Titans Release Zach Mettenberger; Claimed by the Chargers

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, in the second half he threw a horrible should-have-been easy pick in the end zone that was dropped. The play that gave the Bills the lead was a defensive interception returned for a TD. And he totally choked on the Bills' final possession. Let's not blow up what he did in that half as Montana-esque.

Hey I just had a piece of toast that should have been a doughnut. I think I'm going to go into my kitchen that should have been Beyonces kitchen and wash it down with some water that should have been a Labatts

I would have thought they could have traded him for a 7th rounder. They couldn't even get that for him. I wonder if there's more to it than just his poor on-field performances?

I would have thought they could have traded him for a 7th rounder. They couldn't even get that for him. I wonder if there's more to it than just his poor on-field performances?

He's always been a little.... Immature.

Does that really apply at ten consecutive losses? That's hard to do. Also, the team won with Mariotta at QB. This guy is a total loser.

If there was a fix-all statistic that told you everything, this game would be way easier to work out.

Look at the circumstances at play and make up your own mind why things play out the way they do. There's better ways to discredit Zach Mettenberger than citing a win-loss record.

Shame all the people who see him in practice everyday thought he sucked. Shoulda hired a guy like you who "knows what a QB looks like" Am I right?

No we should just stick with the QB's we have drafted in the past 20 years. They have had such success so why mess with it or have your own opinion on the subject

No we should just stick with the QB's we have drafted in the past 20 years. They have had such success so why mess with it or have your own opinion on the subject

What exactly are you arguing? That we need more sucky QBs?

You want a QB you develop one. If he sucks after a few starts you develop him some more. I find EJ and Mettenburger to be very similar to each other other than EJ is more familiar with the system and he has more wins.

What exactly are you arguing? That we need more sucky QBs?

That Mettenberger is better than any backups we have which I thought was pretty obvious. I'm not saying we should get him now after wasting a 1st and a 4th on our backup QB's. This 6th rounder is better though

If Mett was worth anything, there's no way he gets cut in favor of Matt FN Cassel when you consider how young he is and how inexpensive he would have been to the Titans.

They already have a young established starter. They preferred having a "cagey" vet to help him develop. That makes sense in a lot of places.

You want a QB you develop one. If he sucks after a few starts you develop him some more. I find EJ and Mettenburger to be very similar to each other other than EJ is more familiar with the system and he has more wins.

Yeah really---why don't we just keep developing the sucky QB's until they don't suck anymore??

I mean isn't that what Indy did? Wait, no....it's what Denver did. Crap....it's what Carolina and the Giants and NO did. Dang, no--it's what Detroit, Ravens and Seattle did. Oh man, hold on...it's what Tenn and TB are doing.

What was the question again?