Best tailgate party ever - Bills at Rams in Los Angeles

Kelly the Dog

That's awesome. Great job KTD. Stinks as my one if my previous home office was in LA. I could have made an excuse to need to visit the corporates given I'm in Mgmt. Doh!

Have fun guys and represent the mafia!

Make Hammers proud. The king of tailgating.

The San Diego Bills Backers thru one of the best tailgate party's that I ever have been to in 2005. The LA group will have to step their game up big time to clam the Best Tailgate on the West Coast!

They just extended the Exposition line to Santa Monica for people staying at hotels on the west side. And there's subway service from the Valley to downtown as well; so folks don't necessarily have to drive to the game. If you can avoid it driving, avoid it. Traffic is a beast going into downtown, especially on weekends.

It will be nice to hear all the Bills fans at the Coliseum. I think people who aren't Bills fans will be shocked at the size of our presence.

They just extended the Exposition line to Santa Monica for people staying at hotels on the west side. And there's subway service from the Valley to downtown as well; so folks don't necessarily have to drive to the game. If you can avoid it driving, avoid it. Traffic is a beast going into downtown, especially on weekends.

It will be nice to hear all the Bills fans at the Coliseum. I think people who aren't Bills fans will be shocked at the size of our presence.

It opened Friday. Getting downtown to Coliseum from Santa Monica will be 45 min. $1.75. Trains run every 12 minutes (have to check on that for Sunday's but should run for game days.). Great way to go. It's a walk to the tailgate from the USC station

Yep. I take the Red Line subway to the Expo Line which stops right at the Colosseum. Couldn't be easier. Anybody from east of downtown can take the Gold Line or a Metro train to Union Station and connect over to the Expo. If you fly in the day of the game, try Burbank. Take the shuttle to the Red Line or p/u a Metro train right at the airport. If you use LAX, grab an Uber to the Santa Monica Expo station. If you're coming from SD or Orange County, take the Amtrak to Union Station, then the Red Line to 7th St., switch to the Expo line, yadda yadda yadda. It's cheap, no traffic hassles, no DUIs, and the trains will be packed with fans. No need to take a car anywhere near downtown.

It's actually good and lucky timing by the schedule makers. Not really around any holiday like Thanksgiving or Christmas or Halloween. The Bills will still have a chance. ;) I think it's in your best interests.

But, Columbus day is on Monday the 10th...means the chuckleheadson does not have to miss a day of school...after missing two for the opener that would be a no go.

The response for tickets has been rumored to be overwhelming.

Good friend is a big wig at very large, well-known company based in LA. Talking to him bout coming out for this game the other day...he said no one from the Rams has approached them about suites , tickets, or even any kind of sponsorship. Very strange.

I certainly won't be going for the "nice stadium". I went to a few USC games when I lived in LA and it's not a nice place to watch football.

I have seen one game there..87 Bills Raiders. Only game i have ever had a problem...knuckleheads behind us actually giving my then 67 year old mom chit...really? Was nice that whole bunch of Raiders fans backed us and actually when to get security and got these guys kicked out.

Edited by plenzmd1

Stubhub had then starting at $150. I got two seats in lower section 25 for $200 a piece. Yeah, I guess that's a little pricey. But, they're 7th row!

Have you ever been to the Coliseum? It is a huge huge place & the seats are very far from the field. 7th row actually maybe a bit too low. I would of tried to get a bit higher if I was you.

Stubhub had then starting at $150. I got two seats in lower section 25 for $200 a piece. Yeah, I guess that's a little pricey. But, they're 7th row!

Yeesh! That's a lot for a regular season game in a college stadium.

Oh well, at least the tailgate will be awesome.

Have you ever been to the Coliseum? It is a huge huge place & the seats are very far from the field. 7th row actually maybe a bit too low. I would of tried to get a bit higher if I was you.

I actually worked there not long ago. I think I got some awesome seats.

Yeesh! That's a lot for a regular season game in a college stadium.

Oh well, at least the tailgate will be awesome.

This ain't Buffalo! :flirt:

I hope the tail gait will be fun for a six-year-old. It will be my son Bruno's first game!

