 3

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch: Watkins Talks, Clay Returns To Practice (2:11)
WR Sammy Watkins for the first time since foot surgery, TE Charles Clay returns to football activity, and DE/LB Manny Lawson talks about competing for playing time.

Wood: "We're A Lot Further Along" (3:56)
C Eric Wood talks to the media about moving in to the 2nd year with Rex Ryan as Head Coach, returning the entire offensive line in 2016, comparing this year to last and more.

@JoeBuscaglia

Tyrod shows progress, an under the radar comp., and a young WR gets a big chance. 7 observations from #Bills OTAs: https://t.co/pSwnOqMo88

Couldn't figure out how to get it to quote here, but isn't number 4 a description of a defensive alignment? That more than anything seems to be the thing we don't want to advertise. "Hey everyone in the league we are practicing alignments with 3 safeties?" WTF?

Couldn't figure out how to get it to quote here, but isn't number 4 a description of a defensive alignment? That more than anything seems to be the thing we don't want to advertise. "Hey everyone in the league we are practicing alignments with 3 safeties?" WTF?

That's a long time thing in Rex Ryan's defense that is already known around the league.

That's a long time thing in Rex Ryan's defense that is already known around the league.

I can see that but from the Pats* media sheet that was posted it struck me that personnel groupings was called out to not be reported. I don't see the need for reporters to call that out (ie do the fans need to know).

Edited by YattaOkasan

I can see that but from the Pats* media sheet that was posted it struck me that personnel groupings was called out to not be reported. I don't see the need for reporters to call that out (ie do the fans need to know).

Sal Capaccio asked Rex a question about the three safety look in his presser today that he answered. I don't think it's a big deal.

@viccarucci

My 3 #Bills thoughts lead off w ILB Preston Brown answering the challenge to be more assertive. BN Blog: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/06/02/vic-caruccis-3-bills-thoughts-browns-assertiveness-defensive-chatter-ejs-rough-day/

Here are my three thoughts after the Buffalo Bills' fifth OTA practice, the second that was open to the media:

>Earlier in the offseason, Rex Ryan called out Preston Brown for not being assertive enough.

>Speaking of assertiveness, practice sounded much different Wednesday than at any time last year.

>The quarterback who suffered most from Cardale Jones' absence from practice wasn't the rookie from Ohio State.

@TBNSports

What They Said: #Bills OTAs transcripts of Rex Ryan, Charles Clay, Manny Lawson & Eric Wood: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/06/02/said-transcript-ryan-te-charles-clay-lb-manny-lawson-c-eric-wood/

Cj8odZEXAAA99IN.jpg
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Boy oh boy, Vic just can't resist any opportunity to lambaste EJ Manuel. I guess he needs to keep doing it to support his "QB position is worse this year" article from a couple of weeks ago, but seriously, is there anything more lame than going out of one's way to critique the backup QB?

Edited by eball

Confidence that Carpenter will bounce back

He missed just four field goal attempts last season, typically the average for NFL field goal kickers in a season. For Dan Carpenter the problem was the new distance for extra points last season. Though there were other kickers in the league who had their share of extra point misses, it was a surprise to see the normally reliable Carpenter miss six in 2015. However, a down year that was compromised by a preseason hamstring injury is seen as an exception by head coach Rex Ryan rather than the norm for Carpenter.

Boy oh boy, Vic just can't resist any opportunity to lambaste EJ Manuel. I guess he needs to keep doing it to support his "QB position is worse this year" article from a couple of weeks ago, but seriously, is there anything more lame than going out of one's way to critique the backup QB?

In his defense all of the reporters crushed him yesterday.