Bills' 2016 Organized Team Activities - Week 3

@TyDunne

This AM's three #Bills thoughts: Preston Brown already making presence felt, Taylor's next step, players to watch... https://t.co/N0NvX2uLGu

Good morning, folks. We'll have all the updates from Wednesday's open OTA practice on Twitter at 10 a.m.

Here are a few thoughts heading in...

An OTA brawl involving Preston Brown is a good thing.

It's hard to speak up when you're in a three-way quarterback competition

The final open OTA practice is today. Who will we be watching?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TBNSports

@mikerodak

Bills OT Cordy Glenn and Seantrel Henderson are not on the practice field for today's OTA. http://es.pn/25LU0iJ

@MatthewFairburn

Greg Salas is back on the field for the Bills. Throw him into the wide receiver competition.

@TyDunne

A lot of players out for the Bills. At RB, K. Williams, Gillislee and Wilder. At WR/TE, Clay, Watkins, Listenbee, Allen, Goodwin, Easley.

It's not. Especially when the lion's share of those wins came more than half a decade ago.

Wow. Half a decade sounds like a really long time. So you know for a fact there are other specific NFL coaches with more than 4 wins against Belicheat?

The graphic in this article would suggest otherwise.

http://boston.suntimes.com/bos-sports/7/119/241572/graphic-shows-bill-belichicks-record-vs-every-nfl-team

Wow. Half a decade sounds like a really long time. So you know for a fact there are other specific NFL coaches with more than 4 wins against Belicheat?

The graphic in this article would suggest otherwise.

http://boston.suntimes.com/bos-sports/7/119/241572/graphic-shows-bill-belichicks-record-vs-every-nfl-team

Half a decade is a really long time without replicating success. It's definitely a long enough time to get someone fired, as we all know.

Since 2011, here's a list of people with more or equal wins against BB as Rex.

Chan Gailey.

John Fox.

Gary Kubiak.

Tom Coughlin.

Mike Tomlin.

John Haurbaugh.

Pete Carrol.

Jim Haurbaugh.

Ken Whisenhunt.

Marvin Lewis.

Ron Rivera.

Joe Philbin.

Andy Reid.

Mike McCarthy.

Doug Marrone.

Todd Bowles.

Dan Campbell.

Chip Kelly.

And some QB's...

Kevin Kolb.

Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Alex Smith.

Sam Bradford.

Ryan Tannehill.

Kyle Orton.

Praise be to Rex!

Edited by FireChan

Half a decade is a really long time without replicating success. It's definitely a long enough time to get someone fired, as we all know.

Since 2011, here's a list of people with more or equal wins against BB as Rex.

Chan Gailey.

John Fox.

Gary Kubiak.

Tom Coughlin.

Mike Tomlin.

John Haurbaugh.

Pete Carrol.

Jim Haurbaugh.

Ken Whisenhunt.

Marvin Lewis.

Ron Rivera.

Joe Philbin.

Andy Reid.

Mike McCarthy.

Doug Marrone.

Todd Bowles.

Dan Campbell.

Chip Kelly.

And some QB's...

Kevin Kolb.

Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Alex Smith.

Sam Bradford.

Ryan Tannehill.

Kyle Orton.

Praise be to Rex!

Yes, the Patriots have lost games in the last 5 years, including to Doug Marrone who managed to hang on to squeak by the Pats B team in a meaningless game. I was pointing out that you would likely not find any, or certainly not many, coaches who have more than 4 wins against NE during Belicheats tenure. I am not suggesting it's great, only that it is as good as anyone has done. As for that half a decade, I could not care less other than his record as Bills coach. Right now that is 0&2, and needs to improve this year.

Yes, the Patriots have lost games in the last 5 years, including to Doug Marrone who managed to hang on to squeak by the Pats B team in a meaningless game. I was pointing out that you would likely not find any, or certainly not many, coaches who have more than 4 wins against NE during Belicheats tenure. I am not suggesting it's great, only that it is as good as anyone has done. As for that half a decade, I could not care less other than his record as Bills coach. Right now that is 0&2, and needs to improve this year.

Talk about setting yourself up for surprise...

Rex got lucky getting to those 4 wins, as history has shown. When you play the Pats the most in the last 6 years, you'll win a handful. Ask Joey Philbin.

Edited by FireChan

Talk about setting yourself up for surprise...

Rex got lucky getting to those 4 wins, as history has shown. When you play the Pats the most in the last 6 years, you'll win a handful. Ask Joey Philbin.

How did he get lucky? Please elaborate.

How did he get lucky? Please elaborate.

Sometimes you win games as an inferior opponent. Happens all the time in the NFL. Rex has proven that his 3 wins in 2009 and 2010 against BB were not something he would ever replicate. It's why the Jets finally fired him. It's why when you compare him to the list of other coaches with 1 win or more against BB in the 5 years, there's 2 categories. Coaches who suck and usually got fired but managed to win a game against the Pats, and coaches who have had recent and usually sustained playoff success and accolades. It's not very difficult to see which side Rex falls in.

How does 4-11 compare with other coaches? Might be pretty good actually.

Nobody does well against the Hoodie*** except Coughlin.

It's not. Especially when the lion's share of those wins came more than half a decade ago.

Screen-Shot-2015-08-11-at-8.32.17-AM.png

Sometimes you win games as an inferior opponent. Happens all the time in the NFL. Rex has proven that his 3 wins in 2009 and 2010 against BB were not something he would ever replicate. It's why the Jets finally fired him. It's why when you compare him to the list of other coaches with 1 win or more against BB in the 5 years, there's 2 categories. Coaches who suck and usually got fired but managed to win a game against the Pats, and coaches who have had recent and usually sustained playoff success and accolades. It's not very difficult to see which side Rex falls in.

How does any of that have to do with luck? Ryan fielded a better product than the Pats in 2009 and 2010. After that , not so much. Implying that he won't ever replicate his 2009 to 2010 record vs the Pats is simply your opinion, not any fact, not a proven fact.

How does any of that have to do with luck? Ryan fielded a better product than the Pats in 2009 and 2010. After that , not so much. Implying that he won't ever replicate his 2009 to 2010 record vs the Pats is simply your opinion, not any fact, not a proven fact.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016, shame on me.

Edited by FireChan