I hope the tail gait will be fun for a six-year-old. It will be my son Bruno's first game!

I believe the Bills Backers got a permit that allows kids into the event. I will check on it but pretty sure that I was told that.

EDIT: Yes. A waiver was granted for kids as long as they have a ticket.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I believe the Bills Backers got a permit that allows kids into the event. I will check on it but pretty sure that I was told that.

EDIT: Yes. A waiver was granted for kids as long as they have a ticket.

Awesome. Thanks, Kelly!

I actually worked there not long ago. I think I got some awesome seats.

Okay well you would know best. I was only there once. I just remember the place was enormous.

I've been to Levi's Stadium and sat in very good seats, and they were not as expensive as that.

Also, unlike the LA Coliseum, the field is not a mile away from you.

For that matter, I've been to the Oakland Coliseum, which is not the best of stadiums and is nowhere near as old as the LA Coliseum, and I didn't spend that much. I wasn't sitting in the first few rows, but I wasn't in the Bob Ueker seats either.

I get it, though. Los Angeles is just capitalizing on the fact that the city hasn't had NFL Football in a long time, so they can afford to price gouge. Even in a stadium that is primarily bench seating.

I've been to Levi's Stadium and sat in very good seats, and they were not as expensive as that.

Also, unlike the LA Coliseum, the field is not a mile away from you.

For that matter, I've been to the Oakland Coliseum, which is not the best of stadiums and is nowhere near as old as the LA Coliseum, and I didn't spend that much. I wasn't sitting in the first few rows, but I wasn't in the Bob Ueker seats either.

I get it, though. Los Angeles is just capitalizing on the fact that the city hasn't had NFL Football in a long time, so they can afford to price gouge. Even in a stadium that is primarily bench seating.

Yeah, it's far from posh.

It's kind of amazing how giant the impact of the Rams return is, and is going to be, on this city. Season ticket sales are through the roof. I think this is much more of a sports town than when the Rams left. Clippers, Lakers, Kings, and Dodger games are routinely packed, and I think have also gotten more expensive. I brought some relatives to a Dodgers game last year, and was pretty shocked at the prices.

And, the traffic is going to be brutal! Occasionally, I will have to drive over the 405 pass, and have noted how one school bus, slowing down the flow of traffic, can back traffic up for literally miles. A hundred semis carrying material in and out each day for two years is going to be unbelievable.

Yeah, it's far from posh.

It's kind of amazing how giant the impact of the Rams return is, and is going to be, on this city. Season ticket sales are through the roof. I think this is much more of a sports town than when the Rams left. Clippers, Lakers, Kings, and Dodger games are routinely packed, and I think have also gotten more expensive. I brought some relatives to a Dodgers game last year, and was pretty shocked at the prices.

And, the traffic is going to be brutal! Occasionally, I will have to drive over the 405 pass, and have noted how one school bus, slowing down the flow of traffic, can back traffic up for literally miles. A hundred semis carrying material in and out each day for two years is going to be unbelievable.

Yeah, I can imagine what that will be like.

I have friends that live in Inglewood and they are very close to where the new stadium will be.

I'm guessing that the area will get a facelift and become far more attractive and less seedy, since the NFL wants to have this grand spectacle in that area. Sort of like what the city of Anaheim did with Disneyland, when it became the resort it is now.

Edited by Mark Vader

The San Diego Bills Backers thru one of the best tailgate party's that I ever have been to in 2005. The LA group will have to step their game up big time to clam the Best Tailgate on the West Coast!

Yup. Agreed. That group is supposed to join us.

Yes, the San Diego backers have organized the best tailgate parties I have ever been a part of.

From what I have read the San Diego group is working with the Los Angeles group(s) on this gathering. So it should be a great time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I live in Danville now. 925 Bills fan lol.

That aside, I have tickets for the Shrine tailgate for this game. Does anyone have advice on the game day parking situation?

Nice! I just looked at that myself and we'll either take Uber/Lyft or ride the rail to USC...after I saw parking prices were nearing or at $100 for the area. Um, no...that's not happening. Plus, with a few beverages in me, not going to attempt the drive. Going to the tailgate myself...

Edited by 707BillsFan